Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
i cant say im in love with our current Guernsey design. next season is an opportunity to get it right. it would also be an opportunity to make us all buy a new Guernsey..

as our emblem is the sun, and in advertising (and emails) we spruik the 'suns rising', how about we have a rising sun dominating the front of our Guernsey? the current emblem on the front is a pretty sad looking sun.

as next year we will REALLY be rising as a team in the competition, how about our guernsey reflects it?

anyone have any design ideas? or are you all happy with the current strip?

i cant say im in love with our current Guernsey design. next season is an opportunity to get it right. it would also be an opportunity to make us all buy a new Guernsey..

as our emblem is the sun, and in advertising (and emails) we spruik the 'suns rising', how about we have a rising sun dominating the front of our Guernsey? the current emblem on the front is a pretty sad looking sun.

as next year we will REALLY be rising as a team in the competition, how about our guernsey reflects it?

anyone have any design ideas? or are you all happy with the current strip?

Pretty sure it's contract based with the "supplier"

we currently have it with 2XU. But our first 2 years was with Reebok wasn't it?

• Banned
Pretty sure it's contract based with the "supplier"

we currently have it with 2XU. But our first 2 years was with Reebok wasn't it?

i dont know mate. but i doubt reebok or whoever would mind changing the ink, as long as they supply the guernsey?

I love your current basic guernsey design (bright red, with the yellow side-stripe), but that horrible 'GC' logo has to go. It looks like it was designed in MS Publsher. A proper logo/crest featuring a sun motif or a more traditional logo incorporating the letters GFC would be awesome.

The basic design of our home guernsey will not be going anywhere. Probably ever. If our logo changes, so will the logo in our guernsey but that's about it. But it will always be based on a simple logo on the guernsey with the red front and back and yellow side panels.

Some of the new teams (See Freo and Port) have tried to come in with guernseys that just do too much. Both have now settled for much more traditional designs and the fans couldn't be happier. That is what I like about our jumpers. They are bold and vibrant, original yet still very simple and relatively timeless.

In a few years time (As early as next season perhaps?) we will lose the away guernsey full stop, and just use our home and clash.

• Banned
Love the guernsey hate the logo.

actually, i agree. the basic guernsey could stay, but the logo needs looking at. the sun in the middle front just dont cut it. GFC based on the carlton design could also be incorporated somewhere either on the sun or over the heart..?

A simple yet effective design by workhorse

EditedWH.png

yeah i think its the logo that brings everything about our guernsey down.
i think if we went with a sash or a v we would be like every other club.
i think this is where gws has trumped us.
better designed logo, better song
if we can get our logo right the rest will follow.

liking the designs in this thread, especially the first 2. dunno what the "traditionals" would think of a "franchise" using the 'v' though haha.

the logo needs to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essee Cross's idea is not perfect, but has some decent ideas. Love the back of the jumper

35hjko6.png

:S I made that quite a while ago, not my best work. But I'd be more than happy to mock up any design ideas you may have.

Really, genuinely would hate for us to have a V as well. Overdone IMO.

I actually really like the current jumper. If we were to change it though, would love to see a version of this in red and gold:
image.jpg

I love your current basic guernsey design (bright red, with the yellow side-stripe), but that horrible 'GC' logo has to go. It looks like it was designed in MS Publsher. A proper logo/crest featuring a sun motif or a more traditional logo incorporating the letters GFC would be awesome.

^^^^ this

:S I made that quite a while ago, not my best work. But I'd be more than happy to mock up any design ideas you may have.

Essee Cross how about the full red without the Logo, a yellow collar like on the away guernsey from last year and on the short sleeve edges. Basic. Could also add a GCFC to the front in a Carlton type overlay if it needed something else to break up the red.

Marlowe has got it pretty close to right IMO

L7bM2.png

ZSx3f.png

Not a fan of the V, as I always relate that to Victorian clubs, what if we just straightened it out across the same area as horizontal lines. Same depth, just straight across Marlowe are you up for it?

Not a fan of the V, as I always relate that to Victorian clubs, what if we just straightened it out across the same area as horizontal lines. Same depth, just straight across Marlowe are you up for it?

I'll get on it in a minute. :cool:
Edit: done (memory issues on my laptop prevent me from using an updated template at the moment)
http://imgur.com/a/faEb7

Although I will add two things. 1) apart from the Dees, the only teams wearing 'vee necks' are Port, Freo and Sydney. So, not exactly a Vic thing any more. ;)
And 2), I actually really like what the Suns are wearing now. I designed these some time late last year which reflect that.
http://imgur.com/a/OJzYG

Edit: done (memory issues on my laptop prevent me from using an updated template at the moment)

Although I will add two things. 1) apart from the Dees, the only teams wearing 'vee necks' are Port, Freo and Sydney. So, not exactly a Vic thing any more. ;)
And 2), I actually really like what the Suns are wearing now. I designed these some time late last year which reflect that.
http://imgur.com/a/OJzYG

I really like that, nice simple design.

Looks very Bulldogs like imo. I actually like the logo on the front of our current guernsey. We're not a traditional club so we shouldnt really have a traditional guernsey. While Port and Freo eventually got more traditional designs both clubs had roots in the WAFL and SANFL, Freo's new jumper for instance is based on an old South Fremantle design.

But I'm of the belief that 3 guernseys for any club is excessive. Every club should just have one 'dark' jumper and one 'light' jumper. For the Suns get rid of the away one with the wave, and use the clash jumper as our away jumper. On the few occasions our white jumper clashes with the home team, like Geelong or North, we just wear our home jumper.

Looks very Bulldogs like imo. I actually like the logo on the front of our current guernsey. We're not a traditional club so we shouldnt really have a traditional guernsey. While Port and Freo eventually got more traditional designs both clubs had roots in the WAFL and SANFL, Freo's new jumper for instance is based on an old South Fremantle design.

But I'm of the belief that 3 guernseys for any club is excessive. Every club should just have one 'dark' jumper and one 'light' jumper. For the Suns get rid of the away one with the wave, and use the clash jumper as our away jumper. On the few occasions our white jumper clashes with the home team, like Geelong or North, we just wear our home jumper.

I think you will find it will be the other way around. We will ditch the red wave (away) jumper totally. We will then use our HOME for all games, except where our home will clash in which case we will use our white clash

I think you will find it will be the other way around. We will ditch the red wave (away) jumper totally. We will then use our HOME for all games, except where our home will clash in which case we will use our white clash

Fair enough. I know other clubs only wear the clash guernsey when they absolutely have to, but I really like the look of the Suns clash guernsey and would like to see it worn more often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back