GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holzy signed at BPH, then went and signed at Corio.

will be interesting to see what the league does.

What is the league going to do? It will be up to Bell Post Hill and if they clear Holzy to play at Corio. BPH have the right to reject the clearance but will they hold a player back that dosnt want to play at the club.

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/coachs-catch-up-lara/

Above link on K-Rock local football (coaches catchup) has Tom King interviewing Lara coach Kershaw who states Zac Hickelton from Inverleigh is coaching Lara 18s and playing seniors.

The coaches catchup also has interviews with Rick O'Tool and Nick Washington, they are worth a look.

How are Belmont looking Punchy? I hear Aaron Nawrocki is a assistant coach. Will he play? he was a very good player but he hasn't played for a few years.

Are inverleigh going backwards or going backwards? Heard they signed a few Corio boys in billy nichols & accheni?? Lost trotter bremmer & hybens.. Not big losses but they couldn't afford to lose any one.

Corio by all reports have approached a lot of players with no results

Looking forward to winch making the climb up the ladder with finals experience now

What is the league going to do? It will be up to Bell Post Hill and if they clear Holzy to play at Corio. BPH have the right to reject the clearance but will they hold a player back that dosnt want to play at the club.
Most players would swap clubs hastily when offered over 3 times the $$$ they are on. BPH can simply hold him back on principal, they will dig their heels in but usually these things get sorted after the clubs have made their point. Corio throwing big cash around, not sure it's the way to go for sustained success but they do need to start somewhere.

Most players would swap clubs hastily when offered over 3 times the $$$ they are on. BPH can simply hold him back on principal, they will dig their heels in but usually these things get sorted after the clubs have made their point. Corio throwing big cash around, not sure it's the way to go for sustained success but they do need to start somewhere.

corio tried throwing cash around last year with the bourkes & these type of players.

maybe its time the club started from the top down, all people connected with the club i know are saying this. From committee to coach.

How are Belmont looking Punchy? I hear Aaron Nawrocki is a assistant coach. Will he play? he was a very good player but he hasn't played for a few years.

Merry Christmas David. Belmont are looking to improve alot, lost 17 players but have signed 32 new ones.
No huge names on huge coin, just some very handy footballers from in and around the region. The club is in the good position of having 7 boys come up from the 18s as well that will play seniors plus gun ex junior Heath Walsh has come back from Grovedale. We play Corio at Corio first up then West, Thomson, Anakie and Bannockburn before a trip out to reigning premiors North in round 6 so the first 5 rounds will be interesting to see where we are at.
The good news for the club is we finally have a new netball court behind the bottom oval so no more Oberon for the girls.

If you sign at a club, thats where you play. should never have signed if he "doesnt want to play at the club"(wants more money)

if clubs are going to bend over and cop it from other clubs in the league, then why should we work together to promote it?

BPH will fight this. they have more to lose than just a player who doesnt want to play
If the League lets it go through, it will be the last dollar i put into any club in the GDFL.

If you sign at a club, thats where you play. should never have signed if he "doesnt want to play at the club"(wants more money)

if clubs are going to bend over and cop it from other clubs in the league, then why should we work together to promote it?

BPH will fight this. they have more to lose than just a player who doesnt want to play
If the League lets it go through, it will be the last dollar i put into any club in the GDFL.

That's an interesting take bizza, as I recall Moreland signing at Leopold a few years back and when you offered him heaps more to stay he came back before Rd1. So you can't have it both ways mate.

That's an interesting take bizza, as I recall Moreland signing at Leopold a few years back and when you offered him heaps more to stay he came back before Rd1. So you can't have it both ways mate.
From memory he got less money at BPH than he would have at Leoold and had to pay back the sign on fee to Leopold.

Bizza it will have nothing to do with the league it will be up to BPH if they clear him. BPH can reject his clearance if he has signed at BPH. Corio would need to take it to AFL vic to have him cleared.

The GDFL cant stop players signing at 2 clubs. BPH have the power as he needs to be cleared from them. Good luck keeping a player that wants out.

Bizza it will have nothing to do with the league it will be up to BPH if they clear him. BPH can reject his clearance if he has signed at BPH. Corio would need to take it to AFL vic to have him cleared.

