GFL Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Nick Bourke head back to GFL - surely he keeps plugging away at VFL level and tries to get re-rookied?
Watto of course that would be his intention, he has been invited to train with the Cats VFL Squad again, otherwise he has nominated Leopold as his local club. Doesn't mean he won't play VFL

Watto of course that would be his intention, he has been invited to train with the Cats VFL Squad again, otherwise he has nominated Leopold as his local club. Doesn't mean he won't play VFL

Ok thanks mate. The initial post made it seem like he had stepped back to solely play GFL. Quite unusual for a bloke to get delisted after 1 year as a rookie.

Rumours confirmed
Luke Bath from st marys to bell park
apparently that normington is back at newtown from st marys?

Not confirmed at all urgot. Luke Bath is moving to Darwin early next year and is likely to play with the NT state side in the NEAFL.

great news out of tigerland. After missing all of last year due to travel the Tigers welcome back Speedy Deans, Timmy Delaney and Cameron Young.
A couple of big recruits Zac Smith and Lachie Headland to bolster the Talls. Exciting times ahead with inclusion of a key back from ballarat Jordan Harrison, and a onballer from Adelelaide Danny Stanley.
Will this take the Tigers back to September action?

great news out of tigerland. After missing all of last year due to travel the Tigers welcome back Speedy Deans, Timmy Delaney and Cameron Young.
A couple of big recruits Zac Smith and Lachie Headland to bolster the Talls. Exciting times ahead with inclusion of a key back from ballarat Jordan Harrison, and a onballer from Adelelaide Danny Stanley.
Will this take the Tigers back to September action?
He was great for North City this year so should be a handy pickup.

Can anyone confirm if Dan Lovick has signed back at St Joeys? I know he is heading back home but not sure where he is playing.

Not confirmed at all urgot. Luke Bath is moving to Darwin early next year and is likely to play with the NT state side in the NEAFL.

what about the normington rumour?
Also that black guy for marys, is he gone?

what about the normington rumour?
Also that black guy for marys, is he gone?
I understand neither have been sighted at the first 2 weeks of pre-season training which doesn't mean a great deal this time of year. I doubt Grenville would be an enormous loss now that they have picked up Scott Hughes from Torquay. And I'd be very surprised if Normington returned to Newtown as I heard his departure put a few noses out of joint.

I understand neither have been sighted at the first 2 weeks of pre-season training which doesn't mean a great deal this time of year. I doubt Grenville would be an enormous loss now that they have picked up Scott Hughes from Torquay. And I'd be very surprised if Normington returned to Newtown as I heard his departure put a few noses out of joint.
Normington is staying at St Marys.

do you rate that grenville guy?

tyler stack back for bell park. Bell park might be alright this year, thoughts?

do you rate that grenville guy?
Yeah when he's on he's very hard to stop. He's that awkward size where he's probably too short for most opposition full backs but then far too strong and powerful for your average back pocket. He was pretty inconsistent this year but I remember watching him in 2013 and there were some games he almost won off his own boot including a 55m goal against GWSP after the final siren. Not the most popular teammate however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah when he's on he's very hard to stop. He's that awkward size where he's probably too short for most opposition full backs but then far too strong and powerful for your average back pocket. He was pretty inconsistent this year but I remember watching him in 2013 and there were some games he almost won off his own boot including a 55m goal against GWSP after the final siren. Not the most popular teammate however.

Hughes or Grenville? whose better

How do players rate Alexander Davie from St Marys.Some say very similar playing style and ability to Joseph Fama.
A classic example of a player who dominates GFL reserves but has never been able to find his feet at senior level. Would play one's at 80% of most GFL clubs in my opinion, but SM have a lot of capable juniors coming through from their recent U/18 premierships. He's a tough inside midfielder, very different to Fama I would've thought and a far more accomplished player.

A classic example of a player who dominates GFL reserves but has never been able to find his feet at senior level. Would play one's at 80% of most GFL clubs in my opinion, but SM have a lot of capable juniors coming through from their recent U/18 premierships. He's a tough inside midfielder, very different to Fama I would've thought and a far more accomplished player.

Marys have alot of those players similar to that davie guy, like fazio, craig etc.

Surely he wouldn't get a game in 80% of teams.That means he would get a game in 10 other teams.
Surely not for Colac / Leopold / St Marys / St Josephs / Newtown / South Barwon / Grovedale or Bellpark maybe at West / St Albans / Lara or North Shore's teams.So that's more like 33%.
If I was him I would try and follow Fama to Modda and get some confidence at senior level.
He would be a great pick up for any of the BFL teams.

Surely he wouldn't get a game in 80% of teams.That means he would get a game in 10 other teams.
Surely not for Colac / Leopold / St Marys / St Josephs / Newtown / South Barwon / Grovedale or Bellpark maybe at West / St Albans / Lara or North Shore's teams.So that's more like 33%.
If I was him I would try and follow Fama to Modda and get some confidence at senior level.
He would be a great pick up for any of the BFL teams.

Yeh like all those other borderline players......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back