Hume Football League 2016-2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith is off Moyhu in the Ovens and King along with Michael Kruen who is an assistant coach aswell which apparently is a big surprise to some power fans. How are Power looking this year? have they picked up anyone worth noting? I know they are currently in talks with a Wang Rovers midfielder but other then that haven't heard much?
yeah thought Smith would of stayed for another year as I'm pretty sure that's he's home club and they have recruited a few . him and Cowan might be hard to replace .

Last edited:
yeah thought Smith would of stayed for another year as I'm pretty sure that's he's home club and they have recruited a few . him and Cowan might be hard to replace .
I guess some blokes just can't resist the bugs bunny. $500 a game for smith mind you is hard to knock back, especially when you're a shire worker.

From what I've seen of Chris Pearce, he'd be lucky to knock the froth off a cappuccino!
Obviously you are getting Chris confused with Danny Williams.
Went down to BB training for a look last night, good numbers with Chris Pearce leading the running and looks like his added a few kilos of muscle, biggest arms at the club now Norris is gone. Pushing really hard for a senior gig this year after a break out year in the reserves last season.

I guess some blokes just can't resist the bugs bunny. $500 a game for smith mind you is hard to knock back, especially when you're a shire worker.
Yeah that's always good money in this day and age wished it was around when I was back playing 10years ago

Hearing that Kirk Wilson is back at Jindera.

Yep signed a while ago.

Can anyone shed any light on the word that the great former Hopper Brad Horn is heading to the BB Saints? Word has is that he was at Noreiul last night? That would be a great addition to an already imposing midfeild; Schilg, Brauer, Sedgewick, Oates, McCudden and Horn? They may be a sneaky chance to gain the services of ex O and M defender Alex Popko as well, who is looking like a machine after his overseas fitness regime.

Yep signed a while ago.

Can anyone shed any light on the word that the great former Hopper Brad Horn is heading to the BB Saints? Word has is that he was at Noreiul last night? That would be a great addition to an already imposing midfeild; Schilg, Brauer, Sedgewick, Oates, McCudden and Horn? They may be a sneaky chance to gain the services of ex O and M defender Alex Popko as well, who is looking like a machine after his overseas fitness regime.

No points system this year for BB saints I take it

Horn and Popko, good old family names from around Brock - Burrum area??? I don't think so.

And I suppose Oates, Johnson and Brockley are former juniors aswell

Very much so. Brock-Burrum this year are like Holbrooks Grand Final side in 2013 where it was made up completly of locals, former juniors or players who's grand fathers played for the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word on the street is crisis talks being held and it seems Rand Walbundrie and Walla are set to merge.

Anyone know much about this and where things are at?

Word on the street is crisis talks being held and it seems Rand Walbundrie and Walla are set to merge.

Anyone know much about this and where things are at?
For this year? Would be hard to get it done in time.
Walla do need to find a merger and that's no disrespect. I am from a club who has merged twice with three clubs.

For this year? Would be hard to get it done in time.
Walla do need to find a merger and that's no disrespect. I am from a club who has merged twice with three clubs.

Of course for this year! How would it be any harder than 2 clubs who are struggling to get numbers to fill a senior team each finding 50 senior players each for a squad?
Join together and they might nearly have 50 players between them. Sounds much easier to get done than 2 clubs folding!
(RW may just scrape through but Walla has maybe 5 senior players for both 1sts and 2nds at this stage)

Because the name needs to become incorporated, you need to seek approval from the league and then nsw- afl, insurances need to altered etc. it's more complicated than simply changing a name.
Unless, of course, Rwt and walla have had extraordinary general meetings to seek approval from the members already and already have the wheels in the motion.

Last edited:
Because the name needs to become incorporated, you need to seek approval from the league and then nsw- afl, insurances need to altered etc. it's more complicated than simply changing a name.
Unless, of course, Rwt and walla have had extraordinary general meetings to seek approval from the members already and already have the wheels in the motion.

As per the original post, they are having the meetings. The league also held one over it on Wednesday night.

So the merger between Rand/Walbundrie and Walla looks like going ahead for this season. Does this seem like the fairest way to do it? does losing the bye make a big difference to the structure of the league?

So the merger between Rand/Walbundrie and Walla looks like going ahead for this season. Does this seem like the fairest way to do it? does losing the bye make a big difference to the structure of the league?

Interested to know why RW are at this point. Seem to be flying throwing around cash 2 or 3 years ago.

They couldn't take the byes away now if the merger goes ahead surely. I know many players that book holidays as soon as the draw comes out. Will be a lot of annoyed people (wives) if draw is changed to exclude byes.

What's everyone's thoughts on the 2 clubs emerging ? I'm sure some
Clubs will be kicking themselves due to the fact that they would of had penciled in wins against both of them even clubs what we're lucky to play them twice could cost them . And can they have an impact with both sides put together ?

They couldn't take the byes away now if the merger goes ahead surely. I know many players that book holidays as soon as the draw comes out. Will be a lot of annoyed people (wives) if draw is changed to exclude byes.

Does the league really care about what trips people have planned? They need to worry about running the league, and at the moment they aren't doing a very good job of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back