GFL Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with you but I don't think Ammos will ever end up like Newcombe did. They have strong junior numbers coming through. My main point was that Ammos are not the only club spending up in the BFL in search of success but they seem to be tarred with that reputation solely. Torquay, Barwon Heads and the majority of the GFL clubs would be in that group. And no, I am not an Ammo's supporter. It will be great to get the season 2015 underway. All the best for the season ahead.
Fair enough, good points. Lets bring on the footy.

who cares about the money thing for god sake. Let it go, everyone keeps going on about no one cares. More important things are happening like the season is starting and im thinking whether to get on st josephs and inverleigh for the premiership. Juicy odds
Inverleigh? Your kidding, they won't be able to stay sober long enough to challenge.

who cares about the money thing for god sake. Let it go, everyone keeps going on about no one cares. More important things are happening like the season is starting and im thinking whether to get on st josephs and inverleigh for the premiership. Juicy odds

A lot of fans care about it actually.

The fact that measures are being spoken of to try and reign in clubs spending habits suggests your assertion that no one cares is very wrong.

Has Joeys got a ruckman yet...

Only people who care about the future of Footy care about the MONEY ISSUES. Urgot obviously doesn't care about the future of all local footy??

You'd think a North Melbourne fan would get that.

That would be a massive coup. Have you got any names for us Gus?

Not yet mate, will pass on more info as I get it. Which will probably be after this weeks practice match.

Only people who care about the future of Footy care about the MONEY ISSUES. Urgot obviously doesn't care about the future of all local footy??

of course mate i care. Im only frustrated cause you guys keep going on about the geelong amateur situation about money. At then end of the day your rants are going to do nothing about it. Instead of typing behind your keyboards, like keyboard warriors you are, why dont you do something about it then.

of course mate i care. Im only frustrated cause you guys keep going on about the geelong amateur situation about money. At then end of the day your rants are going to do nothing about it. Instead of typing behind your keyboards, like keyboard warriors you are, why dont you do something about it then.

You mean like turn up and support a team despite them getting smashed every week by teams paying stupid money for local footballers?

Some of us have been doing that for years now.

Although I'd love to hear what else it is you think we can do about it?

You mean like turn up and support a team despite them getting smashed every week by teams paying stupid money for local footballers?

Some of us have been doing that for years now.

Although I'd love to hear what else it is you think we can do about it?

Exactly, you cant do nothing, so stop whining about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And your spoken like a true w@nker

And your woeful grammar is making you look like a complete numpty.

No wonder you're unable to add anything intelligent to the thread.

That would be a massive coup. Have you got any names for us Gus?

10348466_562031717232668_678129117209869910_n.jpg

Brenton, Campbell & Victor from NT club Wanderers.

Good luck to the lads.

Last edited:
Exactly, you cant do nothing, so stop whining about it.
Urgot, Urgot, Urgot. You are an idiot. Everyone in Victoria, not just Geelong, knows there is a very big problem with payments made to local footballers. Everyone in this area uses Geelong Amatuer as an example because it's true. They get no supporters at their games, just a few chardonnay drinkers upstairs, they use their Juniors as pawns to make finals, then drop them when the college boys are available, have rich sponsors, a s**t oval, no suburban representation (they are a golf course and an ordinary footy ground, and you have to cross an 19th century bridge just to get in), the worst jumper in the league (what's the horse with wing's thing??). All they have is money. And they want to play GFL, they'll get smashed.

Whoever made the post about Kerby going to barwon heads seems spot on...Anyone know why everyone is leaving south?

I dont think there is any particular reason as to why people are leaving south it is actually very common for the club they have a big turnover every year. As for the majority that have moved on they struggle to play seniors and and probably wanna play senior footy.

But for the good players buckland, hardy , wiseman and kerby i have no idea?? But i reakon it would be difficult to keep backing up and commiting to gfl footy year after year its like a second job.

WOW! Talk about a new look Geelong West in 2015 but you have to ask the question with the all the interstate inclusions just how sustainable this is going to be for the club going forward. I just hope as an outsider looking in that this recruiting strategy is not a 'band aid/short term solution' rather then building from within around a solid junior structure. Time will tell I guess!

WOW! Talk about a new look Geelong West in 2015 but you have to ask the question with the all the interstate inclusions just how sustainable this is going to be for the club going forward. I just hope as an outsider looking in that this recruiting strategy is not a 'band aid/short term solution' rather then building from within around a solid junior structure. Time will tell I guess!

Pardon my ignorance but wouldnt GWSP have to pay all these interstate guys quite abit and they would also I assume have to get them jobs and somewhere to live, is that how it will work? Huge investment to top up the list to make them competitive, not sure I agree with their strategy but I wish them well.

Pardon my ignorance but wouldnt GWSP have to pay all these interstate guys quite abit and they would also I assume have to get them jobs and somewhere to live, is that how it will work? Huge investment to top up the list to make them competitive, not sure I agree with their strategy but I wish them well.
I agree this is not sustainable and a short term fix, build from the juniors up recruit within Geelong and get junior structure right, then you can build toward a successful club. I wish them well in saying that

I can't figure out for the life of me why the money thing is such a big issue, I understand that it creates an unequal balance at times but the VCFL seems to think that players are getting paid too much. What a terrific thing for players who some would otherwise just be making ends meet to get that extra few hundred a week, this is why I think relegation not on a yearly basis but when required is the way to go. Get the rich clubs competing against each other, poorer clubs need to play well at lower levels for a few years, inviting sponsorship and the like before getting into the GFL. I don't see the issue

Good and fair question.

I like the appointment of the new coach. Seems to be more of a motivational and skilled in the game style coach than the previous coaches they've had over the last few years who left a lot to be desired. Hopefully this means the team has a better game plan going forward.

The club are very much building up from the ground. Something that's not easy to do when there's so much competition around for juniors in that area. However its the only way forward for West.

The new recruits have been brought in and sold on this strategy being the plan. Thus they don't have the name or pedigree of the players who have recently departed the club. We've been getting players from Tassie regularly over the last few years so I wouldnt look at that as being something new.

At least for our fans with a bunch of new players flowing into the club the promise of the new season holds a bit of the unknown and excitment. At least until we get flogged in the first game then it's resume normal transmission :D

I can't figure out for the life of me why the money thing is such a big issue, I understand that it creates an unequal balance at times but the VCFL seems to think that players are getting paid too much. What a terrific thing for players who some would otherwise just be making ends meet to get that extra few hundred a week, this is why I think relegation not on a yearly basis but when required is the way to go. Get the rich clubs competing against each other, poorer clubs need to play well at lower levels for a few years, inviting sponsorship and the like before getting into the GFL. I don't see the issue

If it was only an extra few hundred it wouldn't be an issue. It's much more than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back