Good Players make good decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman said:
Thankyou to all of those people who welcomed me back.

Sorry Stiffy i did not reply earlier, but I have been very busy of late.

My opinion of Mattner and Doughty has not changed. The train has just been a little dis-railed because of Doughty's injury.

Mattner does make some shocking clangers, but he does have some redeeming features - his pace and accerleration, his long, accurate and penetrating kicking and his height. We just need to get 50 games under his belt before we can more critical of his poor decision making.

The first time I saw Doughty at the G , in his first game I think he looked completely out of place, but the selectors obviously knew a lot more than me. He has taken time to adapt to the pace and rigour of AFL, but in recent years he has impressed me more and more with his use of the ball. His handball has often resulted in movment occuring off half back, critical in any teams success. We need more run through these lines. Yes he has shown some softness at times and occasionally under pressure he coughs up the ball, but these occasions are becoming less and less as his experience grows. Personally, I would play him in the back pocket, where he is looking down the field - I think his vision is pretty good. Once again although he is not young he needs to play more games before we can make a call on his long term future. This year will be critical for him, but I would suggest he is well respected at Crowland. Cerainly Carey was very effusive in his praise of him the other day.

Welcome back bigman - I agree with every word you have written - well thought out and expressed ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back