Bannockburn V Lorne this Saturday at Skilled stadium should be a good game

Tips Round 1:
Anakie V North Geelong
Bell Post Hill V Inverleigh
East Geelong V Thomson
Corio V Belmont Lions
Bannockburn V Winch
Geelong West V Werribee

Anyone willing to have a crack at the Interleague Team ?

Tips Round 1:
Anakie V North Geelong
Bell Post Hill V Inverleigh
East Geelong V Thomson
Corio V Belmont Lions
Bannockburn V Winch
Geelong West V Werribee

Anyone willing to have a crack at the Interleague Team ?

agree with all your tips except the Nth Geelong/Anakie game.

Yep, same here id be interested to no what would make you think Anakie would beat North runner?

Not that i think North are world beaters but Anakie hasnt recruited the house down from what ive seen. Or just a hunch on a upset?

Anakie vs Nth/g by4 gls

BPH vs Inverleigh by 7 gls

E/geelong vs Thompson by 7 gls

corio vs e/Belmont by 2 gls

Banno vs Wnich by 5 gls

G/West vs Werribee ;)This could be an upset werribee by 2 gls

Interesting year ahead, all pressure on East imo. Can any side from last years bottom 4 push up and into finals this season?

Anakie vs Nth/g 6 Points

BPH vs Inverleigh 50 Points

E/geelong vs Thompson 80 Points +

corio vs Belmont by 20 Points

Banno vs Wnich by 40 Points

Pretty one sided round Im tipping, with Corio/Belmont and Anakie/North the only close things.

Interesting year ahead, all pressure on East imo. Can any side from last years bottom 4 push up and into finals this season?

Anakie vs Nth/g 6 Points

Pretty one sided round Im tipping, with Corio/Belmont and Anakie/North the only close things.

Anakie, after beating point cook by 10 goals they may be the suprise packet, but then again Point Cook play ammos div 4 which is the lowest division and they do not pay players, Anakie are spending $65,000 on players, in for a real big year:confused:

Anakie vs Nth/g by 10 goals
BPH vs Inverleigh by

E/geelong vs Thompson by 15 +

corio vs e/Belmont by 6 goals

Banno vs Wnich 2 goals

G/West vs Werribee 10 +

any important players out for this week from any clubs?

Murphy will kick 130 goals this year if he plays every game. the guy is a gun. he kicked 100 for barwon heads when they finished 3rd last. He will kick a lot more with the ball coming in a lot more often. i expect him to kick 10 goals plus when he plays against Corio, West, Thomson, belmont. If he plays them twice thats 80!!! Thoughts????

Murphy will kick 130 goals this year if he plays every game. the guy is a gun. he kicked 100 for barwon heads when they finished 3rd last. He will kick a lot more with the ball coming in a lot more often. i expect him to kick 10 goals plus when he plays against Corio, West, Thomson, belmont. If he plays them twice thats 80!!! Thoughts????

Can confirm is indeed a gun. In his last year at Heads however he was heavily manned and didn't kick as many goals. If he gets 70-80 for the year that would be a great result for East.

Great to see Adam Skrobolak throw his support behind Brad Coy this year and give him the number 1 guernsey. East have announced that the player with the most outstanding pre season form will go into the season wearing the number 1. Apparently Brad has done the hard yards in the early part of the year and Skrubba said at the jumper presentation that "He was chuffed with Brads work rate and he will clearly go in as his premier rover for the year, with brother Ryan to fill the forward pocket duties".

From all of us at East Brad, Congratualtions
ground breaking stuff...talk about setting the bar high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anakie vs Nth/g 6 Points

werribee centrals and blue west must have the bye:rolleyes:

Anakie, after beating point cook by 10 goals they may be the suprise packet, but then again Point Cook play ammos div 4 which is the lowest division and they do not pay players, Anakie are spending $65,000 on players, in for a real big year:confused:
Great win by the roos today in front of the '91 premiership 20 year reunion. Close all day with the roos icing it with 3 goals in the last 5 minutes. Not so good though for Caine Devlin in the twos breaking his leg 30 seconds into the game and the game being called off as a result. Never a good sign when the ambo is on the ground for near on half an hour.

Yep, same here id be interested to no what would make you think Anakie would beat North runner?

Not that i think North are world beaters but Anakie hasnt recruited the house down from what ive seen. Or just a hunch on a upset?

Thats what made him tip Anakie ;)

Good win for the Roos ive heard North were very very disappointing though speaking to a few blokes that were there.

went and had a look at banno v winch. I did expect banno to will by 10+ goals but it was a very even game the the difference was when winch had a player sent off in the
3rd q. Kane Taylor (Banno) Josh Rees (winch) both looked good for there new clubs.

Great win by the roos today in front of the '91 premiership 20 year reunion. Close all day with the roos icing it with 3 goals in the last 5 minutes. Not so good though for Caine Devlin in the twos breaking his leg 30 seconds into the game and the game being called off as a result. Never a good sign when the ambo is on the ground for near on half an hour.

yes gr8 win by the roos and i hope devo gets well soon as well!!!!!:thumbsu:

As expected Brad Coy was instrumental in setting up Thompsons hiding from East Geelong. 38 hard ball gets and 11 tackles..

Werribee over Anakie 20 pts

Banno over Thompson 40 pts

Winch over Nth Geelong 5 pts

East Geelong over inverliegh by 40 pts

BPH over Corio by 50 pts

E/ belmont over Geelong West 2 pts

Anakie..very interesting i still am certain they wont play finals but a good start never the less. Thomson pulling Bannos pants down a slight suprise aswell.

Winch and North tied at half time before a 9 goal to 0 third quarter split it open.

Few suprise results to start the season but its probably safe to assume the top 2 will be East and BPH with the last 3 spots up for grabs.

My guess is it will be the same as last year still but time will tell.

Anakie..very interesting i still am certain they wont play finals but a good start never the less. Thomson pulling Bannos pants down a slight suprise aswell.

Winch and North tied at half time before a 9 goal to 0 third quarter split it open.

Few suprise results to start the season but its probably safe to assume the top 2 will be East and BPH with the last 3 spots up for grabs.

My guess is it will be the same as last year still but time will tell.

I nearly choked on my corn flakes when I saw the Anakie V Werribee result. Can't remember the last time Anakie knocked off Werribee at Galvin Park. Look for Centrals to hit back hard this week. I'm actually trying to remember the last time Anakie would have played finals??

Looking to be a good season for the GDFL, plenty of sides up and about. East surviving a scare that will produce a ravaging of West this week, and Anakie flying. Breguet to kick 100 before Murphy at east?
tips.
East Geelong to pummel West. 100+
Anakie to come close, but BPH by 5 points
Belmont, just over Winch 10 points
Werribee to fight back and beat Bannock comfortably, 30 points
North Geelong over Thomson, 15 points
Inverleigh by 70 odd points over Corio

I nearly choked on my corn flakes when I saw the Anakie V Werribee result. Can't remember the last time Anakie knocked off Werribee at Galvin Park. Look for Centrals to hit back hard this week. I'm actually trying to remember the last time Anakie would have played finals??

I can. Under Cori Andrews in 2008 maybe centrals were smashed by anakie to the tune of 120 points at galvin park. But I hear what your saying. When centrals have been playing deep into finals and being rated a genuine finals contender, you don't lose at home to anakie. Seems like the same old players in the best at anakie so maybe it's the bottom 6or7 players that have made this difference. Hopefully Geelong west can improve in the not too distant future. Would be good to see some success to an often belted club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back