News Gold Coast Suns clash jumper competition - Option A (gradient chevrons) wins

Remove this Banner Ad

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
VOTING OPEN!
http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-10-15/vote-for-our-2016-clash-guernsey

Vote for our Mero (option #3)
clash_620x370.jpg

I dunno if this has been posted yet

clash_620x370.jpg

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-09-23/design-our-2016-clash-guernsey

Calling all Gold Coast SUNS supporters! We need your help designing our 2016 clash guernsey.

We all know how important a guernsey is to the team, so we would like your input on how we go into battle next season.

The club has come up with two designs, but we need more. We are searching for two more designs from our supporters.

Then, the top four guernsey designs will be voted upon by our supporters to select our 2016 clash guernsey.

There will be prizes awarded to the two selected designs and the winning designers will be presented with the guernsey they create.

How to enter
1. Click here to download the BLK design template
2. Colour it in and work your magic!
3. Submit your finished entry (along with your name and contact details) before 12pm, Friday October 2 either via email to digital@goldcoastfc.com.au, in person at the GC SUNS Shop during business hours or post to:

2016 Clash Guernsey Design
PO Box 4952
Gold Coast MC QLD 9726

Terms and Conditions
- Design cannot clash with any other team's home guernsey, in particular the Adelaide Crows, Brisbane Lions, GWS Giants, Hawthorn, and Sydney Swans.
- The design must be predominantly a light colour ie white or grey.
- The GC logo will remain on the front of the guernsey.
- There must be a clear space for sponsors and playing numbers.
- All designs are subject to final approval by the AFL and the winning artwork will be assigned to the AFL to own and use.
- All entries become the property of the AFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Both guernseys in the OP would be heaps better without the gc badge in the middle.

On another note, how did BLK get their guernsey to be whiter than the shorts?

Normally they're the other way around like Adelaides dull white clash and bright white shorts, Richmonds black shorts against the greyish 'black'

404393.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both guernseys in the OP would be heaps better without the gc badge in the middle.

On another note, how did BLK get their guernsey to be whiter than the shorts?

Normally they're the other way around like Adelaides dull white clash and bright white shorts, Richmonds black shorts against the greyish 'black'

404393.jpg
Lighting for the Suns picture and I there's a hint of grey/silver towards the bottom of the Crows jumper. The top of it is about as white as the shorts.

i like the one touk is wearing
Same actually. Well the idea is good. Add a few extra hoops and of course taking away the logo would be preferable and really help it out. But white, yellow, and sky blue screams Gold Coast the place far more than any other strip they've had. It's a light look, kinda summery, and goes with all those other GC sports teams.

Saying that the one on the left is sah bad. Looks like a Super League rugby top or something. Barry Crocker.

Also, we have some good designers and people who can use them on professional looking templates and programs... can someone on this board sell their soul and actually get theirs produced? The fluke of a really cool, outdated logo-using, board-designed Saints jumper is still bizarre and cool but very unlikely to happen again. I want someone to chuck swirls and gradients and all sorts of faux pas into a design just so another hole can go in the belt. Or another notch on the bed post. Probably not the bed post. Jumpers aren't girls.

I actually rather like that V design. Wonder if a rebranding around that idea could work for all their kits.
I don't have the skills to do it, but I wouldn't mind seeing a suns mock up, home, away clash, which is based on stripes like Collingwood/hawks/north

so home would be red, with yellow stripes.
away would be yellow with red stripes.
and clash would be blue, with two red stripes and one yellow stripe (or something like that)

be good to have a traditional strip, with existing colours however.

an alternative would be horizontal stripes, so like geelong/Adelaide, but same ideas as for my verticals.

if someone does me up some I will email the club and credit the designer! plus add them to the suns board again with credits.

I still think the perfect look for the Suns is to have the bursts coming out of the top of the central logo (seeing as they are insistent on keeping it). You could mix and match a number of combos from that that would look awesome, and I know some people on here have done some mock ups using that concept.

I want someone to chuck swirls and gradients and all sorts of faux pas into a design just so another hole can go in the belt.
I reckon it would be pretty funny if we could come up with the most obnoxious design we could and just see if it makes it. Although we probably should enter actual designs we want to see...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back