Horsham District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Britten will coach Stawell Swifts in 2008, first crack at senior coaching about time coz he has easily been the most consistant player the baggies have had since joining the HDFL

PREMIERSHIP ODDS FOR 2008 ANY THOUGHTS:
Harrow balmoral $3.00
Laharum $5.00
Kalkee $7.50
NoradjuaQuontong $12.00
Pimpinio $15.00
Western $18.00
Edenhope $25.00
Rupinyup $35.00
Taylors Lake $150.00
Natimuk $300.00
Stawell swifts $500.00/1,
Meggsy Field is at $4.20 to drink the Great Western PUb out of JIM BEAM by Round 7.
And the great man M****L J W***h is at $1.25 to dump on someones front lawn before round1.

The great man M****** J W***H is now into $1.08 to lay cables on someones yard.

LOOK FORWARD TO CATCHING YA AT END OF SEASON MATE I'LL HAVE 100 ON SWIFTS TO FINISH HIGHER THEN TAYLORS LAKE, NATIMUK, GREAT WESTERN, RUPANYUP, EDENHOPE ASPLEY.
FAIR DINKUM HOW CAN YOU HAVE THE WESTERN PAYIN 18.00 WHEN WE SMASHED EM TWICE LAST YEAR, WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS TRIPE

LOOK FORWARD TO CATCHING YA AT END OF SEASON MATE I'LL HAVE 100 ON SWIFTS TO FINISH HIGHER THEN TAYLORS LAKE, NATIMUK, GREAT WESTERN, RUPANYUP, EDENHOPE ASPLEY.
FAIR DINKUM HOW CAN YOU HAVE THE WESTERN PAYIN 18.00 WHEN WE SMASHED EM TWICE LAST YEAR, WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS TRIPE

dont get offended buddy that i pick swifties to finish in bottom3.with all there depatures it is looking a possibility.good luck to j britten a long season ahead....

Sonny Walton to coach Great Western for the 08 season. Massive coin
I saw Walton play for the 1st time in the MDFL GF and he was B.O.G by a mile, I also asked around about him and have been told by several football people around Ararat that he is a very good player, but the clubs he has coached previously had to buy extra ropes to tie down all the loose cannons. Anyway goodluck.:rolleyes:

Well thats bullshit cause i no benny scott and the brothers well ben wil lonly leave swifts if he gets a job at the mind and even then want play for warriors... and for the brothers they will play with ben but if he leaves they might to

good call mate , was announced yesterday that ben scott assistant at warriers

good call mate , was announced yesterday that ben scott assistant at warriers

i know benny pretty well nothing finalised yet although looks very likely, another big loss will be his brother damien who looks very likely to be heading out the road to coach navarre's seniors in the LPFL, lets see if jamie britten can change their minds

i know benny pretty well nothing finalised yet although looks very likely, another big loss will be his brother damien who looks very likely to be heading out the road to coach navarre's seniors in the LPFL, lets see if jamie britten can change their minds

What about paul jones and ricky whitehead to the ararat eagles both as assistants.can u confirm that jerkalenko or is that crap as well.those odds i gave for SWIFTS are lookin pretty good at this stage.oh i forgot about the mcdonald brothers wont be at swifts either.

I saw Walton play for the 1st time in the MDFL GF and he was B.O.G by a mile, I also asked around about him and have been told by several football people around Ararat that he is a very good player, but the clubs he has coached previously had to buy extra ropes to tie down all the loose cannons. Anyway goodluck.:rolleyes:

Can cofirm that sonny walton signed yesterday as senoir coach at great Western,hopefully he can bring a couple of good pick ups with him and have a good 2008.

Nathan (beanbag)shalders has been spotted running along the western highway near gt western,rumour is he looks like Derek Kickett from that Charity game he played in this year....

Can cofirm that sonny walton signed yesterday as senoir coach at great Western,hopefully he can bring a couple of good pick ups with him and have a good 2008.

Nathan (beanbag)shalders has been spotted running along the western highway near gt western,rumour is he looks like Derek Kickett from that Charity game he played in this year....
You seem to know whats going on beton, what are your sources?, My sources tell me that it is not uncommon for walton to sign with a club one week and turn around and sign with another one a week later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to know whats going on beton, what are your sources?, My sources tell me that it is not uncommon for walton to sign with a club one week and turn around and sign with another one a week later.

I dont know waltons history but i can tell you he will be a great addition to there midfield.my source was a commitee member of western.

sometimes i talk a bit of crap but when i state facts they are usually right...hopefully...

I can confirm 100% that Sonny has signed as coach for the Western for season 2008.

Now in Sonny's defence, I have known him for a few years now and can say that over the past couple of years he has maturied a great deal and is ready to take that next step and get back into coaching again!! He will be a great asset for the Lions as he is a quality player and showed that in last years MDFL Grand Final!

I think people are too quick to point the finger at Sonny because of his past doings!! Admittedly he didn't do himself too many favours in regards to what happened at Natimuk, however having spoken to him in relation to it, I think you'll find that there was more to it and that he left the club for personal reasons!! Not saying that what he did was right however we all make mistakes and I think Sonny has learnt from them over the years and will be a good coach for the Lions!! People jump to conclusions to easy on what they hear, which by the time it goes thru a hundred people, well it certainly has been blown out of context by the time it gets to that last person!!

Also, people hold it against Sonny because of his associates and although this is a choice of Sonny's who he associates with, I think you'll find that Sonny wont be bringing any of the bad eggs with him to the Western, as he knows who these are and is aware of the culture at the Western and that that wont be tolerated!!

