List Mgmt. Heath Shaw

Do you want Heath Shaw at Geelong?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't help but feel we have dodged a large bullet here.

i think we got christopher walken on it:

6a011570120273970b0133ee4ea64a970b-800wi.jpg

Well that will almost certainly seem like we won't be doing any trades this year. Can't see anyone else that we will target and get.

Off to the draft we go.

no way, we must keep 15.
So far, we're winning- no HS, no TA.
We were meant to get 15.

Sorry but the best small defender in the league is well worth pick 15 and at 25yo fills the gap in our age profile perfectly

The good news is we don't have to listen to SEN for two weeks. I think that ends our trade period. My read on it is, we needed Varcoe to go to fund another trade and when that did not generate sufficient interest we decided we should go back to the draft.

The good news is we don't have to listen to SEN for two weeks. I think that ends our trade period. My read on it is, we needed Varcoe to go to fund another trade and when that did not generate sufficient interest we decided we should go back to the draft.

Would be a sound strategy if the draft was deep on talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't remember ever when missing out on a player has caused this much joy

when said player chooses dialing it in for the next 5 years @ $700k in an afl wasteland over playing finals and potentially grand finals with the cats then i think that kind of justifies said joy.

I would love Nick Smith, but I don't really see Sydney getting rid of him when they are such a good chance for the flag. If they really want to free up salary cap space they will move on players like Everitt rather than Smith

Heath has gone for the money and chosen GWS.

Hes really has taken the easy way out - collect his superannuation and not really risk his reputation - by playing for a club in serious contention - where his performances would be analysed very carefully - and he would be expected to perform week in week out

He will just become another Campbell Brown at the Suns - play a good game here there and along the line - with no one paying too much attention to him

I stated earlier that i thought he could be beneficial to Geelong - but it would be beautiful and ironic if Wells nailed an absolute champion with pick 15 ( like Selwood at pick 7) and we could all thank Heath Shaw for it

Sorry but the best small defender in the league is well worth pick 15 and at 25yo fills the gap in our age profile perfectly

We may already have him, and he's 23 or 22, and I'm not sorry.

Back