History between the Bombers and the Eagles!!

Remove this Banner Ad

would have to be the hird quarter as the best memory. Most complete quarter by a player ever.
The 2002 one was another good one, Lloyd knocked out, lucas and hird starring, the emergance of Judd and the fletcher trip on judd which ment we were without lloyd and fletch the following week.
2000 with the mitchell white incident and the Ken Judge playing defenseive to not get belted by the awesome bombers.
Even last year when we took it up to the eagles and nearly beat them and ofcourse the dean cox goal last year where he played like a small man lol.
I remember not sure what year it was when cox was back up ruck to gardiner and wondering who is this guy he will never make it and few years later he is all australian.
Another one is Hirds return to subiaco after smashing his face that one was against the eagles too.

Cant tell you about mitchell white but a sea gull must have got in the stadium that night and knocked down mark johnson ( i think) about 70 metres from the ball.

It was in play and it was later proven to be Dustin Fletcher who got Johnson with some friendly fire.

Speaking of Fletcher the other one i remember was a couple of years ago when in a marking contest McDougall got knocked and a result cannoned into Fletcher knocking his teeth out, nasty stuff

I am fortunate enough to have been in attendance at:

93' final win (at the pinacle of West Coasts might)
95' final win (the emergence of Lloyd out at Waverley), 96' final win (70 odd point spanking, Wanganeen destroying rising star cousins, Hird goaling from full back with Sumich trundling after him, jacket waving #2)
2002' final win (Lloyd knocked out, Hunt kick across goal, Troy Wilson being so big yet so useless)
2004' H&A game (the fairy tales complete game, a corker of a game)

All are brilliant memories.

If my memory serves me correctly, we also knocked em out by about 10 goals in the 1990 prelim out at Waverley.

tell us a bit more about this, what was his thinking behind this again?
Well, the Eagles had a fabulous run in 91 winning all of their first 12 games. Sheeds tried to get any advantage possible over the Eagles. Somehow the groundkeeper "accidentally" forgot to untie the wind sock leaving the Eagles not knowing which way the wind was blowing, so to speak.:D

It was in play and it was later proven to be Dustin Fletcher who got Johnson with some friendly fire.
really?
not saying I don't believe it, but tell me more about this proof?

Speaking of Fletcher the other one i remember was a couple of years ago when in a marking contest McDougall got knocked and a result cannoned into Fletcher knocking his teeth out, nasty stuff
that was pretty bloody nasty - I remember the commentators talking about him putting a bunch (not a couple!) of teeth in milk until after the game so they wouldn't die.
was it 2004?

from memory there was a dentist (eagle supporter) in the crowd who came down during the game and offered his assistance which was gratefully accepted.
nice that.

Yeah it was '93, second half of the season. Salmon kicked like 27 behinds before he kicked his first and only goal to win the match by 2 or 3 points.

Not sure about Mitchell White

Yep that was the win where Sheeds came out of the coaches box and waved his jacket above his head! 14 years on and the jackets still get waved after a Bombers v Eagles match!

Add 2007, round 11, eagles top team and flag favourites, smashed the bombers in the 1st quarter, but the bombers stood up and fought back to win by 1 point in a nailbiting finish.

As a passionate Eagles fan can I say...

Well done Essendon - I will always respect you and your coach in particular.

I also like Sheeds in how he clearly respects the Eagles culture and you can sense he has a lot of time for John Worsfold too.

Great win, you are our most feared, respected and hated (in the footy sense) rival.

Well done once again... yet another incredible chapter in this rivalry.

As a passionate Eagles fan can I say...

Well done Essendon - I will always respect you and your coach in particular.

I also like Sheeds in how he clearly respects the Eagles culture and you can sense he has a lot of time for John Worsfold too.

Great win, you are our most feared, respected and hated (in the footy sense) rival.

Well done once again... yet another incredible chapter in this rivalry.
Great post. Well done to the Eagles and their supporters, always gracious in victory or defeat.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can be guaranteed Sheedy will come up with something. Whether it's an obscure match up, or a change to the gameplan, or comments during the week pumping you/us up or playing our/your chances down, or even commenting on how pretty our newsreaders are in Perth. There is always something.

Bolton on Braun. W.T.F?

Braun had very little influence on the game, props for this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back