The GDFL cant stop players signing at 2 clubs. BPH have the power as he needs to be cleared from them. Good luck keeping a player that wants out.

I don't think bph would be interested in rejecting his clearance to make him stay at the club, but when a player signs at a club then to sign at another should that club be held to gain nothing and lose a player regardless how valuable he is, I think if Corio are able to compensate the player then can a reasonable compensation be made to the former club in an instance like this where it's upto them to clear the player?

Regards to Moreland, was getting paid more to return to bph than leopold.. Interesting where these rumours come from

Well I can only go on what I was
I don't think bph would be interested in rejecting his clearance to make him stay at the club, but when a player signs at a club then to sign at another should that club be held to gain nothing and lose a player regardless how valuable he is, I think if Corio are able to compensate the player then can a reasonable compensation be made to the former club in an instance like this where it's upto them to clear the player?

Regards to Moreland, was getting paid less to return to bph than leopold.. Interesting where these rumours come from[/quote

I can only go on what I was told, simple fact he got less at BPH. That was from the horses mouth at the time it all happened. No rumours just what I was told and shared on this forum, isn't that the point?

If Corio want the player and he is signed yet should pay a fee to BPH like that Vogels guy. torquay had to pay Geelong West half his sign I fee which was for 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phantom35 sorry mate I meant to say hearing Moreland returned to bph for more money was definantly not true, which my next post was suppose to mean. Totally agree with any club being compensated for a signed player leaving for another though

Jayke Mawson has apparently told his close mates at the Belmont Lions that he keen to come across if they can find him work as East Geelong got him the job at Alcoa! Handy late pick up if this is true I would have thought!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayke Mawson has apparently told his close mates at the Belmont Lions that he keen to come across if they can find him work as East Geelong got him the job at Alcoa! Handy late pick up if this is true I would have thought!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayke mawson is no good..

Regards to Moreland, was getting paid more to return to bph than leopold.. Interesting where these rumours come from[/quote]

I'd say the horses mouth would be a good place to start? But then again it wouldn't be the first time that bloke has spun s**t.
Although it makes no sense to sign at a GFL club do the whole pre-season and then backflip, return to the GDFL, lose his captaincy and all for a pay cut?

Moreland came back to exactly the same deal as he left, this i know 100%. Given his history at the club, you cannot say we were morally obligated to say "no you cant come back".

In every contract at BPH, there is an out clause for GFL or higher leagues of footy, but club in the same league? No way. From a recruitment perspective, its a small window and when you have a player of Holzys calibre signed with Page and Witney, you dont really chase small mids.

BPH will move on, but they would want some coin back to throw at a replacement. If it doesnt come from Corio then holzy might be watching this year.

Moreland came back to exactly the same deal as he left, this i know 100%. Given his history at the club, you cannot say we were morally obligated to say "no you cant come back".

In every contract at BPH, there is an out clause for GFL or higher leagues of footy, but club in the same league? No way. From a recruitment perspective, its a small window and when you have a player of Holzys calibre signed with Page and Witney, you dont really chase small mids.

BPH will move on, but they would want some coin back to throw at a replacement. If it doesnt come from Corio then holzy might be watching this year.

I've been told holzy is assistant coach at Corio if this is true, the afl appeals board will grant him his clearance because its a coaches roll. So I'd start looking for another small midfielder bizza. Just going on from same incidents in the past. You won't get money compensation either it's not afl footy it's only gdfl footy.

Regards to Moreland, was getting paid more to return to bph than leopold.. Interesting where these rumours come from

I'd say the horses mouth would be a good place to start? But then again it wouldn't be the first time that bloke has spun s**t.
Although it makes no sense to sign at a GFL club do the whole pre-season and then backflip, return to the GDFL, lose his captaincy and all for a pay cut?

That horse might be telling porkies depending who he is talking to which then depends what story he uses, for all the talent in the world he isn't the smartest guy, Bizza would know more about the inner going on's in the club.
Prymke staying at easy is great news for them who've retained most of there list, has Jesse mawson moved back to south barwon? Thomson have a coach in the pipeline , anyone know of their plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back