How are you celebrating the good times?

Remove this Banner Ad

They thought they were hard done by and would automatically make the 8.

We recruited no one except for Burgess whilst losing McAdam and Doedee.

The club and players spoke like finals was just going to happen but add the Freo loss next week and then the Dees and reality has set in.

The AFL competition does not sit still.

The club are ****ed. Nicks is ****ed. Ogilvie and his lack of midfield drafting are ****ed. Our cheerleading supporters are ****ed. You get what you deserve when you are muppets.

Picks 5 and 6 on small forwards and yet we still need Murphy in the side. Explain that.

Picks 5 and 6 on small forwards and yet we still need Murphy in the side. Explain that.
When he ran back with the flight of the ball and nearly KO'd himself in an ultimately ineffectual effort in Q4, our coaching box would have been in raptures

That moment will get replayed on loop to the whole squad all week. We may even cancel training to fit in more clip watching

I start with it with it won’t happen and say at best I believe we will be 3-7 at best. So I don’t expect us to be 0-10, but our draw is very challenging considering we aren’t playing well.
Our fixture was challenging even before we showed up playing like garbage.

After the no-goal-no-finals-for-you-ha-ha debacle we sure told the AFL what's what about this year's fixture. :neutral:

We got some good money-maker time slots which is what the club would have been asking for, but the fixture sure is difficult. A nice cushy first round game at home against the wooden spooners would have been nice for instance. :) Playing as bad as we are, it still would have been a win to instil some confidence.

Everyone at the club has been very clear: they did very well last year and this year is bringing in the bacon.

How are you celebrating the wonderful success of our club, which doesn't ever need to ever present itself in results. Extensions all-around!!!

Every unelected member of the board needs to extend themselves by another ten years. It’s the honourable thing to do.

I'm enjoying the fact I'm no longer invested in the outcome of Crows games as losses are expected rather than disappointing, frees up a lot of emotional space.
2017 did that for me. Took me a while to get over the GF loss and I think it broke part of me, but in a good way.

Since then Crows losses don't affect my mood in a negative way. I have maybe a 5-10 minute decompress after the game then it's on to the next thing. If we have a good win, then yeah I'm up and about. But a loss doesn't change my weekend. We're basically at the stage now where I expect to be let down so when it inevitably happens, it's just par.

It might sound weird but it's like a disconnect. Of course I want us to win, but I'm not on the field. If they lose what should be a winnable game, why should I feel bad when they're the ones that suck?

2017 did that for me. Took me a while to get over the GF loss and I think it broke part of me, but in a good way.

Since then Crows losses don't affect my mood in a negative way. I have maybe a 5-10 minute decompress after the game then it's on to the next thing. If we have a good win, then yeah I'm up and about. But a loss doesn't change my weekend. We're basically at the stage now where I expect to be let down so when it inevitably happens, it's just par.

It might sound weird but it's like a disconnect. Of course I want us to win, but I'm not on the field. If they lose what should be a winnable game, why should I feel bad when they're the ones that suck?
One thing losing takes away from me is my reluctance to engage in any footy media or forum chat.

When we win I like to bask in the glory, but when we lose the toxic garbage comes out in force (and rightfully so) and doesn't entice engagement.

I was so optimistic two weeks ago, couldn't wait for the season to start, and now I couldn't give a s**t about the next 20-odd rounds of footy.

Very depressing, but here we are again, for the 26th year in a row.

I am sure they will tease me back to think 'can we?' only to be let down once more.

Wally world here we come!
National Lampoons Vacation Clark Griswold GIF

One thing losing takes away from me is my reluctance to engage in any footy media or forum chat.

When we win I like to bask in the glory, but when we lose the toxic garbage comes out in force (and rightfully so) and doesn't entice engagement.

I was so optimistic two weeks ago, couldn't wait for the season to start, and now I couldn't give a s**t about the next 20-odd rounds of footy.

Very depressing, but here we are again, for the 26th year in a row.

I am sure they will tease me back to think 'can we?' only to be let down once more.
Its no coincidence that the week we resign Nicks he puts in arguably his worst coaching performance of recent times said in the context of the squad available, where the game was and who the opponent was. He coached like a man that has no worries in his immediate future...lackadaisical and lacking in real effort

But he made sure to tell us Stewart is a very good player...a very very good player..that we had no plan B, C or D for.

Everyone at the club has been very clear: they did very well last year and this year is bringing in the bacon.

How are you celebrating the wonderful success of our club, which doesn't ever need to ever present itself in results. Extensions all-around!!!
I'm planning on taking out a full page advert in the Tiser to celebrate our website clicks which are up by 7%.
What an achievement. What a club.

Our fixture was challenging even before we showed up playing like garbage.

After the no-goal-no-finals-for-you-ha-ha debacle we sure told the AFL what's what about this year's fixture. :neutral:

We got some good money-maker time slots which is what the club would have been asking for, but the fixture sure is difficult. A nice cushy first round game at home against the wooden spooners would have been nice for instance. :) Playing as bad as we are, it still would have been a win to instil some confidence.
Away Vs a team that has already played (only us an North hit with that)
Home to Geelong. Should win, but never an easy beat team.
Away to Fremantle. Not easy.
Then home for a Thursday night game against Melbourne.

The last two seem ok, except, we travel and play Friday night. Then travel back Saturday.
Melbourne play in Adelaide against Port and so will probably stay here for the week.
It means that in the 'extra' game we get at home, we somehow end up the team that travels...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I no longer criticise the club anymore because according to the clowns on Facebook anyone who dares to criticise the club needs go and support the mob down the road.

When he ran back with the flight of the ball and nearly KO'd himself in an ultimately ineffectual effort in Q4, our coaching box would have been in raptures

That moment will get replayed on loop to the whole squad all week. We may even cancel training to fit in more clip watching
The wisdom according to Camporeale....." If only we had 22 David McKay's in the side"

I'm just on the verge of hate watching. You know that point where you're kind of hoping it goes badly so everyone gets sacked? Just about there now.
Yep. The emotion has gone out of watching them.

Used to rant and rave at the TV but watching them on Friday night, wasn't getting angry or upset 'cause I knew what was unfurling in front of me and ultimately, I knew what was going to happen.

I just seem to be resigned to the fact that it' s the 'same old same old' routine from the playing group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back