If Richmond were a horse, you'd shoot it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of horses, I reckon Hirdy put the harness on the wrong head.:)
2908.jpg

Richmond>Freo.
If any team deserves to go it is Freo, pathetic, insipid, worst culture in the AFL.
Destined to fail always.

Weren't they a lock in for the flag this year douche bag?

Looking back I can't work out who is the bigger rabble is tbh.

Yeah, i had basically no break from playing and coaching cricket into coaching junior footy this year. Running two account bases at work, i'm knackered to be honest. But, I'm off to Thailand with the family for two weeks at the start of May, so will be good to recharge the batteries.
I posted in a thread on the tigers board about this Port game in China. The AFL has no idea just how much trouble the game is in at grass roots level. Now i'm sure they will have some lap dog telling Gil ratings are up and girl participation numbers are up and gee it's great we have $4 pies, but, I'll give you a real snap shot of what's going on in the Latrobe Valley. In the Traralgon and District junior footy league, the season starts tomorrow and there are clubs still unable to fill teams in U10's through to U16's. In the Mid Gippsland Football league, there are 10 clubs. Of those ten clubs, only 5 will be able to have the numbers to field teams in the fourths. Now that's the future of our game we're talking. And the AFL want to waste money on bullshit overseas markets that will do nothing but piss money up against a wall. Infuriates me more than a Taylor Hunt turnover.
Back when I was young, I recall Morwell had something like 4 junior teams. Since then, one team went by the wayside and the Tigers merged with Youth Club.
My club Boolarra struggle to field Fourths and sometimes Thirds most years.

Yeah, i had basically no break from playing and coaching cricket into coaching junior footy this year. Running two account bases at work, i'm knackered to be honest. But, I'm off to Thailand with the family for two weeks at the start of May, so will be good to recharge the batteries.
I posted in a thread on the tigers board about this Port game in China. The AFL has no idea just how much trouble the game is in at grass roots level. Now i'm sure they will have some lap dog telling Gil ratings are up and girl participation numbers are up and gee it's great we have $4 pies, but, I'll give you a real snap shot of what's going on in the Latrobe Valley. In the Traralgon and District junior footy league, the season starts tomorrow and there are clubs still unable to fill teams in U10's through to U16's. In the Mid Gippsland Football league, there are 10 clubs. Of those ten clubs, only 5 will be able to have the numbers to field teams in the fourths. Now that's the future of our game we're talking. And the AFL want to waste money on bullshit overseas markets that will do nothing but piss money up against a wall. Infuriates me more than a Taylor Hunt turnover.

After 30 odd years away I came back to Vic about 5 years ago. Got to say I was really shocked by what had happened to Country Footbal, and TBH I think what's happening at the AFL has heck all to do with it.

The whole fabric has changed. Teams bumping from one league to another, either to "advance" themselves or being forced down. Young players cherry picking the League they play in for cash (and often moving to a LOWER standard for pay opportunities), the seemingly endless repetition of club pays money it can not afford to win a flag and two years later folds or merges. The obscenity of one and two game contracts for Fevola and the like.

It's as if country footy is doing everything it can to destroy any sense of identity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle12.14 (86) Port Adelaide9.15 (69)
DS 2:35pm

We are a rabble this year, but we have beaten three teams, Essendon, Brisbane and Adelaides second best side.

Doesn't change the fact that Fremantle have been a disaster since joining the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back