WSYD How are GWS going off the field?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that counting both the Fox League and Gen ratings?

Also Storm got flogged in that final and Collingwood v GWS was close. Even as a die-hard Storm fan I was flicking so I don't think that night was the best comparison.

Look how NRL GFs featuring the Storm have gone in Melbourne.

Storm are very strong but we are getting off topic.

No we are on topic since you made the comparison.

Storm aren't far above the giants in sydney

Storm have been in Melbourne for a quarter of a century with multiple premierships and the only leagues club in their town ,or even both Rugbys if the rumours are true about the Rebels.
Hardly a comparison.
Fair enough I'm nit saying it's the best comparison but interesting how Storm compare against the Sydney NRL clubs

No we are on topic since you made the comparison.

Storm aren't far above the giants in sydney
Yup fair enough. Wasn't blaming you for derailing it apologies if it came across that way and now that I think about it maybe it's not that off topic

However without pretending to know the Western Sydney sporting market well I think Melbourne is a very different market.

I find it intesting that Storm out crowd all the Western Sydney NRL teams which us meant to be Rugby league heartland.

I feel even tho people might follow their is a high respect for Storm and all they have achieved by thr Melbourne public. Don't know whether the Giants have that respect in Sydney, not saying they don't deserve it tho.

Not sure what bubble you living in but everyone knew Slater Smith Cronk and even now everyone knows Pappy, Munster etc.

I love Aussie rules way more but that's a ridiculous comment.
How is it a ridiculous comment when it's true of me and the people I know? Not sure who Pappy or Munster are, I've heard them name Munster before but wouldn't have known he was a Storm player.

Storm have been in Melbourne for a quarter of a century with multiple premierships and the only leagues club in their town ,or even both Rugbys if the rumours are true about the Rebels.
Hardly a comparison.

I read somewhere recently in their 25 years Melbourne Storm have only brought in 5 Victorian born and bred players.

So far the main effect has been the Swans are even Bigger than before the Giants arrived. Swans have 50,000 plus Members already.
In the end it's all about the Rivalry. When you throw in the Giants membership 20,000 plus... There are approx 60,000 to 70,000 people in NSW who are Members of an AFL Club... That is significant compared to pre the Giants....

So far the main effect has been the Swans are even Bigger than before the Giants arrived. Swans have 50,000 plus Members already.
In the end it's all about the Rivalry. When you throw in the Giants membership 20,000 plus... There are approx 60,000 to 70,000 people in NSW who are Members of an AFL Club... That is significant compared to pre the Giants....
Funnily enough when the Swans voted against our entry, thanks by the way Swans fans, their only concern was butchering their fan base. Turns out didn't harm it at all. The opposite in fact.

Not sure what bubble you living in but everyone knew Slater Smith Cronk and even now everyone knows Pappy, Munster etc.

I know the names. Couldn't pick them out of a line up if my life depended on it.

How is it a ridiculous comment when it's true of me and the people I know? Not sure who Pappy or Munster are, I've heard them name Munster before but wouldn't have known he was a Storm player.
I didn't follow Rugby League before Storm came in but still knew the name Mal Maninga for instance.

Melbourne and Victoria for that matter definitely knew the names Slater Smith and probably Cronk just like another poster mentioned moat people in Western Sydney know Toby Greene.

Yes I could believe the occasional person hasn't heard of them but saying 'no one I know has heard of them' is either a massive exaggeration or someone just trying to code bash.

I read somewhere recently in their 25 years Melbourne Storm have only brought in 5 Victorian born and bred players.
Might be 1 ir 2 mire but that's about right but that's a whole different issues.

AFL = 9 offices in NSW and 1 in Canberra

NRL Victoria I believe have 9 staff members

It's not Stormd fault and just another example of why the AFL is a mile in front despite what delusional V'Landys may think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be 1 ir 2 mire but that's about right but that's a whole different issues.

AFL = 9 offices in NSW and 1 in Canberra

NRL Victoria I believe have 9 staff members

It's not Stormd fault and just another example of why the AFL is a mile in front despite what delusional V'Landys may think.

It is why I wish the AFL would do a proper NSW vs QLD state of origin as it would be such a marketing win to show all these players who are from these states playing in the one game, something the NRL can't do with a Victorian team.

I mean

B: Cunningham, Murray, H.Himmelberg
HB: Perryman, Buckley, Blakey
C: Gulden, Mills, Smith
HF: Bruest, Walker, Heeney
F: Schultz, Hawkins, Finlayson
Foll: Witts, Hopper, Kennedy
Int: Briggs, Campbell, Marshall, Duryea

that is not a bad team, though could use some better key defenders.

It is why I wish the AFL would do a proper NSW vs QLD state of origin as it would be such a marketing win to show all these players who are from these states playing in the one game, something the NRL can't do with a Victorian team.

I mean

Umm missing one big Tom Green 😉

I didn't follow Rugby League before Storm came in but still knew the name Mal Maninga for instance.

Melbourne and Victoria for that matter definitely knew the names Slater Smith and probably Cronk just like another poster mentioned moat people in Western Sydney know Toby Greene.

Yes I could believe the occasional person hasn't heard of them but saying 'no one I know has heard of them' is either a massive exaggeration or someone just trying to code bash.
Are Slater and Smith still playing?

I didn't say no one has heard of them, I said of the people I know, I doubt any could name a current player.

I didn't say no one has heard of them, I said of the people I know, I doubt any could name a current player.
You said 'don't know anyone who would be able to name a single player'

Even if we go with current players very few people in Melbourne especially sports fans wouldn't know Munster or Pappy.

I don't follow soccer but I can still name a few players from the Melbourne clubs like McLaren, Risdon, Formarouli

You said 'don't know anyone who would be able to name a single player'

Even if we go with current players very few people in Melbourne especially sports fans wouldn't know Munster or Pappy.
Yes exactly, I don't know anyone who would be able to, I wasn't talking about past players. I've already responded to your second sentence.

I mean

Dougal Howard?

I don't know who those people are, and in all my years living in Melbourne never met a single person who had ever attended a Melbourne Storm game or could even tell you the difference between rugby league and rugby union.

I don't know who those people are, and in all my years living in Melbourne never met a single person who had ever attended a Melbourne Storm game or could even tell you the difference between rugby league and rugby union.
Either living in a bubble or just wanting to code bash

Yes exactly, I don't know anyone who would be able to, I wasn't talking about past players. I've already responded to your second sentence.
I don't find that believable. As mentioned in my other post I don't follow soccer but can name at least 1 player from each Melbourne A-League team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back