Autopsy Hawks vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-05-26/epic-donation-to-expand-hawthorns-indigenous-program
Adam Goodes have a look at the above & look carefully!
I dispute the fact that a certain section of the Hawthorn fan base boo you because you feel that the're racist!
Personally I don't boo anyone. I see the reason why some may have angst against you though.
Some acts you have performed on the field of play are very unsavory & in poor taste.
This is why you're booed! Your race has nothing to do with it!
I've had it up to my eyes that certain personas in the media (Patrick Smith) toss bag you listening? Have the temerity to say Hawthorn is a club supported by racists.
People boo Adam, harden the F##k up. If your family & friends get offended by it tell them to toughen up or don't come to the match.
We have an exciting bunch of indigenous players in our squad & one who now plays with you who we groomed to stardom.
We have a number of indigenous foundations like the above which we support & maintain. Still think we're racist now Adam.

In all seriousness I'm just jack of all this media hype saying Hawks fans are racist!
FFS Goodesey harden up your playing a man's game or it was once anyways.

Gee, that I just love the fantastic timing on that announcement!

Goodes: "the Hawks are racists"
Hawthorn FC: "we just set up a multi million dollar indigenous program"

Nyah, nyah

;)

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:This is one of many,many replies in the HS. Hundreds and hundred of them wrote in about Goodes! This particular one has 153 replies.Very well written.;

Has there ever been a more sensitive club in the history of the AFL than the Sydney Swans? They had a whinge about Hawthorn supporters booing Buddy a while back too. Harden up Swans!
Regarding Goodes himself, he is one of the most maligned players in the AFL. It's just a fact. He and his club need to accept that. If he can't, it's time for him to give it away. For starters, he constantly plays for free kicks and when he doesn't get one he looks at the umpire like a baby who's had his bottle taken off him. And if some sections of the media believe the booing is a result of his so called stand against racism, well is that really a surprise? Let's stop pointing the finger at the fans regarding the matter. He's a footballer. An athlete. If he has a political and/or social agender to push, he should wait until he's retired and go through the appropriate channels at that time and not hijack OUR game with his opinions (and that's all they are) on how racist our society is. But he didn't wait, he pulled the trigger during his career, so he must now lie in the bed that he made all on his own. He's become the Bono of the AFL (If you've ever been to a U2 concert and listened to Bono trot out his political junk you'll know what I mean - stick to singing Bono please!!!!)
Caroline Wilson's rant on Footy Classified last night on the matter was appalling also. It just proves yet again how out of touch Wilson is with what is really going on in society. It was sad watching her speak that tripe with a look on her face as though she was teaching the nation something. Caro please, do yourself a favour and stick to commenting on the game and not on society and its morals. Or if you want to push this dribble, get yourself a seat on the ABC's Insiders on a Sunday morning. Then not as many people will hear the junk you have to say on this particular matter.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Just one of 90% or more that think this way.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-05-26/epic-donation-to-expand-hawthorns-indigenous-program
Adam Goodes have a look at the above & look carefully!
I dispute the fact that a certain section of the Hawthorn fan base boo you because you feel that the're racist!
Personally I don't boo anyone. I see the reason why some may have angst against you though.
Some acts you have performed on the field of play are very unsavory & in poor taste.
This is why you're booed! Your race has nothing to do with it!
I've had it up to my eyes that certain personas in the media (Patrick Smith) toss bag you listening? Have the temerity to say Hawthorn is a club supported by racists.
People boo Adam, harden the F##k up. If your family & friends get offended by it tell them to toughen up or don't come to the match.
We have an exciting bunch of indigenous players in our squad & one who now plays with you who we groomed to stardom.
We have a number of indigenous foundations like the above which we support & maintain. Still think we're racist now Adam.

In all seriousness I'm just jack of all this media hype saying Hawks fans are racist!
FFS Goodesey harden up your playing a man's game or it was once anyways.

