Big Nasty

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2006
Gippsland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cats VFL
hardly anyone goes on the wrestling board so i want votes, thanx.
dont critise me for putting this on this here board, when other people have been putting non afl topics on.

StoneColdFinger.jpg

What?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrestling pretends to be an authentic competition, movies never pretend to be anything other than fiction, it's the job of movies to place us in a fictional world, I like my sport to be real thanks.

AFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wrestling.

Wrestling pretends to be an authentic competition, movies never pretend to be anything other than fiction, it's the job of movies to place us in a fictional world, I like my sport to be real thanks.

AFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wrestling.

I don't understand why people continually bag wwe for 'pretending to be real.' I mean it's called World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT. At the beginning of every wrestling dvd it starts off with "even though this is entertainment, the hazards are real...blah blah." So i don't buy into the whole pretending to be authentic argument because anyone with a bit of sense will realise the stories aren't genuine.

Personally i view wwe as kind of like a soapie where the characters periodically stop to beat each other up and for the record I am a wwe fan and enjoy watching it. As for comparing afl with wrestling, the two aren't even on the same spectrum as far as i'm concerned, might as well compare AFL with Knitting contests.

Whoever voted for HHH, Stone Cold and The Rock, how long have you been watching wrestling for? Puhhhlease these guys are nothing

Where's Sting, where's Kevin Nash, Steiner Bros, big Andre, Ultimate Warrior (although he really didn't do much other than beat Hogan) and Brett Hart?

Hogan is easily the greatest out of that list, his win over Andre The Giant @ Wrestlemania III is one of the top matches and his popularity is unrivaled. He's also maintained that popularity for 20+ years, watch his match against The Rock @ Skydome 2001 no one cares for the Rock its all Hogan

WHAT CHA GONNA DO BROTHER, WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Along with the Immortal the original Giant, Andre, is the best :thumbsu:

Whoever voted for HHH, Stone Cold and The Rock, how long have you been watching wrestling for? Puhhhlease these guys are nothing

Where's Sting, where's Kevin Nash, Steiner Bros, big Andre, Ultimate Warrior (although he really didn't do much other than beat Hogan) and Brett Hart?

You're writing off HHH, Stone Cold and The Rock because they weren't old school, yet think Nash is worthy of being on this list?

Have to give props to Hogan who helped take wrestling into mainstream and was the centrepiece of early Wrestlemanias....

For pure entertainment I was a big fan of The Rock / Mick Foley period.

And for the record, wrestling does NOT even pretend to pass itself off as a serious 'sport' these days. The days of maintaining that is was legit pretty much went out in the early - mid 90's when the internet started to lead to more savvy fans.

pfft goldberg easily. .. was he even wwf?

doesn't matter he was the best ever.

Very briefly, but enough time to win the title

Also the man who beat Brock Lesnar in both guys last match in the WWE

You're writing off HHH, Stone Cold and The Rock because they weren't old school, yet think Nash is worthy of being on this list?

Have to give props to Hogan who helped take wrestling into mainstream and was the centrepiece of early Wrestlemanias....

For pure entertainment I was a big fan of The Rock / Mick Foley period.

And for the record, wrestling does NOT even pretend to pass itself off as a serious 'sport' these days. The days of maintaining that is was legit pretty much went out in the early - mid 90's when the internet started to lead to more savvy fans.

You don't think Nash is worthy of being in that list? Let me guess, you started to watch wrestling years after the WCW collapsed and the WWF turned into WWE which is pathetic (and to those of you who think wrestlers like Cena and Batista are comparable to some of the stars on this list you just don't know wrestling)

For the record - Nash, Hogan and Hall made WCW from a nothing organisation to something that challenged and even surpassed the WWF for a number of years and in the process were part of the greatest stable in wrestling (nWo)

Wrestlers like The Rock and Stone Cold were extremely popular for a short period of years, they have since gone into the wilderness and thats why I don't give them credit over wrestlers like Sting, Nash, Hogan, Roddy Piper, Shawn Michaels, Brett Hart etc who have stood the test of time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back