Guerra

Remove this Banner Ad

stevo10

Senior List
Apr 18, 2001
If he has been delisted, we don't have to trade to get him. We'll just draft him in which ever draft he nominates for.

The problem being that all the clubs before us would get to pick him first. Also he hasn't been delisted, still under contract, he has asked to be traded back to Victoria.

R:E

If Shane Harvey joins the roos i don't think we would go after him, i would rather Guerra but i think in Boomers contract it might have something about getting his brother to North.

Originally posted by stevo10
If he has been delisted, we don't have to trade to get him. We'll just draft him in which ever draft he nominates for.

checked out the player movements in the age and it seems official he has been delisted. so dont bother working out the trade, we can draft him, hope we snatch him first though.

What do delisted players contracts compile? may he have a requested amount? minimal or what?

Re: Re: Guerra

Originally posted by benno87
checked out the player movements in the age and it seems official he has been delisted. so dont bother working out the trade, we can draft him, hope we snatch him first though.

What do delisted players contracts compile? may he have a requested amount? minimal or what?

My understanding was he's been told he wont be at the club next year, but he hasn't been officially cut from the list. Although I could be way off base.

Re: Re: Re: Guerra

Originally posted by acg_204*
My understanding was he's been told he wont be at the club next year, but he hasn't been officially cut from the list. Although I could be way off base.

From Herald Sun article:

Brent Guerra - delisted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guerra

Originally posted by acg_204*
Interesting...well the Power staff are idiots, they should know they'd beable to get something for him.

Perhaps they shopped him around and found that nobody was willing to part with anything earlier than a 4th round pick or an unwanted fringe player.

I know Guerra is rated by many on BigFooty, especially the Port fans, but it's hard to imagine that they wouldn't hold onto a player if they knew they could get something of value for him. Some of us Roos fans would be willing to give away our 2nd round draft pick for him, but the Roos football department may have that pick earmarked for someone else.

Re: Re: Guerra

Originally posted by benno87

All this means is that the player will not be on Port's list next season. Port have already announced that they will be TRADING those that they have delisted, or if a deal can not be struck, only then will they go into the draft. Port will no doubt TRADE most of them because atleast 1 club will want them and Port will take anything.

Re: Re: Re: Guerra

Originally posted by Hosko
All this means is that the player will not be on Port's list next season. Port have already announced that they will be TRADING those that they have delisted, or if a deal can not be struck, only then will they go into the draft. Port will no doubt TRADE most of them because atleast 1 club will want them and Port will take anything.

well damnit they should put 'Trading' on their not delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: R;E

Originally posted by TheNextBigThing
I would rather put Aaron Davie onto our list.

Ed Sansbury from Centrals is another one, 19 years old, runs like the wind, is tougher than Davey and just kicked 5 in the GF

Re: Re: R;E

Originally posted by Petrie Dish
Ed Sansbury from Centrals is another one, 19 years old, runs like the wind, is tougher than Davey and just kicked 5 in the GF

He played a great game. Everyone is touting Cooney as the next big thing and the two went head to head for a quarter and Sansbury absolutely cut him up.

Originally posted by COOL-A-ROO
So how did Guerra go???

:confused:

18 touches 5 marks, a goal and a tackle. Goal was a ripper but he didn't have a huge impact on the game.

i only saw a half. he looked alright without starring. nice left foot, vision and not too bad handball skills. didn't look good in the air.... i understand he is around archer/king height but doesn't really command much respect in the air. seemed at his best when getting the loose ball in the backhalf and then distributing with foot. can't really judge how good he is just on that small amount of time.

however, there were certainly a lot of pretty good players on display. many stood out more then the guru. having said that, cooney who is apparently going to be the first pick in the draft didn't do a great deal either and was probably beaten by this really skinny guy.

i hope our recruiting staff is checking out the game. there was one guy, the full back for the doggies... i think his name civanilla (?) who looked like a good prospect.

another thing, the doggies had this guy by the name of richard cochrane.... who like very much like stue, including a very odd haircut!! perhaps a younger brother. he was mainly a bench player. whenever, he came on he looked like doing something good. very quick and looked more skilled than our cochrane. anyway someone to keep an eye out for.

Originally posted by magoo
i only saw a half. he looked alright without starring. nice left foot, vision and not too bad handball skills. didn't look good in the air.... i understand he is around archer/king height but doesn't really command much respect in the air. seemed at his best when getting the loose ball in the backhalf and then distributing with foot. can't really judge how good he is just on that small amount of time.

however, there were certainly a lot of pretty good players on display. many stood out more then the guru. having said that, cooney who is apparently going to be the first pick in the draft didn't do a great deal either and was probably beaten by this really skinny guy.

i hope our recruiting staff is checking out the game. there was one guy, the full back for the doggies... i think his name civanilla (?) who looked like a good prospect.

another thing, the doggies had this guy by the name of richard cochrane.... who like very much like stue, including a very odd haircut!! perhaps a younger brother. he was mainly a bench player. whenever, he came on he looked like doing something good. very quick and looked more skilled than our cochrane. anyway someone to keep an eye out for.

cooney looked much better in the 2nd half when he kicked a couple of ripper goals - Rehn moved him around a fair bit and didn't let him settle. Then again, he's only 17.
Paul Thomas is another Centrals defenders who many have as a draft smokey - tall, quick and rebounds out of defence beautifully, which got him into the SANFL team of the year. Ed Sansbury is an aboriginal forward in the mould of Davey but tougher, he kicked 5 and played a blinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back