GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hit a nerve. All you belmont boys get on here and pump yourselves up and I mention training was very basic and you can't get over it. Now Leo is pumping up the 5 junior players in the team. Come on Leo the rest of the team are recruits.

It would appear Leo was the one who hit a nerve, hardly say they are pumping themselves up, merely reporting how their team is traveling and why shouldn't they be a bit excited seeing as Belmont has struggled greatly recently. Just the same as other supporters would be if they were to post more in here about their team.

They definantly are going about their business in a outspoken way in regards Belmont. I know after being on the bottom a bit and then getting a surge to end the year they may be up and about but I see it as their setting themselves up for a fall. The football will want to do the talking just like someone posted how the bph/north and even east Geelong's don't come on here to talk themselves up nor their recruits from wherever. Looks like 3-8 may be a lot more even in a lot of years and hoping that bph and north have some more challengers. Season quietly approaching us, does anyone honestly see a team giving them a scare? Inverleighs the easy answer but even they have a good 60 points to make up on their prelim exit

Any truth to the rumour a recent Inverleigh recruit was reported for striking in the practice match on Saturday?
That would make it 4 striking charges in 1 week for Inverleigh!!

Rumour has it the player reported for striking will front the tribunal tonight and will inform them he is actually from the Belmont Lions as they Inverleigh like to try and palm off the blame for their stupid actions :eek:

Rumour has it the player reported for striking will front the tribunal tonight and will inform them he is actually from the Belmont Lions as they Inverleigh like to try and palm off the blame for their stupid actions :eek:

Did the umpire have to subdue him with pepper spray like the Sorrento incident? ha ha, but on a serious note the GDFL must be getting sick of their poor behaviour.....who is coaching the colts interleague team this year......?

Did the umpire have to subdue him with pepper spray like the Sorrento incident? ha ha, but on a serious note the GDFL must be getting sick of their poor behaviour.....who is coaching the colts interleague team this year......?

You would think the GDFL would be pissed off especially if the rumour that the coach was involved is true. Is the tail wagging the dog out at Inverleigh?

According to K-Rock is was Justin Di Blasio

Good point mate, what about netball, colts, and reserves? or is it just a normal day with respects to Anzac Day?
There are actually a few Colts Grading, and Ressies games scheduled for the morning of ANZAC day on Football Barwon website.

I think the respect part is all sport not being played before 1pm?

Apparently it is all ok as long as you dont charge to get in and every host club does a collection / raffle and donates the proceeds to the local RSL branch. I am sure all the home clubs would also make the effort to line up and have a minutes silence before the main game.
I think its good all the local clubs get to be involved and pay respects to the diggers with all the players, supporters etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todays practice match at Dunnstown,
Belmont Lions : 21.11.137
Dunnstown :6.7.43

Any other people got scores from todays practice matches ?

Beaten by west
I think the E.Geelong vs Altona result highlights how irrelevant practice games really are. Altona would be at least a 20 goal better team than E.Geelong in the real stuff, please don't anyone get overexcited about practice matches.

I think the E.Geelong vs Altona result highlights how irrelevant practice games really are. Altona would be at least a 20 goal better team than E.Geelong in the real stuff, please don't anyone get overexcited about practice matches.
Any truth to the story that the Corio Colts coach took his team off the ground, and refused to continue his teams practice match Vs Newcomb Power Colts, due to very dirty play by the Newcomb Colts players????

I agree ya can't go by pracco matches I don't think the western region league apart from deer park and spots wood are as strong as it once was very mixed results as Altona gave North Geelong a touch up two weeks ago. Bell post hill don't play any and who would question their preparations them and daylight I ser it

Thanks Tigertamer,does anyone else have GDFL practice match scores,Bannockburn,Inverleigh,North,Thomson,Werribee,Anakie ???
Thomson played Derrinallum ... not sure of scores, but you'd imagine they would have won comfortably

Thomson played Derrinallum ... not sure of scores, but you'd imagine they would have won comfortably
So, can anyone confirm, or deny, that Corio's Colts coach refused to complete there practice match Vs Newcomb Power because of the behaviour of the Newcomb team. Ie. I assume that all Newcomb wanted to do was fight??? If so it's a problem AFL Barwon needs to look into and deal with now.

So, can anyone confirm, or deny, that Corio's Colts coach refused to complete there practice match Vs Newcomb Power because of the behaviour of the Newcomb team. Ie. I assume that all Newcomb wanted to do was fight??? If so it's a problem AFL Barwon needs to look into and deal with now.
True the game got stopped halfway thru the second quarter due to fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back