Opinion IF Hardwick is our next senior coach...

Do you want Hardwick to be our next senior coach?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What do you think? Would you be in favour of this move? Is it a good outcome for our players? Will he bring us the success we so desperately want?

Share any and all of your opinions on Hardwick here.

What about Marc Lock!!! He is just been forgotten about!! Club Legend

I'm interested in whom Hardwick would bring in as his assistant coaches. I'd like to see Cotchin provide leadership to our leaders, but they may not be on as good terms as they once were.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm interested in whom Hardwick would bring in as his assistant coaches. I'd like to see Cotchin provide leadership to our leaders, but they may not be on as good terms as they once were.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cotchin and Zorko to teach them how to snipe

If i was a gold cost supporter

Hardwick - Head Coach
Caracella & Mini - Senior assistants
Grigg , Lambert , Rutten - assistants

I'm sure the AFL woudl help us out with an 'ambassador' role or two, but there is no was we'd get them in the soft cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance of that happening.
Still not sure we have Hardwick

Honestly, if a guy walks out because he's exhausted, I don't think recruiting him just a couple of months later is a great idea.

A change can be refreshing and all, but I'd want him to have at least 12 months to recharge, get the fire back, and WANT to coach rather than trying to hunt him down halfway around the world to drag him into the job.

I'm also not sure the gamestyle he had at Richmond would really suit us that well (I think we're a little more skill, a little less chaos), so it'd be interesting if he has more strings to his bow.

I'd still be happy to get him...A record like that is always a good thing, and will command respect, both in the playing group and more generally in the AFL world, but it's hardly a perfect fit/timing.

I'm sure the AFL woudl help us out with an 'ambassador' role or two, but there is no was we'd get them in the soft cap.
Eddie McGuire has reported tonight on NINE news that the AFL has rejected marketing money to be included in the coaching role.

Very interesting, I feel like the AFL have never liked Hardwick.
That's the way I felt as a Richmond supporter also didn't help that Hardwick talked s**t about Marvel Stadium.

What do you think? Would you be in favour of this move? Is it a good outcome for our players? Will he bring us the success we so desperately want?

Share any and all of your opinions on Hardwick here.
Unmatched Hardwick has a voice. Pulls a team in, in battle. He also needs peripherals in his match day department and a solid admin. It’s a big ask of him solely atm. Until all departments are on the same page it’s going to be a huge challenge

Unmatched Hardwick has a voice. Pulls a team in, in battle. He also needs peripherals in his match day department and a solid admin. It’s a big ask of him solely atm. Until all departments are on the same page it’s going to be a huge challenge
Well I think King is a decent assistant coach. But you’re right, Dimma needs support at all levels (player, coach, management).

But I’m just glad there is a positive vibe about the Suns (generally). It’s a big name to bring in. However, that comes with pressure to succeed—but that’s what everyone wants.

On a tangent, I think Hardwick coming to the Suns is a different prospect to someone like Clarkson at the North. It’s like a mini-reset for us without really losing anything, because we have better facilities and players, as well as coaches, than when we first started up or when Dew came in. We’re not trying to restart or rebuild, but rather continue to grow.

We all want Dimma to be the man. The stage is set. Gotta capitalise. Gonna take work.

We were 2-9 against top 8 teams this year. Dimma has a lot of "shiny toys" but he's got a long way to go, with very little leadership at the club. I'm probably still bitter about the end of our season but it's not just about the results, it's the 100m penalties, the melees where you grab someone's guernsey and make a scary face just to hand the opposition the ball, the lack of devestation about losing, the acceptance of mediocrity, it's a long, long way to go in a pretty even competition. We have the talent but inserting Dimma into the head coaching roll isn't going to do jack ny itself, the players have a lot of growing up to do this summer.

- guy who posts angry rants on the internet

with very little leadership at the club.

When nick maxwell retired from Collingwood he became leadership coach a couple days a week and game day runner at the giants could possibly be a good position for Cotchin and us. Wayne Campbell was also football boss at the giants at that time

Last edited:
When nick maxwell retired from Collingwood he became leadership coach a couple days a week and game day runner at the giants could possibly be a good position for Cotchin and us. Wayne Campbell was also football boss at the giants at that time
We had Reece Shaw as a runner, pretty handy.. but we need leadership amongst the players

Back