So using phonetics;

winty = Wine-tea
Ninty = Nine-tea
Pinty = Pine-tea
Dinty = Dine-tea
Minty = Mine-tea

And we have a spine!

Which one would you drink? :p

The Pint-y. .. although Wine-Tea sounds interesting. ..

Alrigth guys we are still needing some players for the upcoming season, im still waiting to hear back from some of last season's players to see if they want to recommit to us or not but either way we need to go on a mini recruiting drive to get players to the club.

If you know of anyone who you feel will make a good addition to the Gumbies without looking like a douche and spamming the hell out of everything then get in contact with them and see if they want to sign and what not!

Indeed it is, and while I'm online, can I get a short reply as to how you feel towards league wide expansion? I'm looking to better reflect our position as a club rather than just going with the minority in public in the past. Because when the people change the opinions tend to follow suit.

You can do this via PM, in here or on the facebook, I'll see either of them.

Indeed it is, and while I'm online, can I get a short reply as to how you feel towards league wide expansion? I'm looking to better reflect our position as a club rather than just going with the minority in public in the past. Because when the people change the opinions tend to follow suit.

You can do this via PM, in here or on the facebook, I'll see either of them.

I'm all for expansion, however. ..

I've expressed this elsewhere that if we get a new team we get a bye and I quite like that idea, so we can have a week off and refresh from time to time. .. Not sure the activity numbers suggest an expansion team would work though. ..

For mine there are a couple of options:

1) A certain accepted level of activity needs to be established (ie. all teams running at ??% average and ??% of all players in the league contributing on a semi regular basis). Then the league can better establish if we are strong enough to expand.

2) Expansion team is assessed on its merits (based on some made up criteria) and just throw them a probationary one season license and if it ends up a bot team, ie. poor recruitment lack of activity (see point one for a measure), then they drop out of the league. ..

Hey Clay, any sort of response from the PMing that hasn't been recorded yet? Similar question to anyone who has tried to engage in recruitment of mates as well, as I've only gotten unfavourable responses myself.

Zero responses Streets. .. Although when I did it last time the responses came in the form of thread posts. ..

Edit: BTW nice win by your mob last night. .. I was there and it was hard to watch ;)

It was, I was thoroughly impressed although sadly I was watching at home. Had plans to go but during the day the old man wanted to try cutting the frames for a new base to the tankstand, and during the process I copped a support beam to the shin as it fell off the bench. So wasn't walking anywhere with any great pace or weight anytime soon which scuttled those plans.

Has swelled up nicely, and luckily it just appears to be a lot of bruising instead of any structural since I did try my best to GTFO of its way as you do. :p

Just trying to catch up on the news, I've been out with an long term illness for a couple of weeks, and I'm not quite sure if that classifies as long term... good enough.

So, seems like we're a bit short on players so I have a terrible solution.*

Step 1 - Everyone have a kid, preferably twins. If you are some sort of reptile or insect (StFly I'm looking at you), you will, in the course of nature, have many more kids. I think. If you have no sterile test tubes or woman willing to bear your child, look into adoption. Ask your mother, father, brother, sister, next door neighbour. Sign them up for the Gumbies.

Step 2 - Rinse and repeat.

*I'll actually just ask a few mates around the law school, they'd be so built for this bantering shiz.

winty = Wine-tea
Ninty = Nine-tea
Pinty = Pine-tea
Dinty = Dine-tea
Minty = Mine-tea

Shotgun the Dinty. Sounds cheap yet classy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry guys, I'm still alive. I've just had a run in with that foul being called university.

Don't worry guys, I'm still alive. I've just had a run in with that foul being called university.

All good Doc. .. Just ticking along waiting for the season to start at the moment. ..

Just trying to catch up on the news, I've been out with an long term illness for a couple of weeks, and I'm not quite sure if that classifies as long term... good enough.

Hey hey to you too Pube. .. Hope the procreation of future Gumbots brings you joy ;)

Hey guys, unfortunately my monitor has died in the arse so currently I'm on the sister laptop (only have for tonight to update peeps since she's at work) and no eta on when I'll get agetnother one as frankly the tower was built in '01 and is a pos now to spend much money on. So, Clay's got the baby when Petes absent, as I won't be able to make it on (video card in said tower is dying too, so looking to replace 2 things and get a laptop myself, as I picked this one for the sis and it's an i7 and beastly in comparison.)

Woe is I, hopefully I should get a solution in a couple weeks, otherwise, well, I'm up the creek basically.

Pretty sure the sister still has my old crt if it comes to that, really I'm just pissed these things keep happening when I'm sleeping, it's a pain.

If it comes down to it, I'll pop over to hers to use this laptop and drop you a line Clay.

Clay, clear your PM's mate, you'll have incoming from someone that's not me which I give my approval for, inform Cub and pete when it happens if you could please.

My gold subscription ran out. .. fixed now ;)

By my records we only have 14 players at the moment, So atleast another 6 needed, even if they are last seasons players that need a bit of a reminder to recommit.

Correct me if im wrong but the list i have at the moment, not including playing numbers etc is as follows...

Peterss
StFly
ClayPigeon
winty
TheDoctor
Flawed Genius
whoopsman
Lion Cub 16
A Bit High
A Flying Pube
Covvy
Krazy Kris
Ninty
krisholio14

Total Players = 14

If ive missed anyone then let me know :)

You have it right Peters. ..

SEASON 15 TEAM LIST (with preliminary guernsey numbers)

#10 peterss (Captain)
#47 StFly (Captain)
#21 Claypigeon (Vice Captain)
#16 Lion Cub 16 (Deputy Vice)

#? Winty
#3 Ninty
#7 Krazy Kris (New)
#9 A Bit High
#?? Covvy (New)
#12 Flawed Genius
#14 krisholio14
#23 whoopsman (NEW)
#24 A Flying Pube (NEW)
#45 TheDoctor11 (NEW)

Those who need to re-sign from Season 14. ..

#4 WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
#5 TommyJay (NEW - From the Trolls)
#6 SwanSational Syd
#7 ACTHAWK (NEW)
#8 BigCats96 (NEW)
#03 Bartel (Returning Gumby)
#11 J Selwood14
#20 axis_miles03 (Signed from the Mt Buller Demons)
#22 nickgrant69 (NEW - From the Trolls)
#35 Striker475 (NEW - From the Trolls)
#36 Scared Scotland
#81 Buckets007
#TBA Cat_Lover
#TBA Jeremias
#TBA roostersgal4eva

Name: thecatattack
Preferred Position 1: Full Forward
Preferred Position 2: Centre Half Forward
Preferred Position 3: Ruck
Number: 31