That's an amazing contribution - kudos to them. I really hope Burgers will continue at the club past retirement - such a wonderful ambassador for the indigenous community.

On a side note, this donation doesn't mean that we don't have a section of the supporter base who aren't racist. I would be pretty sure that these people weren't among those booing on Saturday night - we also need to remember that it's the media doing the commenting not Goodes.

On a side note, this donation doesn't mean that we don't have a section of the supporter base who aren't racist. I would be pretty sure that these people weren't among those booing on Saturday night - we also need to remember that it's the media doing the commenting not Goodes.

Hang on, CP. It seems you are now linking the booing to racism.

Goodes has said he doesn't know why he gets booed when he comes to Melbourne, I don't think he has singled out the Hawks though obviously the question was asked in relation to Saturday night.

I believe that some people booing Goodes are doing so based on race related issues they have with him, some are booing him due to personal issues they have with how he goes about it on the footy field and some are booing because everyone else is.

McVeigh getting nothing is not unexpected at least we didn't lose anyone for a week either.

Wonder how many more fines the MRP have to hand out to hit their targets

The booing has nothing to do with his race. Hawk supporter idolise their aboriginal players and respect what they have done for the game. I for one would boo Goodes due to the fact i don't like fact that on one leg in the 2012 GF he kicked a goal out of his Arse and basically put the game beyond us.

Hang on, CP. It seems you are now linking the booing to racism.

I've always maintained that people would have different reasons for their booing with racism being one of thoseand just because someone makes a kind donation doesn't mean it ain't so as was implied

The booing has nothing to do with his race. Hawk supporter idolise their aboriginal players and respect what they have done for the game. I for one would boo Goodes due to the fact i don't like fact that on one leg in the 2012 GF he kicked a goal out of his Arse and basically put the game beyond us.

And 18 months later you are still booing that :eek:
Don't ever let me get on the bad side of you

Why is it that Goodes can do those dirty actions,on the ground, and NEVER gets penalised? Not only him, but McVeigh and other Dying Swans, they are a PROTECTED species. If Langers had done that to McVeigh, he would have got a week for it. I couldn't believe Langers never even got a free for that smack across his jaw. Some supporters from other clubs think exactly the same way as we do.They let Goodes get away with ANY actions, there are not any repercussions for the crap he does in the game. The AFL MRP ensure the swans are let off with the majority of crap they do on other players. Would be good if we were treated the same way!:rolleyes:
I read the HS, there is no doubt about that 90/95% agree that Goodes is disliked for what he says AND does on the ground, and gets away with it.Surprised there are so many that don't like him..mmmmm:rolleyes: The only ones that do like him, is the MEDIA, who have nothing up top anyway. We have more weasels and Muppets that we had in the media area..Unfortunately!:mad:

Goodes is definitely given an easy ride by the umpires
Take the grand final 2014 as an example
1. I still believe that Goodes pushed Lake in the back to allow McGlynn's goal through .... check this in slo mo.
2. He gave Shiels a left arm round arm from behind when Shiels was about to gather the ball running close to goal
McAvany thought it was a free kick to Shiels .....play on, then Sydney got the free instead
3 Goodes cannoned into Lewis from behind at a ball up close to goal sending Lewis to the ground....no free kick

I boo Goodes be cause I don't like him. Is that ok? Or aren't we allowed to have opinions on people anymore. What a farce.

Can't wait to knock them out of September this year. Happy Days.

Its just bullshit. What a complete waste of oxygen this moron is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do hawk supporters still muster the energy to boo Goodes when its wasted on abusing Shoey and Suckling.
I had head spins after Sucklings last quarter turnover.

I've never really been a boo'er. Last time I boo'd was when my ex spilt my beer. Deserved it!

In all reality, Goodes has a filth about him like no other, he presents himself to the public as as a clean ball player, but in all reality he's as filthy as they come and will not hesitate to trip you, punch you in the nuts if the opportunity arises. We have had our fair share of these types in the past, only difference is they don't play the I'm an angel card.

