Ultimate Glory Hawks vs Swans - We take flag number 12 - our greatest flag - The Hard Way.

Remove this Banner Ad

1_GFSyHa14MW2694.jpg

That's why as the old saying goes.. "Pictures tell a thousand words"

Yep, the difference between the two, one was willing to work his back side off to make it as a regular AFL player, and fully deserved his position, in order to continue the legacy of one of Hawthorns great names, through his shear love for this great club, and now his done so as a premiership winning player, while the other took the easy way out, by rejecting the one year offer by this great club..

Last edited:

I don't think I have enjoyed a win in my years as a hawthorn supporter as much as this. A champion team ALWAYS beats a team of champions.

I thought every player played their role today and contributed something, I even thought their could have been a three way tie for norm smith.

Also one final thing before my brain fails me: I have never disliked Lance Franklin (I don't like calling him Buddy anymore), as in truly disliked him until today. I was angry that he left Hawthorn, especially for Sydney, but I always had a slight soft spot for him after all the joy he had given the club, today that changed, I don't know if it was just the occasion or that the nerves got to him or what but I truly disliked the way he presented himself today, and I enjoyed very much seeing him unable to watch as his former "family" won without him.

We are a very happy team at Hawthorn
But are they even a team of champions, take out the ex Hawthorn players there isn't much left, maybe the AOTY?

Don't know if this counts, but in November last year luxbet had a promotion so I put $100 on Hawthorn to win this years premiership, ended up winning $485.
Add to that winning Jed's jersey earlier this year, here on Bigfooty, and as you can imagine, I'm very happy.

And winning back-to-back, what more could one ask for.

Always Hawthorn
nice mate doesnt matter how much you get back as long you as you make a decent profit :)

I purchased two papers today, and when I saw Langers with his mum and dad, in tears, that cracked me up, in tears again I was.. His two brothers and his sister were there too, great for him..:)
Does anyone know when the DVD with all the stations will be for sale? SEN,AFL,ABC,3AW.MMM..I want to get one..

But are they even a team of champions, take out the ex Hawthorn players there isn't much left, maybe the AOTY?

Haha well when you put it like that ☺️

In all seriousness though they do have a lot of great players, some of which are on their way out and others that weren't "homegrown," I think the difference is that our boys play for each other, theirs play for themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think anyone has mentioned it but Sphanger crashing into Buddy in the first couple of minutes of the game was a pivotel moment if he had've taken that grab the Swans would've been walking tall early .Last time I saw a live Hawks GF was in '75 when we lost I was 9yrs old so a bit superstitious about turning up yesterday geez im glad I didn't miss that one greatest moment as a hawk supporter easy.

Having witnessed countless great moments in our clubs history and having seen us win 11 of our 12 Premierships, I feel well qualified to make this statement.

This is our best Premiership win Ever, the things that went wrong this year were ****ing unbelievable.

To cope with all that and destroy the supposedly best team money can buy, sums up our amazing football club.

I have followed the Hawks for 43 years and to say I feel privileged is an understatement.

We were pretty brutal. Tell me Lake didn't deliberately drive his elbow into Buddy's head as they both came down...

He also copped a fair whack from Spangh, but I'm less convinced Jesus would intentionally do such a thing.

Is there a match report from the game? Reckon there could be a few fines. Not that it really matters but there is double loading also.

Are you psychic?

I actually thought we were going to lose...

Like many of us here I was upset with the medias one way bias towards the $ydney, so I think I tried to convince myself we could smash them. When I actually started thinking hard about my club, the players, the coaches, the year we'd had, the opposition and many other variables I could only see us winning and winning well. My prophecy was fulfilled as my post on the preview thread was basically to do with when we dominate a quarter we kick 6-7 goals and if we dominated for 2 quarters we should win. We dominated for 4 quarters and wow it was total football the likes of which no other team could produce. So happy!!!

What can I say that hasn't been said?

It was the perfect premiership.

I agree it was a perfect premiership win, in so many ways and highlights, with the goal of the year from Langford etc, all we needed was this attempt of mark of the century to be completed by Cyril, and it would have been "better than just a perfect premiership":):D:D

Having a look elsewhere and noticed a post from a cats supporter questioning how is it possible that our injured players come back like they haven't missed a game and how hodge, Mitch, burgers, lake etc. just keep getting better the older they get. They wonder if an investigation should be carried out :drunk:

Having a look elsewhere and noticed a post from a cats supporter questioning how is it possible that our injured players come back like they haven't missed a game and how hodge, Mitch, burgers, lake etc. just keep getting better the older they get. They wonder if an investigation should be carried out :drunk:

We're biologically advanced - that's how.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back