Preview Hawks vs The Blue rabble that Bolts is inheriting

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has copped a heavy tagged since Woody went down.

Not a natural accumulator of the footy, just seems to be out of the play a lot. Nothing to do with fitness or getting to contests, just not in the right place at the right time.
He is an accumulator in the shiels mould. Not 30+ like a mitchell but 25s. Not physically ready to beat a tag but being tagged will be great for his development. He will be handy.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lake gets rested this week. Oldest player on our list we need him fit for the Eagles game..
I hope not, Lake needs 4 games to reach 250 and there's no guarantee he'll be playing next season.

The ball ain't gonna be spending too much time in our backline this week so that's pretty much the same as a rest.

I hope not, Lake needs 4 games to reach 250 and there's no guarantee he'll be playing next season.

The ball ain't gonna be spending too much time in our backline this week so that's pretty much the same as a rest.

I want Lake to get to 250 also and I can't see Clarko giving him a contract for 2016.

Had a dream I missed the game and looked for the results in the papers the next day. The scoreline read 137 - 78 and I thought to myself it sounds like the Blues actually gave us an almost decent hit out. Not sure I trust my dreams enough to place a margin bet though.

Had a dream I missed the game and looked for the results in the papers the next day. The scoreline read 137 - 78 and I thought to myself it sounds like the Blues actually gave us an almost decent hit out. Not sure I trust my dreams enough to place a margin bet though.

In 2008 I had a dream we lost the GF by about 30 points, then a second dream we won by 60 points. We basically split the middle on the day. When you dream that we win by about 200 tonight, then put in the margin bet.

In 2008 I had a dream we lost the GF by about 30 points, then a second dream we won by 60 points. We basically split the middle on the day. When you dream that we win by about 200 tonight, then put in the margin bet.

Ah, okay. Sounds like a logical plan. I'd better remember the scores tonight then. :thumbsu:

I have an AFL Reserve guest pass available for Saturday's game, bought a pack at the start of the year and have one left that I didn't use. Needs to be used this round. Good for walk up or upgrade to Reserve Seating for $7.90 (Levels N & P still available this morning.)
Free to good home - maybe throw a few bucks in the Salvo's tin on the way in.
I've checked with AFL Memberships and it's OK to give it away.

With Freo and NM now both resting half their side to freshen up, should the hawks be thinking the same thing? Garaunteed 3rd, nothing to be gained against the blues. Should they rewards JOR, sicily, TOB, Simpkin, Anderson, Heatherley, Miles, Litherland, Willsmore, Howe etc for a solid season.

Apart from ruining Box Hill two years in a row, surely it would help these guys develop even just a little faster?

With Freo and NM now both resting half their side to freshen up, should the hawks be thinking the same thing? Garaunteed 3rd, nothing to be gained against the blues. Should they rewards JOR, sicily, TOB, Simpkin, Anderson, Heatherley, Miles, Litherland, Willsmore, Howe etc for a solid season.

Apart from ruining Box Hill two years in a row, surely it would help these guys develop even just a little faster?
We could still finish second if WC choke and have a home final and WC play after us so we won't know our final position when we play.

This isn't the time of year to be rewarding players for good form at BH this is when you gear up for next week so unless they are in contention for finals they play for BH this week. As much as I would like to see a few of the kids get a game this week I think Clarko will be looking for continuity leading into finals and suspect we will play as close to the team we want next week as we can.

Hodge will have to come in next week and good games from Cegs and Spang at BH could put them in contention but I don't think we will have many changes from last week other than Mitch and Poppy in if fit.

We should pick a side that we believe has us best prepared for week 1 of the finals, what that is I don't know.

It's a meaningless match but it's also one that's unlikely to be too taxing, because of the second factor I don't think we will rest (in the strictest sense) any players. We have had Hodge and Mitch rested for various reasons already and have subbed out a couple of different players the last couple of weeks. Continuity is probably more important than resting for us I think, bearing in mind if all goes to plan all players will get a rest after next week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please be gentle guys.
2dc.jpg

Don't flirt with form. Rest a couple...maybe Gibson & Burgoyne. Mitchell had last week off and Hodge will have had 2 weeks.

Last time we played these monkeys we kicked our biggest winning margin.

This weeks game we go to kick the HIGHEST score ever against Carlton, go for it boys.

However, young Mr. Howe and Mr. Bruest will be replaced by Mr. Mitchell and Paul with a P.

Round 23 Team
Hawthorn v Carlton
MCG
Saturday 25 September, 4.40pm

B: Ben Stratton, Brian Lake, Josh Gibson
HB: Grant Birchall, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne
C: Bradley Hill, Sam Mitchell, Isaac Smith
HF: Cyril Rioli, Jack Gunston, Liam Shiels
F: David Hale, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Will Langford, Jordan Lewis
I/C: James Sicily, Matt Suckling, Taylor Duryea, Daniel Howe
Emer: Luke Breust, Ryan Schoenmakers, Angus Litherland

In: Sam Mitchell, Paul Puopolo
Out: Luke Breust (rested), Billy Hartung (omitted)
Milestone: Brian Lake - 50 club games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back