Hampden league season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree totally HM that Koroit shouldn't be handicapped - clubs should aspire to beat them on an equal footing. "A couple (??) have recently helped" - then you name 4 BUT did add a ETC. Does that cover the extras - are you sure there are no more?

Well over the years of flags there are a few, I meant couple figuratively speaking. Minimal outside influence in comparison to some clubs bringing in outside players that have big points.

Well over the years of flags there are a few, I meant couple figuratively speaking. Minimal outside influence in comparison to some clubs bringing in outside players that have big points.

Understand & True - but you can also throw in Will Couch, McPherson. It is the likes of Boxhead and that has hurt Terang Mortlake - they cannot afford to lose a player of that calibre. Anyhow agree about equal points and to some degree I am happy about the generous allowance ?? has at least stopped.

Read your replies with interest boys. Hampden Mad I am officially renaming you the SKIPPER- not because I agree with you but very balanced and insightful writing that keeps this interesting thread alive..well done to you!!

The main point of frustration I hear coming from Vic Park is the lack of clarity over the guidelines for making such a call. As a club they get why this decision might be made but as our president said, why was it 3 points? Why not 4 or 2? This process is simply too open for subjective calls by faceless commission members. There was no consultation whatsoever other than John Ross hinting that we would be getting docked 2 points...seems he is well down the chain himself re information.

What happens if Koroit slip back to the pack? Do they get the points back next year? What if they win again, do they lose a few more points? We suspect the governing bodies don’t know and it really does seems like policy on the run. I think we are all on record as wanting a strong comp but trying to make it "even" by handicapping one team seems misguided in my opinion.

Matty Stewart and Michael Sargent were pretty strong on Twitter too.

One bit of mail for you Skipper and boys...
Nephew reckons there is another one leaving Koroit... Toddy McLean back to Merrivale...apparently an offer he couldn't knock back $$ I hope they (Tigers) have their house in order as he has made enormous gains back at Koroit and proven once again to be a great player and bloke. I sincerely hope it works out for him but big hole down back for Saints to fill. Rated highly internally- one of the best field kicks in area.

I think docking Koroit 3 points is a disgrace. Punishing teams for being good and well managed. it's like Hawthorn after their 3 peat, reducing their salary cap. This won't effect Koroit because they won't use all their points next season. But it's the principle. Sporting comps in Australia are suppose to be even, not having a handicap system and punishing teams for winning fair and square. I find this very unaustralian penalising Koroit for winning flags. We all must write, email or inbox the League and AFL Western District about this. If another club in future win a couple flags within a couple years of each other, they might get penalised as well.

Read your replies with interest boys. Hampden Mad I am officially renaming you the SKIPPER- not because I agree with you but very balanced and insightful writing that keeps this interesting thread alive..well done to you!!

The main point of frustration I hear coming from Vic Park is the lack of clarity over the guidelines for making such a call. As a club they get why this decision might be made but as our president said, why was it 3 points? Why not 4 or 2? This process is simply too open for subjective calls by faceless commission members. There was no consultation whatsoever other than John Ross hinting that we would be getting docked 2 points...seems he is well down the chain himself re information.

What happens if Koroit slip back to the pack? Do they get the points back next year? What if they win again, do they lose a few more points? We suspect the governing bodies don’t know and it really does seems like policy on the run. I think we are all on record as wanting a strong comp but trying to make it "even" by handicapping one team seems misguided in my opinion.

Matty Stewart and Michael Sargent were pretty strong on Twitter too.

One bit of mail for you Skipper and boys...
Nephew reckons there is another one leaving Koroit... Toddy McLean back to Merrivale...apparently an offer he couldn't knock back $$ I hope they (Tigers) have their house in order as he has made enormous gains back at Koroit and proven once again to be a great player and bloke. I sincerely hope it works out for him but big hole down back for Saints to fill. Rated highly internally- one of the best field kicks in area.

Spot on about Todd, he’s back to the Tigers! Completely agree with you about the governing body and their extremely unclear guidelines around this area. Even the points offered extra to Port Fairy are unclear really. Demographic reasons, lack of employement opportunities and no high schools?? Hello Koroit and North Warrnambool. Just bizarre.
Skipper eh....haha thanks for the sentiment! Try to be as balanced as possible. Helps for conversation!
Also i see North has announced a couple of reserves players in Justin Wallace and Sam Curtis coming from Dennington. North would announce a new cleaner by Facebook post I reckon. Getting excited out there. Let’s hope their own hype doesn’t get the better of them.

Spot on about Todd, he’s back to the Tigers! Completely agree with you about the governing body and their extremely unclear guidelines around this area. Even the points offered extra to Port Fairy are unclear really. Demographic reasons, lack of employement opportunities and no high schools?? Hello Koroit and North Warrnambool. Just bizarre.
Skipper eh....haha thanks for the sentiment! Try to be as balanced as possible. Helps for conversation!
Also i see North has announced a couple of reserves players in Justin Wallace and Sam Curtis coming from Dennington. North would announce a new cleaner by Facebook post I reckon. Getting excited out there. Let’s hope their own hype doesn’t get the better of them.

North would announce a new cleaner by Facebook post I reckon.

That is the line of the year!

They will 100% get ahead of themselves.. It's November FFS... i reckon every club has a DNA and that habit is in their DNA in spades. I wonder if they (the players and assistants) know what is coming their way with Wiggsy coaching? LONG team meetings, late night calls about all and sundry...he'll make em better for sure but

I'd put money on one thing ..he will sack the tradition of wearing black slacks in an attempt to look professional.

