Coach Horse: Retain, Retire, Reinvent?

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Cox is our next coach simply so we can make "Horse Cox transition" jokes because I am still 15 years old

You are a magnificent eejit Millky! I am truly envious.:)

John Longmire has been coaching at Sydney since the first game in 2011. According to Wikipedia "Longmire's first game as the Sydney Swans senior coach in the 2011 season ended in a draw against Melbourne, with both teams scoring 11.18 (84).[13] His first win as senior coach came the next week, against Essendon in Round 2, 2011".

Josh Kennedy debuted in 2010. Josh retired at the end of last year.

Parker, the longest serving player? debuted in round 8 in 2011.

So Longmire has now coached every current player at Sydney for their debut Sydney game.

[Edited]

Last edited:
John Longmire has been coaching at Sydney since the first game in 2011. According to Wikipedia "Longmire's first game as the Sydney Swans senior coach in the 2011 season ended in a draw against Melbourne, with both teams scoring 11.18 (84).[13] His first win as senior coach came the next week, against Essendon in Round 2, 2011".

Josh Kennedy debuted in 2010. Josh retired at the end of last year.

Parker, the longest serving player? debuted in round 8 in 2011.

So Longmire has now coached every current player at Sydney for their debut game.
Debut game for Sydney technically

Should of waited , no rush

Can’t get it done when matters
Seem to remember plenty of people were saying exactly the same thing about Chris Scott, particularly after their 80+ point loss in the 2021 PF.

Horse rebuilt the side in the period of 2 years (2019-20) to take us to a GF in 2022.
Apart from those two years his lowest finish in his 12 years of coaching the Swans is 7th.
One premiership, 3 other GFs, rebuilt the team, young exciting group, a coach that would be immediately snapped up if we let him go.

I'm more than happy we've (apparently) extended him to the end of 2025.

Seem to remember plenty of people were saying exactly the same thing about Chris Scott, particularly after their 80+ point loss in the 2021 PF.

Horse rebuilt the side in the period of 2 years (2019-20) to take us to a GF in 2022.
Apart from those two years his lowest finish in his 12 years of coaching the Swans is 7th.
One premiership, 3 other GFs, rebuilt the team, young exciting group, a coach that would be immediately snapped up if we let him go.

It’s official. Comms have been sent to members.

Not fussed about Scott

Horse has chocked 3 now and embarrassed in a big way in 2

Where are known as chockers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not fussed about Scott

Horse has chocked 3 now and embarrassed in a big way in 2

Where are known as chockers

In all seriousness i don't care either way, not sure it makes much difference and not like there is an obvious better coach.

But he has bombed out in embarrassing fashion more than 3 times, yep the 14 16 22 efforts were junk

if he gets credit for the rebuild he should wear the blame for wasting the talented lists he had.

I think the 2015 straight sets was pathetic

2017 cats murdered us

2018 gws murdered us
2021 loss to gws was crap too and last year

lot of losing the same way too in the finals losses , when s**t hits the fan it's always the same.

But flip side he gets us there and we have a shot and what does he fail to do that someone else would? f knows . At least he isn't belting people.

I will say this with the current talent if he can't win a flag in the next 3 seasons then it was a fail imo

In all seriousness i don't care either way, not sure it makes much difference and not like there is an obvious better coach.

But he has bombed out in embarrassing fashion more than 3 times, yep the 14 16 22 efforts were junk

if he gets credit for the rebuild he should wear the blame for wasting the talented lists he had.

2017 cats murdered us

2018 gws murdered us

lot of losing the same way too in the finals losses , when s**t hits the fan it's always the same.

But flip side he gets us there and we have a shot and what does he fail to do that someone else would? f knows . At least he isn't belting people.

I will say this with the current talent if he can't win a flag in the next 3 seasons then it was a fail imo
Gets embarrassed quite a bit to be honest

Gets embarrassed quite a bit to be honest

yep, But I guess finals losses always sting? just we have more shockers than good finals wins in his 24 finals imo

But then again some coaches never make it .

If you told me we could have had someone better then that's different I guess,

yep, But I guess finals losses always sting? just we have more shockers than good finals wins in his 24 finals imo

But then again some coaches never make it .

If you told me we could have had someone better then that's different I guess,
Good wins last year , just that gf performance brings it right back

2017 cats murdered us

2018 gws murdered us

Did we have talented lists?

2012-2017 weren't we carried by Buddy and JPK?

2018 weren't we supposed to have started our rebuild already by that point rather than trying for finals?

2021 wasn't our team full of holes that needed to be filled during trade period?

Sorry for asking. Just trying to keep up with the goalposts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back