GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

9 posts from mattyman01 and all have been rubbish!!

Look forward to reading what you make up next.........................

Breaking -

mattyman01 sleeps with the light on

Well said. All negative, why even be here?
I'd bet Witney and Bacely don't play reserves at all in 2016. Only way would be coming back from a lengthy injury. Wager?

Any in the last 5 years? Moreland would be a gun in any side and Symes won a gfl club bnf
Paul Carson went from Werribee Centrals to GWSP, won a league B&F then to Joeys and now Inverleigh.

Let's go the other way and how many so called "superstars" from the GFL came back to GDFL and dominated ?

Tom

Tom hall found it hard

Z Suto was ok, was old but didn't tear it apart. Lucas Murphy had Similiar impacts on BFL & GDFl. Mullane Grant played GFL and either played VFL or was offered too.
Been plenty of GFL 'gun reserves' players who people thought would dominate the lowly GFL, most of not all were just solid players but not near the elite GDFL players running around.
The young key fwd from East, Bouman has gone to Angelsea and kicked more goals in the BFL than he did in GDFL.
Leigh Clifford back in the day went back and forth I think?
Matt Firman from BPH didn't play GFL but became Geelong VFL captain and was rookie listed

Yeah I was told $1000 per game for Carson, that's just for playing. Not sure about coaching.
What's the total cap? That's like half!!!!!
So where's Mr High and Mighty FALSENINE now, shouldn't he be on his HIGH HORSE again as he loves to be? Apparently he hates people being obsessed about how much players are being paid (check out his boring posts to see what I'm on about)? He even complains to the moderators when he disagrees with something he dislikes. FALSENINE, where are you now???? No comment???

9 posts from mattyman01 and all have been rubbish!!

Look forward to reading what you make up next.........................

Breaking -

mattyman01 sleeps with the light on
Breaking news from the_voice- never played a game of footy in his life, would rather be on pointless forums talking about garbage that know body cares about, who did you watch train tonight crumb?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Carson went from Werribee Centrals to GWSP, won a league B&F then to Joeys and now Inverleigh.

Let's go the other way and how many so called "superstars" from the GFL came back to GDFL and dominated ?

most gfl player come to gdfl at the end of there careers so you never seen them in there prime!! They come because they know they can still play the standard .as for gdfl players being able to play gfl the gap is the biggest its ever been. There will always been exceptions and some players will make it but i honestly believe stuff all can star in gfl will be interesting to see how the bellpost hill boys go!.

Chris Moreland is an average gfl player and Luke Forbes is not by any means a superstar in gfl
You didn't see the grand final did you? And he's now past his prime also .
I do agree the league standards have dropped overall. The 2015 North grand final team was nowhere near as good as their 2013-14 side. Inverleigh and North of 2015 wouldn't hold a candle next to the Easts and Thomsons of 3-4 years ago.
I think the draw is going to cause good team to miss the finals and a less deserving team finish possibly in 5th with a soft draw this year.

And who do you think that team might be ?
Dunno. Top teams have it hard and bottom teams have it tough, just thinking some team will crawl up to 6th and think they are better than thy are. Fair enough. Seems to be a huge gap between top 6 and the rest, far too big. Thomson will finish top 3 surely with their soft draw. they were the same this year, got clipped by a tougher draw than Bannock or Belmont.

Dunno. Top teams have it hard and bottom teams have it tough, just thinking some team will crawl up to 6th and think they are better than thy are. Fair enough. Seems to be a huge gap between top 6 and the rest, far too big. Thomson will finish top 3 surely with their soft draw. they were the same this year, got clipped by a tougher draw than Bannock or Belmont.

could a side like corio who play the bottom 5 sides twice manage 10 wins and play finals? west and anakie draws almost as good as corios.
would be huge if one of those teams pinch 5th spot because of a soft draw and belmont miss because they play 4 top 6 sides twice

Z Suto was ok, was old but didn't tear it apart. Lucas Murphy had Similiar impacts on BFL & GDFl. Mullane Grant played GFL and either played VFL or was offered too.
Been plenty of GFL 'gun reserves' players who people thought would dominate the lowly GFL, most of not all were just solid players but not near the elite GDFL players running around.
The young key fwd from East, Bouman has gone to Angelsea and kicked more goals in the BFL than he did in GDFL.
Leigh Clifford back in the day went back and forth I think?
Matt Firman from BPH didn't play GFL but became Geelong VFL captain and was rookie listed
Zvonimir Suto is a god in Lara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back