Last edited:
I boo Goodes too. Can't stand him.

Has had the ride of his life form the umps, dirty player (remember the leg slide into Gibbo a few years back and the hit on Shiels in the GF) and stages for frees worse than Selwood and L. Thomas.

Up there with Matthew Lloyd and Judd as two of my least favourite players and I jeered them too.

Like Harry O/L, Goodes is also a media whore which I cannot stand.

Plenty of Geelong people booed or jeered Matthews after the Bruns incident. Why was is this never brought up?

My great grandfather was indigenous and I boo Goodes.

How good an idea would it be for us to gather together all our indigenous supporters to boo Goodes, then when they make a fuss post footage of it.

My great grandfather was indigenous and I boo Goodes.

How good an idea would it be for us to gather together all our indigenous supporters to boo Goodes, then when they make a fuss post footage of it.

Doesn't that make you indigenous :confused:

I really don't know where all the hate for Goodes comes from. I've met him before, lovely guy. Yeah he's dirty on the field, but it's just a game. He's done a lot for his culture in the community, helped a lot of kids out, etc. You don't have to love the guy, but he is a good bloke.

Similar to Lloyd- hated the player more than anyone. But actually a good guy beyond that.

And whilst I don't doubt the sincerity of those in this thread saying it's not race related when they personally boo, standing next to fellow Hawk supporters at last year's GF calling him all sorts of racist names, it's clear that there's a racial element to it for others..

So I watched the game again and still can't get past some of the umpiring.

- Gibson infringement on Tippet - Goal. Commentary team said it was a tough call. It's 50/50, I get that but when Rampe has a huge hold on Schoenmakers at the start of the second quarter that was far worse, you've gotta wonder...
- The Shiels high tackle on McGlynn. 50 metres and goal. Wasn't there. Commentators agree.
- McVeigh coat hanger on Langford. Not even a free kick. Ball is in despute and ends up a Tippet Goal.
- Bruest tackled out of bounds. Called holding the ball. Rarely gets paid. McGlynn kicks goal from the next play.
- The Tippet Mark and spoil afterwards. Payed a mark and advantage. Umpiring error. Should have had a shot at goal. Exact same type of mark should have been payed to Ceglar late in the game. Spoiled by Kennedy after he clunked it. McVeigh Goal.

I know a lot of them are 50/50 and you can cop the 3 Middle ones. What I can't cop is the top and bottom example.

I really don't know where all the hate for Goodes comes from. I've met him before, lovely guy. Yeah he's dirty on the field, but it's just a game. He's done a lot for his culture in the community, helped a lot of kids out, etc. You don't have to love the guy, but he is a good bloke.

Similar to Lloyd- hated the player more than anyone. But actually a good guy beyond that.

And whilst I don't doubt the sincerity of those in this thread saying it's not race related when they personally boo, standing next to fellow Hawk supporters at last year's GF calling him all sorts of racist names, it's clear that there's a racial element to it for others..
I think the bolded sums up why he's booed on the field and not in the street.

Doesn't that make you indigenous :confused:
Legally, no.

To be indigenous, you generally need to be 1/4 or be acknowledged as indigenous by an elder.

My background is a little more... shall we say... shrouded?

I'm willing to admit that it is a bit unsettling that we collectively boo Adam Goodes. I don't recall him ever doing anything specifically to us that warrants him being singled out for booing. I find him pretty annoying myself also but I suppose I don't bother to ask why I have that reaction. If he were a white bloke with the same character would I have the same response? Im not really sure. Bottom line is that there probably is a racist component to it which we should collectively steer clear of. I don't reckon it does the club much good getting anywhere near something that could (very easily) be interpreted as racist. I listen to the Italian and Turkish soccer supporters doing monkey chants at the black players and I immediately think 'those primitive morons'. I wouldn't want other people to have the same reaction to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back