How will these Demons go in 05???

Remove this Banner Ad

.D9.

Debutant
Dec 1, 2004
Other Teams
Mighty Pies
First of all I would like to say I was extremely sorry to hear of the fate of Troy Broadbridge. May he rest in peace. :(

I run a competition called the Super League which simulates AFL players redrafted into other sides, and a point system with the Champion Data system, and win loss with other competitors in the league.

Players I have from your side in my Super League are as follows;

Aaron Davey, Brad Green and Nathan Carrol

Davey should have another impressive season. Hopefully he won't get injured again and won't miss a few games. Expect him to get around the 30 goal mark again, whilst getting about 10 touches a match. Doesn't take many marks, but gets a few tackles and smothers every now and then.

Green apparently had OP late last season so hopefully he is fully recovered and can play out a full season again on the wing. Will continue to kick goals, take marks and rack up possessions. Good choice, because he can have a blinder every now and then.

As for Carroll, I doubt he will get a game this year.

RIP Broady.

As for the side, we should finish around 4-10 in my opinion. Davey looks better than ever and pressure will be on him,Rivers and Miller to reproduce how they played last season. I'm not sure how our midfield will go without Ratten coaching it, as he had a big influence over players such as Bruce, Green etc etc and gave them a lot of confidence in themselves and this showed during the season. McLean was underrated last season and should get better this year. Our older players in Neitz,Yze,White etc etc should play well but White must reproduce another good season. Moloney should fit in well in the midfield and we will need him to be very hard at it, as that is what our midfield lacks most.
If we are going to peak fully it should be in 06, when Rivers and Miller are really starting to play like the stars they will be one day and our side will be very good. But a year or two is a long time in football, and this is only my opinion.
Go Dees 05!

Supermercado said:
Carroll will play a few games but it's make or break for him.

Then again I might be wrong and he could become the new Chris Lamb and be an emergency for the rest of his career.
Haha you always loved Chris Lamb didn't u! I saw him at macca's once during a footy season, no wonder he didn't make it eating fatty foods for lunch!

All 3 could go either way I'd reckon.

Green's been getting good opportunities on a wing & he's still a good goal kicker.

Flash could be anything, but can he avoid the 2nd year blues? Like Green he showed a bit on a wing as well, so he might get more time away from goal next season.

I don't rate Carroll, he has a go but never looks convincing. He'll struggle for a game unless he can improve his strength in contests.

green could be one of the best and most damaging attacking midfielders in the comp if he plays at his best. at a minimum he will atleast have one or 2 great games but i expect more.

davey, will be getting more attention this year and hopefully has another solid season, i'd be wanting 30 or so goals from him and hopefully a bag or 2 like he did against geelong.

carroll, will struggle to get a game with our new recruits and fergeson coming back.

i reckon i miller and rivers, probably 2 of our most important plays have good years then we wil be top 4 stuff

Davey will be good but probably wont score you well, but Green will score heaos for you and Carroll will play like 2 games in 2005

hello there! this is my first post so please go easy on me.

firstly, RIP Broady, you will be missed.

i've seen a lot written about melbourne's up and coming stars, mainly Green and Rivers, but what about the stars behind them like Bell? How will he go in '05? i've heard that he might be a chance for the rising star

If it's not too late, I'd jump off Nathan Carroll real quick - not likely to see much AFL action this year or any other. Green is a good investment, Davey more of a risk as he doesn't get a lot of stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back