Goddard - Mark of the Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Jurrah would win MOTY nearly any year. Goddard's though could be Mark of the Decade! Such a pity they happened in the same week.

I gave it to Goddard just because of the pace at which he hit the pack and ball. It is difficult enough to take a mark at that pace on the ground let alone intercept the ball 11 feet in the air.

The leaps were about the same, Goddard took the ball at full stretch whilst Jurrah took it slightly on the way down.

I though Jurrah's was pretty awesome. Guys like him make the normal look brilliant just for the way they go about it. Goddard's was probably a trickier mark and he probably got up higherand all that but it just didn't look as EXCITING as the Jurrrrraaaaahcaaaannneee!!!!! This is the same reason why Cyril Rioli makes the old get the ball and baulk someone before kicking it 20m look so good when it's actually a pretty plain move.

I voted Goddard. Maybe because I was at that game I was a little biased, but it was the best mark I have seen live since Shaun Smith's speccie at the GABBA:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good decision i think.

Loved how Goddards looked, hit it at pace, jumped from a fair way back and just floated in, seemed to be in mid air for ages.

Every other entant will look second rate this year, jurrah's would have given some competition but the Mark of the year was decided with the weekly vote which is a pity

Jurrah will win the nominated from the editor's choice. They pick a few each year that weren't voted in.

Goddard's was better though, even if we should just as well cut the car in half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back