Happy Australia Day 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sir Ronald Mac

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2023
AFL Club
Adelaide
Happy Birthday To The Greatest Country In The World.

Feel free to share stories and photos from past or present, or just what you're up to on this special day :)

mcdonaldsaustralia2istock.jpg

• Banned
Spent the morning with some new Aussie Citizens.

Welcome to this beautiful country, friends :)

I’ve travelled a lot overseas, particularly for work. In my biased opinion we are indeed so lucky to live in by far the best country on the planet. They don’t call it the lucky country for nothing.

So here’s one for all our friends overseas on this day of celebration:

Post of the day, mate.

I have many restaurants around the world, traveled to every country in the world.
Only about 5-6 countries that would rival Australia as the greatest.

From my experience, it is by far the most tolerant and welcoming country i Have come across.

*Shame on those who say otherwise.

They don’t call it the lucky country for nothing.
Donald Horne coined the phrase "lucky country" when he wrote a book by the same name. He was actually being critical, especially to the country's elites.

“Australia is a lucky country run mainly by second rate people who share its luck. It lives on other people's ideas, and, although its ordinary people are adaptable, most of its leaders (in all fields) so lack curiosity about the events that surround them that they are often taken by surprise"
- Donald Horne

Post of the day, mate.

I have many restaurants around the world, traveled to every country in the world.

From my experience, it is by far the most tolerant and welcoming country i Have come across.

That looks like a silver fern on the coffee, are you sure it's not from New Zealand? Which, by the way, rivals Australia when it comes to being the greatest. Very tolerant and welcoming.

That looks like a silver fern on the coffee, are you sure it's not from New Zealand? Which, by the way, rivals Australia when it comes to being the greatest. Very tolerant and welcoming.
I agree.
Top 5 nation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Donald Horne coined the phrase "lucky country" when he wrote a book by the same name. He was actually being critical, especially to the country's elites.

“Australia is a lucky country run mainly by second rate people who share its luck. It lives on other people's ideas, and, although its ordinary people are adaptable, most of its leaders (in all fields) so lack curiosity about the events that surround them that they are often taken by surprise"
- Donald Horne
Published 1964 IIRC. Does this still apply?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kochie getting and accepting an AM on a day that his club to which he is president puts out a note wanting to change Australia day sounds a bit hypocritical.:think:

Post of the day, mate.

I don’t say otherwise. I love Australia, it’s a great place. Still, I can see why it’s not best to celebrate all the good things about the country on the day we came and stole it from the ppl who are still living tougher lives than most. It’s not showing the best of Australia to rub it in their face.

I don’t say otherwise. I love Australia, it’s a great place. Still, I can see why it’s not best to celebrate all the good things about the country on the day we came and stole it from the ppl who are still living tougher lives than most. It’s not showing the best of Australia to rub it in their face.
We came and stole it?

If you were born here, it's as much your country as it is any indigenous persons country.

Kochie getting and accepting an AM on a day that his club to which he is president puts out a note wanting to change Australia day sounds a bit hypocritical.:think:

Wow..

I know someone who won’t be very happy with that club statement from the Powa…

IMG_1633.jpeg

Is the 26th of jan the day that australia became free from british rule in 1949 ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
3rd March 1986

The final step to full sovereignty was the passing of the Australia Act 1986 in the UK. The Act removed the right of the British Parliament to make laws for Australia and ended any British role in the government of the Australian States.[115] It also removed the right of appeal from Australian courts to the British Privy Council in London. Most important, the Act transferred into Australian hands full control of all Australia's constitutional documents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back