Hampden Football League Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of curiosity has their ever been discussion about the possible move of a successful District league club joining Hampden.

Not really. The minnows are happy to swim around prentending to be big fish of the little pond.
3 major league clubs is enough for the town of W'bool as w'bool and Souths are battling for numbers in the reserves. Then u got Port Fairy and Koroit that are grabbing players from the town of W'bool, and they struggle with numbers in the reserves 2. Half of the Koroit players are from W'bool and most of their netballers are 2.

It would add a huge amount of excitement if one day it happened. I only see it as a good thing for Hampden and wouldn't effort WD league to much. Always good to know though in case. In 20 years I don't see Hamilton in the league.

3 major league clubs is enough for the town of W'bool as w'bool and Souths are battling for numbers in the reserves. Then u got Port Fairy and Koroit that are grabbing players from the town of W'bool, and they struggle with numbers in the reserves 2. Half of the Koroit players are from W'bool and most of their netballers are 2.

I think in the near future the twos comp will become a 16 a side comp in Hampden league and may even slide to be the first game played and the 18's the second game played as a curtain raiser. It may make it hard for some blokes who work until lunch times Saturday but it also make it easier to get extras if they can be finished by lunch time and time with the family for the arvo. There is of course many ideas on what to do with the comp and dwindling numbers amongst reserves but I don't really have the answers just some ideas.

Any news prior to christmas to report for hampden followers? Who is crossing clubs? Who is training with who? Who are the new recruits?

Trying to keep updated.

Any news prior to christmas to report for hampden followers? Who is crossing clubs? Who is training with who? Who are the new recruits?

Trying to keep updated.
Seen in the standard that Warrnambools Sam Wilson has returned to Russell's Creek.

Merry Christmas to all u local footy fans. HampdenMAD was in great form again this year with all the footy news. All the players today will be celebrating Christmas and enjoying the break from training. Footy is probably last thing on our minds at the moment. Stay stafe everyone!

I think in the near future the twos comp will become a 16 a side comp in Hampden league and may even slide to be the first game played and the 18's the second game played as a curtain raiser. It may make it hard for some blokes who work until lunch times Saturday but it also make it easier to get extras if they can be finished by lunch time and time with the family for the arvo. There is of course many ideas on what to do with the comp and dwindling numbers amongst reserves but I don't really have the answers just some ideas.
It sounds really strange to think the two's in Hampden are ever short. I think people might just perceive Hampden being to strong and them not getting a game. So they go to a district side. It makes sense.

It sounds really strange to think the two's in Hampden are ever short. I think people might just perceive Hampden being to strong and them not getting a game. So they go to a district side. It makes sense.
They must make the reserves 16 a side and also lower the under 18.5 aged grade back to 18s. This will help the numbers. Problem is too many players either want to play seniors at senior level or at district senior level. Playing at reserves doesn't seem popular with those fringe players. The other big problem is the district clubs are giving big incentives to take those fringe players away from our comp. The reserves is a mickey mouse affair where u have young players that are too old for juniors playing with older guys/has beens that don't train. When i watch pre season training, I don't see more then 2 regular reserves players out there training on a regular basis. Have a happy new year everyone!

Last edited:
I no for a fact north warrnambool have at least 10 or 12 reserves training on a regular basis, and it was really good to see them get a reward this year. I agree that why play Hampton reserves when you can go to district and get acouple of hundred bucks a game to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any big signings for Terang-Mortlake? How are they fairing this year?
Pretty quiet at Terang by the sounds of it and might of lost some. They lost their coach but left with their Sergeant to hold the fort. Sure couple of his Lieutenants will be able to assist pretty well for the battle. The rest of the Terang army will just have to step up.

Pretty quiet at Terang by the sounds of it and might of lost some. They lost their coach but left with their Sergeant to hold the fort. Sure couple of his Lieutenants will be able to assist pretty well for the battle. The rest of the Terang army will just have to step up.

Hopefully some players from Mortlake come through for the club. Thanks for the info though.

Camperdown will naturally improve with the games they have put into juniors the last few years (similar to Cobden ).

A couple of players to note:
Daniel Seehusen - overseas working but now likely to be back for 4-5 games
Can Spence - preseason with werribee - will nominate Camperdown as home club if makes the list
Jack Hickey - moved to Hamilton for work - undecided yet on playing future at this stage

In:
Tim McKenzie - 6'3 on baller - interleague player with Finley - ex pie
Nick Robertson- CHB from Finley
Charlie fry - uni blues (son of Murray )
Liam Darcy - chf 6'5 played at Cdown as a junior and been in Melbourne
Jordan Bain returns from a reco
Marcus Hamilton- on baller / fwd - powerful player from nt - cousin of Cedric

Consistent numbers at training

Camperdown will naturally improve with the games they have put into juniors the last few years (similar to Cobden ).

A couple of players to note:
Daniel Seehusen - overseas working but now likely to be back for 4-5 games
Can Spence - preseason with werribee - will nominate Camperdown as home club if makes the list
Jack Hickey - moved to Hamilton for work - undecided yet on playing future at this stage

In:
Tim McKenzie - 6'3 on baller - interleague player with Finley - ex pie
Nick Robertson- CHB from Finley
Charlie fry - uni blues (son of Murray )
Liam Darcy - chf 6'5 played at Cdown as a junior and been in Melbourne
Jordan Bain returns from a reco
Marcus Hamilton- on baller / fwd - powerful player from nt - cousin of Cedric

Consistent numbers at training

Add another teenage talent from Hall's Creek next week to that list as well.

Surely some people have a few rumors or something? Port Fairy must be saving up there cash for one last spending spree before the season starts. Roosters crow where are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back