General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bad did Kirk Cousins look today? He's definitely worse than RGIII.
Arizona gave them the ball back numerous time with plenty of time on the clock and he just kept throwing it straight back.
Tom Coughlin just looks like a senile old man yelling at birds now.

Has he ever accepted an official's decision that didn't go the Giants way?
I don't think anyone will ever top Jim Harbaugh there.

Heading back to the US for the annual trip (alas probably the last for a while..)

USC @ UCLA on the Saturday and I will have to try and sneak the Rams @ San Diego on the Sunday.. I wish the NFL game was a better one, but I quite like the Rivers led Chargers and a game is better than no game!!

Its an interesting move by Hayne to try his hand at making the NFL. In the first instance I thought he'd be no chance to make it purely on size however having done a bit more investigating he's roughly the same size as Murray and D Thomas so purely on size he's not immediately ruled out. The big unknown is how is his pace compared to those guys and then of course the whole learning the actual game itself and how to play it. Watching something is nowhere near the same as playing it and his biggest struggle would be learning how to run routes and catching the smaller ball. Perhaps he could have a chance as a punt returner given he's pretty elusive but still its hard to measure how much compared to those guys. He's an exceptional athlete but he'll be trying to break into a league with hundreds of exceptional athletes.

Its an interesting move by Hayne to try his hand at making the NFL...

Perhaps he could have a chance as a punt returner given he's pretty elusive but still its hard to measure how much compared to those guys. He's an exceptional athlete but he'll be trying to break into a league with hundreds of exceptional athletes.

I think he's stated he believes he'd be best suited as a punt/kick returner, at least starting out.

Good on him, I say. Never liked him much but no doubting his ability and if there was a guy in the NRL who I'd pick as being capable of making the switch it would be him.

I think he's stated he believes he'd be best suited as a punt/kick returner, at least starting out.

Good on him, I say. Never liked him much but no doubting his ability and if there was a guy in the NRL who I'd pick as being capable of making the switch it would be him.

Yeah having the play laid out in front of him is going to suit his current skill set right now and perhaps he may be able to work on being a receiver as he goes. Gutsy call that's for sure although I find it hard to believe he's got no pathway for it set out. Guessing he may go play college? no idea on how he would get there otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back