In relation to the Great Man Beton's post with the predictions of next seasons flag odds, I give him credit for having a crack at it cause it sure does open up for a lot of great discussion!! In relation to the Baggies, well Jenkalenko45 I think he might be nearly spot on, maybe a little too generous in fact!! If rumours run true and these are more fact than rumour then the Stawell Swifts will not only loose a large number of players but quality ones in that!! Too many people like yourself live in the past, who cares if the Swifts beat the Lions twice last season, that means jack shit for the up and coming season if you loose all your quality players!! :thumbsu:

I can confirm 100% that Sonny has signed as coach for the Western for season 2008.

Now in Sonny's defence, I have known him for a few years now and can say that over the past couple of years he has maturied a great deal and is ready to take that next step and get back into coaching again!! He will be a great asset for the Lions as he is a quality player and showed that in last years MDFL Grand Final!

I think people are too quick to point the finger at Sonny because of his past doings!! Admittedly he didn't do himself too many favours in regards to what happened at Natimuk, however having spoken to him in relation to it, I think you'll find that there was more to it and that he left the club for personal reasons!! Not saying that what he did was right however we all make mistakes and I think Sonny has learnt from them over the years and will be a good coach for the Lions!! People jump to conclusions to easy on what they hear, which by the time it goes thru a hundred people, well it certainly has been blown out of context by the time it gets to that last person!!

Also, people hold it against Sonny because of his associates and although this is a choice of Sonny's who he associates with, I think you'll find that Sonny wont be bringing any of the bad eggs with him to the Western, as he knows who these are and is aware of the culture at the Western and that that wont be tolerated!!

In relation to the Great Man Beton's post with the predictions of next seasons flag odds, I give him credit for having a crack at it cause it sure does open up for a lot of great discussion!! In relation to the Baggies, well Jenkalenko45 I think he might be nearly spot on, maybe a little too generous in fact!! If rumours run true and these are more fact than rumour then the Stawell Swifts will not only loose a large number of players but quality ones in that!! Too many people like yourself live in the past, who cares if the Swifts beat the Lions twice last season, that means jack shit for the up and coming season if you loose all your quality players!! :thumbsu:

So who are these bad eggs that he associates with? big call by the western on this! good luck to sonny

Who would have thought that an old Prestige boy would be teaming up with Great Western?? But times change and hopefully this can bring some more success for the Lions..
Any other news on the current playing list, particularly Hurls, is he staying on??
Was he asked to give up the coaching or wanting to step aside after a few years in charge to help the club improve further??

What about paul jones and ricky whitehead to the ararat eagles both as assistants.can u confirm that jerkalenko or is that crap as well.those odds i gave for SWIFTS are lookin pretty good at this stage.oh i forgot about the mcdonald brothers wont be at swifts either.

nothing confirmed yet on mcdonalds yet rumours have it they will join stawell in comin weeks, jamie britten is havin meeting with them in coming days. jones no loss considering he played bout 7 games last season although he is very good on gettin blokes fit so a big loss on that side and whitehead well i wouldn't hold my breath on anything with him though!!

In relation to the Great Man Beton's post with the predictions of next seasons flag odds, I give him credit for having a crack at it cause it sure does open up for a lot of great discussion!! In relation to the Baggies, well Jenkalenko45 I think he might be nearly spot on, maybe a little too generous in fact!! If rumours run true and these are more fact than rumour then the Stawell Swifts will not only loose a large number of players but quality ones in that!! Too many people like yourself live in the past, who cares if the Swifts beat the Lions twice last season, that means jack shit for the up and coming season if you loose all your quality players!!

if the rumour mill which seems to be your favorite 'source of crap' great western will be folding through lack of players commiting to play with walton coaching. great western folding now wouldn't that be a shame! NOT BLOODY LIKELY

In relation to the Great Man Beton's post with the predictions of next seasons flag odds, I give him credit for having a crack at it cause it sure does open up for a lot of great discussion!! In relation to the Baggies, well Jenkalenko45 I think he might be nearly spot on, maybe a little too generous in fact!! If rumours run true and these are more fact than rumour then the Stawell Swifts will not only loose a large number of players but quality ones in that!! Too many people like yourself live in the past, who cares if the Swifts beat the Lions twice last season, that means jack shit for the up and coming season if you loose all your quality players!!

if the rumour mill which seems to be your favorite 'source of crap' great western will be folding through lack of players commiting to play with walton coaching. great western folding now wouldn't that be a shame! NOT BLOODY LIKELY

I think sonny will be a great addittion to the western playing group,premiership experince,great skills,good bloke and i hope he sticks it up some of you blokes that keep giving it 2 him on this forum.
it you had half the ability of sonny JERKALENKO youd be a half desent player,by the way good luck to swifts next year cause there gonna need it.....

I think sonny will be a great addittion to the western playing group,premiership experince,great skills,good bloke and i hope he sticks it up some of you blokes that keep giving it 2 him on this forum.
it you had half the ability of sonny JERKALENKO youd be a half desent player,by the way good luck to swifts next year cause there gonna need it.....

jerkalenko geez your clever mate. good bloke? what are you on and the only reason he has premiership experince is that he picks the only side in one of the weakest leagues in vic that are any chance of winning the flag. instead of worrying about my skills mate why dont you just concentrate on gettin a kick yourself!!

Taylors Lake have signed Jason Weir from Horsham Saints and Paul Brooks, who coached Rup to three flags in the mid-90s.

jerkalenko geez your clever mate. good bloke? what are you on and the only reason he has premiership experince is that he picks the only side in one of the weakest leagues in vic that are any chance of winning the flag. instead of worrying about my skills mate why dont you just concentrate on gettin a kick yourself!!

Thats a bit tough mate. Maybe Tatyoon just had a really strong team. There are alot worse league than the mininera. Sonny is a very good player but he needs other good players to give him the ball. The great western ground wont suite him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back