Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me ! "Don't want to know if you are lonely" from Candy Apple Grey is one of my all time favourite songs.

Yeah, its a ripper from a great album.

I really like some of the songs off Zen Arcade.

Turn on the News - is that song a prophecy or what?

Classic album - it saw Husker Du move from their hardcore roots to sowing the seeds for much of what would come in the alternative rock genre.

Rumours of a husker Du reunion have been floating around recently. I'd go see them if they toured.

Yeah me too.

I'm going to see Stiff Little Fingers in April. I'm hoping that's good.

Am I the ONLY one who doesn't throw empty cans & stubs into the recycling bin at all hours?????

Well my old man doesn't recycle anything so going by that he's definitely another who doesn't.............at any time!

Being a nightowl I often find myself dumping bottles and other crap in our bin, or in a neighbour's who lives on her own and barely needs a bin of any type at all, but I always do so by stealth. The party palace diagonally across from us, which is rented by a family with three teenaged boys, tends to tip a box of empty stubbies into their bin whenever TF they feel like it, and it does my head in as they do so with the same volume of the function rooms dumping their bottles at the MCG without a care in the world. Bastards!

She was hot back then by the looks of it
This is a Grumpy Old ^ in case you want to know, NZ'd stile....

2_gmbmfz.jpg
have you seen the full story to this Gaso ?..what an absolute wank$r of a neighbour !..that fence is actually a "kids fort" that the neighbour built right on the boundary to block this guys million dollar views of wellington harbour
went to the high court who've now told the neighbour he's a wan%er and he's been ordered to take it down
Great example of a rich twat that thinks he can do what he wants

One of the funnier moments when Martin and Molloy were on radio; one of them was allegedly at Titanic with a lot of couples where the bloke was obviously dragged there by the lady to a "chick flick". A lot of restlessness during the lengthy first part of the movie. About two hours in one bloke yells out " JUST SINK THE BASTARD !!!"

I got dragged to the English Patient by a female friend. We were double dating with another couple. Anyway both males promptly fell asleep an hour in..and missed most of it.
In the dog box big time but at least I got some sleep

That is one painfully boring movie !

have you seen the full story to this Gaso ?..what an absolute wank$r of a neighbour !..that fence is actually a "kids fort" that the neighbour built right on the boundary to block this guys million dollar views of wellington harbour
went to the high court who've now told the neighbour he's a wan%er and he's been ordered to take it down
Great example of a rich twat that thinks he can do what he wants

Yeh the article goes through the whole farce.

Good to see there are arseholes on both sides of the ditch!

I got dragged to the English Patient by a female friend. We were double dating with another couple. Anyway both males promptly fell asleep an hour in..and missed most of it.
In the dog box big time but at least I got some sleep

That is one painfully boring movie !

Liked the English Patient.

Go back and try again.

Actually I love those sweeping historical sagas...David Lean....'Dr Zhiivago'.

The English Patient was really long but I thought it was OK. Kirsten Scott Thomas was at her very yummiest.

Liked the English Patient.

Go back and try again.

Actually I love those sweeping historical sagas...David Lean....'Dr Zhiivago'.

I hope you're not including Colin Farrells Alexander in that Gaso !....
Normally I like Colin Farrell..but not while becoming blond and completely ruining one of the great stories of the ages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. At our old family place everything went in the incinerator apart from leaves, which were burnt in the gutter out in the street. Remember those days? If you tried that now you'd make news headlines. Back then everyone did it.

Well my old man doesn't recycle anything so going by that he's definitely another who doesn't.............at any time!

Being a nightowl I often find myself dumping bottles and other crap in our bin, or in a neighbour's who lives on her own and barely needs a bin of any type at all, but I always do so by stealth. The party palace diagonally across from us, which is rented by a family with three teenaged boys, tends to tip a box of empty stubbies into their bin whenever TF they feel like it, and it does my head in as they do so with the same volume of the function rooms dumping their bottles at the MCG without a care in the world. Bastards!

...well was he like my old man that had a 44 gallon drum and burnt everything?

Including plastic bags?

Exactly. At our old family place everything went in the incinerator apart from leaves, which were burnt in the gutter out in the street. Remember those days? If you tried that now you'd make news headlines. Back then everyone did it.

Mum was especially happy when he lit it up......with washing on the line......

I hope you're not including Colin Farrells Alexander in that Gaso !....
Normally I like Colin Farrell..but not while becoming blond and completely ruining one of the great stories of the ages

Shindler's List
Apocalypse Now
The Deer Hunter
Bird Song (made for TV with a young Eddie R)

So on MKR there is a Cougar 50 something and her bloke who is 26 years.

There is 24 years difference....so if I was to do a hypothetical...

HYPOTHETICAL

So when I add 24 years to my current 47 years of age...

Me 47 years
She 71 years

ANSWER

That is a revolting thought even thinking of me as a Grumpy Old at the moment.

30 years ago today since the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.

Alongside 9/11 and Diana as the most unexpected news events in my time.

I never got (and probably never will) the Diana fascination... I guess it did create an important opening in Woman's Day for the Hewitt clan to be written about endlessly - surely a wonderful tribute.

Challenger was heartbreaking, there is a great series on the history of space exploration (primarily from a NASA point of view) that is full of some very interesting stuff and a few dust in the eye moments. I think called the Space Age - well worth a look. For mine those people are just about the best role models going around for young kids (and big ones to be honest). They have to be smart, tough, brave as all *, study their arses off, be willing to lead and be lead by others. Every time I see a story about some dickhead athlete behaving like an idiot while getting paid 1000 times a year what any of these people ever will I honestly think the human race is self sabotaging to the extreme.

So on MKR there is a Cougar 50 something and her bloke who is 26 years.

There is 24 years difference....so if I was to do a hypothetical...

HYPOTHETICAL

So when I add 24 years to my current 47 years of age...

Me 47 years
She 71 years

ANSWER

That is a revolting thought even thinking of me as a Grumpy Old at the moment.

True love and all that. Or more cynically, look on the bright side. You'll be young enough in your late fifties to enjoy (most likely) being on the singles scene...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back