Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
Welcome to Gimmick Street! EWTopia will return in a few weeks, but I think it needs a little time off for now. Gimmick Street is a thread where we just make up all kinds of different gimmicks for wrestlers based on their names, looks, hometowns or whatever! I'll update the thread title every now and then so we can move on and try to make gimmicks for lots of different wrestlers.

First up is Kevin Owens! An example for Owens is a man who is in a lot of debt and is wrestling to make money and pay his debts off. He wears second-hand gear and sometimes can't afford to play his low quality theme and titantron.

The idea is from a podcast called Going In Raw, so if you'd like to get some inspiration the end of their WrestleMania episode contains the segment. I'm not sure where it is in other episodes.

Last edited:
And when he wins the match he steals his opponents boots or something. Even if he loses he still jumps them from behind and robs them. Obviously this is after he has fully turned heel under the weight & pressure of his debts although there is still empathy for him because you know why he is so desperate for the money & because he is only in so much debt because he put up so much money he had to borrow from loan sharks to save his grandmother's house from being repossessed. It's not like it was money for drugs or something.

They could even have his grandmother being a recurring character at ringside shouting stuff like "No Kevin, please. Not like this" & "Just let them take the house" when he is beating down & robbing another wrestler for his gear.

He could also feud with Miz because he steals all of his fancy gear and then comes back the next week all angry that he couldn't get anything for it when he went to pawn it because it was all actually cheap imitation stuff and not real Prada sunglasses or whatever & shows Miz up as a phony.

Yeah he's probably actually a babyface with heel tendacies now I think about it

Another idea for him is Kevin Green. He's extremely incompetent in the ring and is always nervous and awkward in promos because he's pretty new to it all.

And when he wins the match he steals his opponents boots or something. Even if he loses he still jumps them from behind and robs them. Obviously this is after he has fully turned heel under the weight & pressure of his debts although there is still empathy for him because you know why he is so desperate for the money & because he is only in so much debt because he put up so much money he had to borrow from loan sharks to save his grandmother's house from being repossessed. It's not like it was money for drugs or something.

That reminds me of Happy Gilmore.

Another idea for him is Kevin Green. He's extremely incompetent in the ring and is always nervous and awkward in promos because he's pretty new to it all.
So, pretty much Roman Reigns? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back