FTA-TV Homeland *Spoilers*

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Brodie's alive. Something to do with the cockroach story about him surviving all the time.

Agree with you here. There's gotta be a long play going on somewhere.

"hmmmm" < -- said me at the conclusion of the episode. that's all i got.

but brody CAN'T be alive can he? no way no how.

but then again, this is homeland.

He's gotta be alive. Only thing that makes sense to me in context of the overall story. Plus the highly public way he 'died' too reeks of a TV set-up. Could be the Iranian security guy's masterplan to get out from under the CIA's hands.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/16/homeland-finale-brody-interview/

Brody isn't alive guys.

To me the sense of finality in the episode was pretty bold, I kept expecting some sort of cliffhanger element like previous seasons, but that probably would have felt cheap after losing Brody.
The entire season was structured around this ending. Not specifically Brody being hung in the public square in Tehran, but we knew Brody wasn’t going to survive this season. His character has been such a huge part of the show. The title [of the finale] “The Star” had a few meanings, he was certainly one of the two stars of this show. And losing a character like that is painful. Damian Lewis is a phenomenal actor; Brody was such a central character. It was a very difficult decision and one we wanted to honor and not clutter with other things. That’s why you saw the last two episodes play out as they did.
How did Showtime executives react to the news that this time you’re really killing Brody, dammit.
Even though they were understandably hesitant about making a major move like this, when they heard from the writers the story needed to conclude and we needed to move on, I think they just ultimately respect that. Their push-back in seasons 1 and 2, I’m tremendously grateful for that. I think the way we were able to bring Brody’s story to a close was worth it.
Could Brody still appear as a dream? Flashback?
I would say highly doubtful. But you never know.

Some fans are worried Saul (Mandy Patinkin) is off the show, but I assume he’ll be back. Everybody should rest assured that Mandy Patinkin is coming back as a series regular. I can tell you that with 100 percent certainty. Although he’s not at a desk at Langley anymore, the CIA does outsource a lot of jobs to private contractors. He’s going to be in that circle, he’s still in the intelligence-gathering profession and the CIA could use somebody of his immense skills and knowledge for various intelligence work.

There are a lot of rumours going around that Lewis is about to sign on with Downton Abbey. His character kicked the bucket.

Give the guy a role as a junkie in a movie and he will be laughing all the way to oscar town

Speechless.

Great TV. :thumbsu:

(Still doesn't excuse the first 2 s**t episodes of this season.)

o_O
Come on Gasman. Boardwalk is great TV in every sense - the acting, the sets, the stories, the direction, the photography, the music.
Homeland has deteriorated into a farce after a pretty solid first season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see if the whole plot moves onto something new or could Carrie seek a revenge type of story next year with the Iranians?

I think the door seems shut on the Brody story.

Suppose a lot of it comes down as to what Showtimes plans are beyond S04.

Anywho, I would like to see more of Agent 13 next season in such memorable scenes;

224%20agent%2013.jpg

Homeland has deteriorated into a farce after a pretty solid first season.

You're being too kind. Agree season 1 was good, but after that it was a long steep dive into garbage.

I'm cross with myself for wasting my life watching the second half of series 2 and all of series 3.

Aside from season 1 of Homeland, the better series of Spooks and 24 whip it, and ditto The Americans when it really got going.

Yeah, sure, a bi-polar agent 8 months up the duff who can't/won't follow orders and gets emotionally involved with missions is promoted to Istanbul Section Chief to run the USA's most important asset in the Middle East.

The Walking Dead is more realistic and plausible than this excrement.

Didnt mind s3 after they cleaned up the family bs, but reckon it's a mistake if they plan to go on with more of the same for a couple more years, what's the point.

That ending wrapped it up all up nicely unlike many series finales, so they should just leave it there.

Agree season 1 was good, but after that it was a long steep dive into garbage.

I'm cross with myself for wasting my life watching the second half of series 2 and all of series 3.

Aside from season 1 of Homeland, the better series of Spooks and 24 whip it, and ditto The Americans when it really got going.

Yeah, sure, a bi-polar agent 8 months up the duff who can't/won't follow orders and gets emotionally involved with missions is promoted to Istanbul Section Chief to run the USA's most important asset in the Middle East.

24 became far worse than Homeland is. 24 became chaotic retardation.

Homeland is fortunate season 1 got the Emmy because it won't be winning it again. I like the show but it's mostly normal TV. If they announced tomorrow it's finished I wouldn't be sad. But 10 months from now I'll be interested to see where it goes from here, particularly the Iran guy.

There are a lot of rumours going around that Lewis is about to sign on with Downton Abbey. His character kicked the bucket.

I like Downton Abbey in a soft way but he can and will get far better roles than anything that show can offer.

24 became far worse than Homeland is. 24 became chaotic retardation.

Homeland is fortunate season 1 got the Emmy because it won't be winning it again. I like the show but it's mostly normal TV. If they announced tomorrow it's finished I wouldn't be sad. But 10 months from now I'll be interested to see where it goes from here, particularly the Iran guy.

I like Downton Abbey in a soft way but he can and will get far better roles than anything that show can offer.
Very valid point, if they had switched a few things around they could've ended the series with that finale. I think from an acting/directing point of view it's still miles ahead of most other shows on TV, the script writing is what brings it back a bit (still fairly comfortably ahead of the pack IMO).

Edit: By script writing I mean story writing, the dialogue is fairly good quality also

Well just caught up to the end of season 3.

Solid season but 2 things that s**t me with it coming to an end.

I felt nothing when Brody was hanged. It more of a relief they'd finally done it.

And how the hell does Carrie get a promotion from Lockhart when she's an incompetent agent who can't follow orders? Absolutely inconsistent from a bloke who at the start of the season would have happily kicked her arse to the curb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back