Hartung, Jedi or Woodward?

Remove this Banner Ad

These three are a terrific case study. I massively under rated Woody. The last few games of his season were stunning. His ability to track the footy is elite. Woody for Woody, the biggest issue is how does he get into the team.

I'm happy with all of them.

I wanted to highlight the incident when Billy Boy took on Darren Glass, who's probably 15 kgs heavier.
Billy had just dislocated his elbow, was obviously in pain, but tackled Glass, held on grimly and won the free kick. Billy then had to go off and missed several games.

It was gutsiest effort of 2014, and ample proof that he's not just an outside runner.

And Darren Glass retired after the game!

I'm happy with all of them.

I wanted to highlight the incident when Billy Boy took on Darren Glass, who's probably 15 kgs heavier.
Billy had just dislocated his elbow, was obviously in pain, but tackled Glass, held on grimly and won the free kick. Billy then had to go off and missed several games.

It was gutsiest effort of 2014, and ample proof that he's not just an outside runner.

And Darren Glass retired after the game!

Surely we are crediting Rough with finishing Glass's career???

Woodward looks like the obvious Mitchell replacement, if his knees can hold up.

Not sure where Hartung fits in though. Maybe as a 6th forward who runs through the midfield?
Hartung is the Wing/HFF/HBF running through all 3 spots throughout the same game - as well as the midfield as he muscles up

Hartung is just going to burst on to the scene next year. Really impressed by his year. Composed, ball winning, hard running mid. Love him.

My favourite player at the moment is Jed though. Would love to see a Langford-esque rise in 2015.
How bout Lithers?

Interesting thing about pace is the lack of "freak out" when you get AFL games. A lot of our newer players have done well because of this - Lithers, Hill, Langers and Hartung.

What's weird is that this is happening at the same time that we have lots of old slower blokes with helps of skill and ball getting ability.

Good combo

How bout Lithers?

Interesting thing about pace is the lack of "freak out" when you get AFL games. A lot of our newer players have done well because of this - Lithers, Hill, Langers and Hartung.

What's weird is that this is happening at the same time that we have lots of old slower blokes with helps of skill and ball getting ability.

Good combo

Lithers is one of my faves, I definitely want to see more of him next year.

Jed Anderson has a terrific goal sense and is also surprisingly a strong contested marking player overhead for someone of his size. He could end up playing as a high half forward/midfielder in 2015. Given our aging midfield, Woodward will see plenty of game-time next year as will Hartung.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back