Discussion Grand Final Matchups 2023 - What will your team wear?

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we're (Port) not making the grand final then:(
None of the teams posted as home teams so far could be the home team against us since the higher ranked team is the “home team”

I'd be keen to see the Lions where a proper monogram Fitzroy kit if we were the away team at the MCG
Personally, it has to be the 1944 version.
Fitzroy-Uniform1940.png

The last successful guernsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at week 1, ideally Melbourne would wear the lighter blue jumper and maybe blue shorts - why add white to their uniform?
carl v swans good on eye
saints v GWS - should be ok, again shame to introduce white shorts when white is a saints colour
brisbane v port - port in grey?

looking at weeks 2-4, potential crap visually would be any match up where carlton away to collingwood because big 4 (but if carlton happens to be away to saints or melb not big 4 or port (not victorian) they will wear white right? right?

Looking at week 1, ideally Melbourne would wear the lighter blue jumper and maybe blue shorts - why add white to their uniform?
carl v swans good on eye
saints v GWS - should be ok, again shame to introduce white shorts when white is a saints colour

looking at weeks 2-4, potential crap visually would be any match up where carlton away to collingwood because big 4 (but if carlton happens to be away to saints or melb not big 4 or port (not victorian) they will wear white right? right?
Do the Dees even have medium blue shorts?

carl v swans good on eye

Port don’t have a grey clash this year. Will either be black with white shorts or all white.

In our last Grand Final we wore our away strip. We asked Collingwood if they would swap or allow us to wear our home one for the replay, and they said no.
Only because of Eddie.

Originally there was a coin toss to decide and you guys won, but that wasn't good enough and Eddie started digging though rulebooks.

My personal preferences. Implements the finals uniform procedure used by the AFL in past decades, considers Melbourne-based Bloods, and removes white from being unnecessarily introduced. Of course, in an ideal world the Dees would have lighter blue shorts. I don't believe Port needs to wear their clash jumper, but provided they're the away side, the AFL should err on the side of optimal contrast here. Media assets from footyjumpers.com

Collingwood-Uniform2019W.png
Melbourne-Uniform2023.png

Carlton-Uniform2023.png
Sydney-Uniform2023CR.png

StKilda-Uniform2023W.png
GWS-Uniform2023.png

Brisbane-Uniform2023.png
Port-Adelaide-Uniform2023C.png

My personal preferences. Implements the finals uniform procedure used by the AFL in past decades, considers Melbourne-based Bloods, and removes white from being unnecessarily introduced. Of course, in an ideal world the Dees would have lighter blue shorts. I don't believe Port needs to wear their clash jumper, but provided they're the away side, the AFL should err on the side of optimal contrast here. Media assets from footyjumpers.com

Collingwood-Uniform2019W.png
Melbourne-Uniform2023.png

Carlton-Uniform2023.png
Sydney-Uniform2023CR.png

StKilda-Uniform2023W.png
GWS-Uniform2023.png

Brisbane-Uniform2023.png
Port-Adelaide-Uniform2023C.png
True! The League used to not care who wore white shorts in Finals to allow for Home jumpers to be used.
I wouldnt mine that Pies v Dees match up.
Swans will wear the Home. Their thinking is- Finals, big audience, club on full display, we're Sydney first and foremost, Home jumper it is. eg/ QF 2022 away v Dees
Port has worn their Home @ Gabba on and off in Night games. Its a coin toss really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back