Roast Goalkicking accuracy

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is fitness issue and that is really worrying.

Also we need to change our training schedule to include goal kicking and maybe hire a coach
i dont think there is a fitness issue at all tbh, we ran out of legs vs west coast and 30 degree heat and it was 26 under the roof in rd one when we apparently had limited interchanges, we ran out games fine last year aswell

I don't like those on here who say "if we had kicked straight we would've thrashed the Lions". This issue isn't a once off, we've generally been poor in front of goal for a while now and it's not an issue that can just be brushed aside because one day this issue will cost us a final.

It should be something that is taken really seriously - we can't just brush it off and assume the wheel will turn and/or the players will just naturally improve. We should be relieved we weren't up against a GWS or an Adelaide on the weekend otherwise the result would've been very different.
It's part of a small but growing body of evidence that we potentially don't have a mentally strong team at the moment.

We are deceptively young so hopefully that will change.

If it doesn't then in the future it may be a massive issue in the big games.

Back at it again this week with 9.15. Billings the main culprit in an otherwise stellar performance.

Don't think anyone can claim this is something that will just 'even out' anymore we've clearly got some issues. We got away with it again this week but we won't against good teams.

SOS Plugger

Time to steal him back from the Swans and feed him some battered pies and hot dogs from Massive Merv so he can teach us how to kick from set shots.

Just look at the great man's goal kicking technique here, the concentration with the head over the ball and the follow through.

There is a good reason I named myself after him, he's the greatest player to pull on a Saints jumper apart from Jarryn Geary of course.

I think we actually have a lot of bad set shots for goal, especially among our midfielders. Players like Billings, Dunstan, Steele etc. all seem to have gone at worse than 50% accuracy consistently. Even Armitage and Steven aren't great set shots.

Add to that that a few of our forwards seem to have had the yips over the early part of the season and I think that explains our bad accuracy. I expect the forwards to turn it around, but I'm not sure the midfielders will.

And if a butterfly beats its wings in Kyabram.......

I think you're applying chaos theory a bit too intensely on this.

It is reasonable to suppose that until we were so far ahead that we changed our tactics (or they changed theirs) that the flow of the game that allowed us to have more shots in the first place would continue. At what point when we were ahead this would happen I don't know however because we missed shots we didn't get to that stage.

Huh???
I'll say it again
If we kick one of those early points as a goal it all changes
We could've kicked another ten goal or another ten points
We could've kicked bugger all else too.

We change one action and everything after it will change
Its not very hard to understand

Yet we say gee if we wouldve kicked all those points as goals we wouldve s**t it in

Doesn't take Einstein to work out if there's more in the goals column than points column you've kicked more goals but doesn't equate to a win

/end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back