North would announce a new cleaner by Facebook post I reckon.

That is the line of the year!

They will 100% get ahead of themselves.. It's November FFS... i reckon every club has a DNA and that habit is in their DNA in spades. I wonder if they (the players and assistants) know what is coming their way with Wiggsy coaching? LONG team meetings, late night calls about all and sundry...he'll make em better for sure but

I'd put money on one thing ..he will sack the tradition of wearing black slacks in an attempt to look professional.

Absolutely will ditch the black slacks! What’s the point of looking professional when you’re absolutely not. It’s weekend footy in Warrnambool! We aren’t the Her Majesty’s Royal Football League! Play like pros if you want to be known as pros!

His time with us at the Blues was exactly that! Squeezed every inch of talent for the team he had but it was wholly consuming for the team. Late trainings were regular and lots and lots and lots of feedback and meetings. He’s a bloody terrific coach and could well lead the Eagles to their first one, but I reckon a few will be run over on the way in amongst the group. Some noses put well out of joint and some selections that will surprise a few. Can’t wait to watch on.

Can confirm the black slacks are gone. Stuck my head in at north’s first training tonight. Afew new faces there including Wallace as mentioned. James wilsher another who may make the move.

Speaking of black slacks....One of the funniest stories i heard in the last few years was about a local coach whose wife rang the club asking why the hubby hadn't been paid ..not Hampden Club...(WDFNL) she was promptly told that wasn't the case and she should go and speak to her other half. She did and was told the cash was placed on the front passenger seat and it flew out the window of the car on the way back to warrnambool.
Bloody unlucky!:):)

Speaking of black slacks....One of the funniest stories i heard in the last few years was about a local coach whose wife rang the club asking why the hubby hadn't been paid ..not Hampden Club...(WDFNL) she was promptly told that wasn't the case and she should go and speak to her other half. She did and was told the cash was placed on the front passenger seat and it flew out the window of the car on the way back to warrnambool.

Geez did his missus actually fall for that one? Very creative.

I think I know the story! A big full forward that’s played high level.

Dion Johnstone has been spotted having coffee with North Warrnambool recruiter. Obviously the Eagles would be ultra keen to grab that signature!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think docking Koroit 3 points is a disgrace. Punishing teams for being good and well managed. it's like Hawthorn after their 3 peat, reducing their salary cap. This won't effect Koroit because they won't use all their points next season. But it's the principle. Sporting comps in Australia are suppose to be even, not having a handicap system and punishing teams for winning fair and square. I find this very unaustralian penalising Koroit for winning flags. We all must write, email or inbox the League and AFL Western District about this. If another club in future win a couple flags within a couple years of each other, they might get penalised as well.

beachboy ....have you seen todays Standard- letters to editor? If you- good letter! thx mate

beachboy ....have you seen todays Standard- letters to editor? If you- good letter! thx mate
i just saw that letter now. i didn't write it but this guy did write a good letter. I'm not that well educated nor do I have good grammer skills to write a good letter like that..lol

haaa classic Beachboy!! I asked around, the bloke is vice principal at Our ladys in Wbool..i did like his last line about when the conditions change....too much interference in all walks of life...rules, policies and protocols etc..bullshit..have common boundaries and common sense and then get out of the way and let people live, play and compete....it will sort itself out...in my opinion.

whats happening pre season wise with your teams boys... under way at North..they back into it on every second friday evening..koroit kick off tonight with seniors, netballers and juniors all apparently training together for first night.
Any other news?

North Warrnambool look almost certain to have signed GFL mid and former Warrnambool Blues gun Kevin Bourke. His connection to Billie Smedts is the glue. The Dowie effect in full swing out at Bushfield.

Souths as u would of seen in the papers (some of them) have lost Eagleson, Mahoney, B Thorton (reserves), Saunders and Hussey. But have picked up Charlie Lee, Al Porter and Jock Blair. Midfield depth has taking a beating. Will still be a good side but not premiership material, as Hussey and Saunders have departed. The unders just won the flag so hopefully more young talent will come through. With North, they have picked up some great players, but have they enough big men to challenge for the flag?

Souths as u would of seen in the papers (some of them) have lost Eagleson, Mahoney, B Thorton (reserves), Saunders and Hussey. But have picked up Charlie Lee, Al Porter and Jock Blair. Midfield depth has taking a beating. Will still be a good side but not premiership material, as Hussey and Saunders have departed. The unders just won the flag so hopefully more young talent will come through. With North, they have picked up some great players, but have they enough big men to challenge for the flag?

Yeah South looking a little lighter heading into next season. Missing a heartbeat from my perspective, with other teams losing players too I think they shouldn’t slide too far but not as strong for sure. If North can keep and get players on the park that are injured or injury prone they will go very deep. Jordan Dillon is a major part and if he was to go down they don’t have a great back up for him. Otherwise I think their side is very well balanced. Should be almost the best midfield in the competition if/when fully fit.

Yeah have heard Kev Bourke to north. Seems dion Johnstone is still looking to play a higher level, but will make north Warrnambool his home club. Also talk Michael Barlow likely to have north his home club.

Have Hamilton and Portland well and truly settled and how are they stacking up.
Are they pretty well entrenched in the Hamden league?
C an you see any of them getting a premiership in the few years etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back