Horsham District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you open your eyes MOTHMAN you will see back a page there is a list of favorites.
As a keen observer of local country footy, I believe that both of the Hurly boys at GtWestern go well but the coach Dale is an exceptional player. Even though he is so loyal to his local club, and you should take your hat off to him for that, but It would have been great to see him last more than one year at trying his luck in the wimmera league for Stawell, where he won the Club B&F. :thumbsu:

Now Paul lets not start throwing stones, after the call you made in the rooms after Saturdays game you should not be making fun of others!!

How do you think your missus will take it if she finds out that you basically implied that after the first 2 babies she has had she now has a box like a basketball ring!! :D:p

ANY TRUTH TO THE RUMOUR THAT MICHAEL WALSH HAS A HABIT OF DEFACATING IN HIS PANTS WHEN HE IS INTOXICATED.APPARENTLY HE IS GOING TO GET A JOB FOR TELSTRA LAYING CABLES EVERYWHERE ESPECIALLY IN HIS PANTS

Hey lads, Just out of interest, how do you think tatyoon would fare in you league? from what youve heard, possibly seen

As a keen observer of local country footy, I believe that both of the Hurly boys at GtWestern go well but the coach Dale is an exceptional player. Even though he is so loyal to his local club, and you should take your hat off to him for that, but It would have been great to see him last more than one year at trying his luck in the wimmera league for Stawell, where he won the Club B&F. :thumbsu:

Both Hurley boys are playing well and keeping the side within a chance of making the finals. I understand why he left its probaby because stawell is such a clicky/ snoby club and you have to be in the inner circle to get anything out off the club. there would be no doubt that he would be in the top 3 players even in the side they have this year.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on more teams joining this league? Its a known fact that the Mallee League is just about finished, would Beulah and Jeparit/Rainbow be welcome or even Hopetoun (may be getting a bit far). JR were rumoured to be heading that way a few years ago but it never eventuated. Beulah have recruited the likes of Heard and Hallam, maybe setting themselves up for next year or the year after?!?

Hey lads, Just out of interest, how do you think tatyoon would fare in you league? from what youve heard, possibly seen
OK, in the interest of this sight, and the hope that it can get back to talking footy, Ill take the bait and throw my opinion to the wolves, knowing the taty boys have set this up.
In short I believe that Tatyoon would be a top 5 side on this years form.
However, it is really hard to tell when the general concensus is that the MDFL has dropped dramatically this year. After speaking with a umpire that officiates in both the MDFL & LPFL, he believes that the Ararat Eagles would finish top 3 in the MDFL despite not winning a game in the LPFL! This makes a good call hard to make but Tatyonns form is so hard to read when they dont appear to have any opposition. And without naming names, cause I dont believe in degrading players ability, I feel that there is a couple of senior players in Tatyoons side, in prominate positions, who I dont really rate, my opinion only.
Maybe the only way to find out would be to introduce a champions leauge after the local grand finals ala europe soccor, but lets be honest, I can't see teams cutting short celebrations for more footy. But this is the only way we would ever know, so the debate will rage on.

I see Sam Pitman played seniors on the weekend for the western. how did he go and where did he play.
Yeah Funky has played a couple of games now, mainly as a pinch hitter in the forward line. However injuries are never far away with constant niggles with his groin and calf in particular giving him trouble and requiring good management. Still very classy and dangerous though!!

OK, in the interest of this sight, and the hope that it can get back to talking footy, Ill take the bait and throw my opinion to the wolves, knowing the taty boys have set this up.
In short I believe that Tatyoon would be a top 5 side on this years form.
However, it is really hard to tell when the general concensus is that the MDFL has dropped dramatically this year. After speaking with a umpire that officiates in both the MDFL & LPFL, he believes that the Ararat Eagles would finish top 3 in the MDFL despite not winning a game in the LPFL! This makes a good call hard to make but Tatyonns form is so hard to read when they dont appear to have any opposition. And without naming names, cause I dont believe in degrading players ability, I feel that there is a couple of senior players in Tatyoons side, in prominate positions, who I dont really rate, my opinion only.
Maybe the only way to find out would be to introduce a champions leauge after the local grand finals ala europe soccor, but lets be honest, I can't see teams cutting short celebrations for more footy. But this is the only way we would ever know, so the debate will rage on.

So jimjim have you seen tatyoon play this year or have you only heard. By saying ararat eagles would finish top 3 in the mininera is utter rubbish. I would like to put my money on moyston beating the eagles and moyston wont be top 5 in the mininera. I would think the spine of taty would be pretty strong - c. milne played good senior football in the wimmera, andy tucker played in the murray league and did well. a healey played years of wimmera football - a. jenkins played key position in a few leagues and tim barr who if you ask doug walton is a great player and would walk up in any of his teams

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on more teams joining this league? Its a known fact that the Mallee League is just about finished, would Beulah and Jeparit/Rainbow be welcome or even Hopetoun (may be getting a bit far). JR were rumoured to be heading that way a few years ago but it never eventuated. Beulah have recruited the likes of Heard and Hallam, maybe setting themselves up for next year or the year after?!?

