Hawthorn Traveller's Corner- The Travel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

holy sh1t. trip sounds awesome but thats like close 700km a week. must have seen some awesome stuff. The best experiences i have had have always been in smaller towns, people just seem to be more engaging.

And that is the virtue of having a car. While we did stay and drive in major cities the car gave us flexibility you could never get from the train (which I've also done). Some of our best accommodation was off the beaten tourist track.

The trip was brilliant; we drove in bursts so some days we drove 800km plus (Zaragoza to Grenoble was out longest trip). We drove through the extremadura of Spain, the mountains of Switzerland and Austria and the French countryside.

Loving your recollections.

I recently spent some time camping with friends in Moyhu (near Wangaratta).
Nice little spot and reminded me of summers past caravanning with my family as a kid.

if anyone is travelling and they want really cheap deals there is a travel fair/expo on feb 9 and 10. i suggest you get in and have a look coz the prices are mental.

Yep, plan to be doing that...have a wedding to go to in New York in July, hopefully followed by a week in the Dominican Republc

Yep, plan to be doing that...have a wedding to go to in New York in July, hopefully followed by a week in the Dominican Republc

I was just with my main man at flight centre and i am also going to the States this year. He said that between June 18 and July 18 the states are expensive and if you travel out of thos dates you will save a truckload of dough

from memory jeff's shed, door 2. But it's a flight centre run expo and that weekend if you go into any flight centre they are offering the same deal.

My mates last year got a decent deal to Thailand. 2 weeks accom in a resort(4 star), return airfare, breakfast daily some other crap for 2k
cool thanks i think i have seen previous ones if not jeffs it will be the place on the other side of the river that has the police museum in it

Been to New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, France, Belgium, Spain and Greece. And been to every state within Australia bar South Aussie and West Aussie.

Going on two trips this year. Both to Europe.

The first I am travelling in April, with my school. I am in year 12 and I am learning German so we are going to Germany and Austria. We are also being hosted by a German for a week which should be very fun.

The second I am going to France, though only Paris this time, and also England and Scotland to visit the family. This is in September so I will miss the premiership win :( ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back