Heathcote DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

North Bendigo sign Rhys Healey which will make it his 10th club
Also signed another one from Sandhurst
Lockington have lost Jezza Mundie to Rochy and Marcus Angove to Egalehawk
Picking up a lot of BFL reserves players. Is that a good recruiting tool for this league?

so what's everyone's opinions on movers and shakers?

Locky - won the premiership for a reason but won't be as strong.

mounts - don't see much movement here will still be strong.

colbo - new coach but haven't seen any new signings yet.

north - plenty of new recruits not super calibre from my insight, still be strong.

white hills - some very bug name recruits should catch up to the top of the pack well and truely!!

Heathcote - expect them to improve further again this year and look to have a quality signing or 2.

elmore - have added in quality GV experience and a couple of others should improve but a long way to catch the top.

Huntly - new coach but haven't seen too much recruitment news of calibre would expect to stay in thr bottom half.

LG - new coach but haven't seen any signings, very long way to go unfortunately it might be another tough year.

all in all coukd be a very competitive top 7 this year league looks in good shape

so what's everyone's opinions on movers and shakers?

Locky - won the premiership for a reason but won't be as strong.

mounts - don't see much movement here will still be strong.

colbo - new coach but haven't seen any new signings yet.

north - plenty of new recruits not super calibre from my insight, still be strong.

white hills - some very bug name recruits should catch up to the top of the pack well and truely!!

Heathcote - expect them to improve further again this year and look to have a quality signing or 2.

elmore - have added in quality GV experience and a couple of others should improve but a long way to catch the top.

Huntly - new coach but haven't seen too much recruitment news of calibre would expect to stay in thr bottom half.

LG - new coach but haven't seen any signings, very long way to go unfortunately it might be another tough year.

all in all coukd be a very competitive top 7 this year league looks in good shape
Leitchville have signed 6 new blokes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse Davies is a massive signing for Heathcote, he will dominate
How does the riddell league compare to heathcote league? Pretty similar I’m guessing? Seems like half of Wallans side have headed to heathcote

How does the riddell league compare to heathcote league? Pretty similar I’m guessing? Seems like half of Wallans side have headed to heathcote
I would say its pretty close, Riddell & Diggers would probably still be the top sides IMO, I would probably have Wallan on par with North Bendigo, just a bit behind LBU & Colby. Admittedly I've only seen 6 HDFL games last year and 2 of those games were Leitchville/Gunny vs Heathcote and they were shocking quality.

Jesse though has won flags at Craigieburn (EDFL), 5 or 6 B & F's and a Bowen Medal (RDFL B & F)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back