Good question you've put forward there LEIGH!! If the Mallee league were to dispand then the teams out of that league would have to find a home anyway and with the ones that you have mentioned joining the HDFL would only further strenthen a considerably strong league now anyway. Obviously the big factor would be the travel for those sides of a considerable distance from those towns. Therefore this is then where the VCFL IMO would need to step in and restructure some of the other district leagues around the state to compensate for this!! Have a look at post No. #517 on this thread and IMO I honestly believe that in regards to the HDFL, MDFL and the LPFL, that this is what needs to happen!! :thumbsu:

Good question you've put forward there LEIGH!! If the Mallee league were to dispand then the teams out of that league would have to find a home anyway and with the ones that you have mentioned joining the HDFL would only further strenthen a considerably strong league now anyway. Obviously the big factor would be the travel for those sides of a considerable distance from those towns. Therefore this is then where the VCFL IMO would need to step in and restructure some of the other district leagues around the state to compensate for this!! Have a look at post No. #517 on this thread and IMO I honestly believe that in regards to the HDFL, MDFL and the LPFL, that this is what needs to happen!! :thumbsu:

Not only in regards to those three leagues, the VCFL need to take a state wide approach. Can't understand the logic of some leauges having 6 teams while others have 13 and don't play each other twice. Maybe even time to look at having divisions where teams are relegated and promoted in areas where teams are abundant.

Magic, i think you take this a bit too seriously and spend far too much time on here! The standard has dropped in the Mininera and tatyoon are there to get the rewards! There are players out there who are playing seniors now on a regular basis who couldn't get a senior game a few years back! Like yourself Magic, either the standard has dropped back to your level or you have got good, and i can't see you getting good![/quote]

Mate i dont get defensive i just say it how it is!! yes the mininera league has dropped off conciderably. But the taty side is a good side. Well drilled team that do all the right things. Thats getting a bit personal. Why wouldnt you see magic getting any good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But in hindsight i do agree that the eagles wouldnt finish top 3 in the MDFL

As Jimbob mentioned this debate will go on through history and who knows may never ever be tested, unless the VCFL ever makes a tough call and restructures the district leagues before there is a loss in more clubs throughout the state!! However in mind of the question that has been floated about, IMO I believe that Tatyoon would be more than competitive in the HDFL and would hold their own and would at least be a top 5 side!! :thumbsu:

Not only in regards to those three leagues, the VCFL need to take a state wide approach. Can't understand the logic of some leauges having 6 teams while others have 13 and don't play each other twice. Maybe even time to look at having divisions where teams are relegated and promoted in areas where teams are abundant.

Joey, the knowledge you have of our great game and the ideas you put forward r just amazing sometimes!! :p

I couldn't agree with you anymore on that tho buddy!! Having a division set up would no doubt even thingz out more for the struggling sides. There are obviously going to be sides that no matter wat league or divisions they play in will struggle, however there is merit in the VCFL looking into the Division set up!! Also for the sides that succeed in their division, well they then get rewarded and the chance to test themselves the year after by going up a division!

So howz the footy going up your way mate, getting a kick?? Dont know whether or not you have heard but the great man Kossi has returned 9 goals in the last 2 games for the magoo's. Also hear you were down GW way on Sunday!! :thumbsu:

So howz the footy going up your way mate, getting a kick?? Dont know whether or not you have heard but the great man Kossi has returned 9 goals in the last 2 games for the magoo's. Also hear you were down GW way on Sunday!! :thumbsu:

Yes I was down on the weekend to have the hand brake removed. Off the leash for two weeks, mate. You need to send Kossi for a stint down back so the Horse Whisper can continue to vie for the leading goal kicker of the twos. GW two's historically have had great success with slow gingas down back, could be the turning point of the season.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of Josh Hamilton? He played in Horshams granny win in 03 and now is only playing with Kalkee 2nds, playing a couple of games in the seniors..

Just wondering if anyone has heard of Josh Hamilton? He played in Horshams granny win in 03 and now is only playing with Kalkee 2nds, playing a couple of games in the seniors..

Hammo had a few years off footy after the flag win, maybe played a few games over the 4 years. Now playing at kalkee with all his mates only come about round 6 or 7 good player if trains would be in the 1s all the time. Good Player

So jimjim have you seen tatyoon play this year or have you only heard. By saying ararat eagles would finish top 3 in the mininera is utter rubbish. I would like to put my money on moyston beating the eagles and moyston wont be top 5 in the mininera. I would think the spine of taty would be pretty strong - c. milne played good senior football in the wimmera, andy tucker played in the murray league and did well. a healey played years of wimmera football - a. jenkins played key position in a few leagues and tim barr who if you ask doug walton is a great player and would walk up in any of his teams
results speak for themselves and i think tatyoon would be a top 3 side in the hdfl,they do have some quality players that have played major league and have results ie james milne walton healy MY OPINION

Big thumbs up to Nati after today. First win for several years, hopefully this can help turn things around for the boys. Would've been a few blokes strugglen to remember the song down there, but good on 'em anyway!

WHATS PEOPLES THOUGHTS (EXCEPT MIGHTY ROAR)OF THIS WEEKS MATCH OF THE ROUND BETWEEN GT WESTERN AND stawell swifts,WORD IS SWIFTS HAVE LOST A COUPLE..

WHATS PEOPLES THOUGHTS (EXCEPT MIGHTY ROAR)OF THIS WEEKS MATCH OF THE ROUND BETWEEN GT WESTERN AND stawell swifts,WORD IS SWIFTS HAVE LOST A COUPLE..

Great western are no good! Just like you Beton! Go back to warming the pine and sitting along side your mate David Law!

Great western are no good! Just like you Beton! Go back to warming the pine and sitting along side your mate David Law!
Typical response..Didnt you understand the Question,im after thoughts of the game not whats in you twisted deluded head....

If GW beat Swifts and Rup on the run home, will this see them into the 5?
Or will it only help to boost the old nemisis N/Q (who seem to have a good draw left) into finals action??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back