Inexcusable - this just sums up 2009 ....

Remove this Banner Ad

revenge is ever soo sweet
how does it feel now
Yea it is, especially when you finish smashing your club by 50 points, made me sleep better last night. How did it feel to you?

But bad luck Hawks, was pulling for you and hoping for you guys to knock em of, wanted hawks in the 8 for one reason really, if your there Carlton arn't and that makes me happy. Good luck and hope you get there.
win 4 from 4 and the inconsistency of the overrated Carlton and Essendon will get you through :)

Just got back from watching it at the pub. Am so disappointed - really thought we had it wrapped up at 3/4 time, but I did say to my partner that scarlett off would hurt us big time and that the cats would come out hunting us.

This is a game that got away (we lost it, they didn't win it - is that the Geelong line I just used) and it was totally through poor decision making. In saying that though it was a great game and we played some terrific football today compared to where we have been all year.

I am not calling it yet will see what happens next week, but I do think we will be back with a vegeance in 2010.

No point in paying out on individuals - it's a team game and while some didn't play as well as they should of, some of our senior players definately went missing in the last quarter when it counted the most.

:eek:That one hurt no doubt about it!

Game was ours and just started playing too safe in that last quarter. If we had of taken the game on a bit more we would have got the bikkies for sure.

Hopefully a good lesson to the boys...yes I know we don't need any more lessons!

The cats took the game on and pounced in that last quarter. Didn't look like we were ready at all for it.

Lets hope the lads don't get to defalted from the loss and look more at how well they played in the first 3q and bring that to the next 5 games.:thumbsu:

I'm sorry but this just sums up 2009.

At some point young players like kennedy etc are a liability.

This has basically killed our season.

what was at stake was huge and yet a player like kennedy can just screw it all up in a second.its so crucial.and for supporters so heartbreaking.I'm gutted i was so sure we could win this one.

You ********.
Kennedy was one of the best young players on the ground today. If you want to ignore senior players errors and blame him for the loss, Id be more than happy to take him at Geelong.
Will be a player.

sorry kev, i just don't see it, when i mean he's slow, i mean it's his decision making.

Do you recall some of Franklin's decision-making in 2005? Do you recall some of it this season?

Schoenmakers didn't have a great day today, but still did a few good things and had a fab game last week.

If he's having trouble in a few seasons time then you might be onto something, but for now he's just another light and raw first-year tall trying to find his way in the game.

THEHIGHFLYINGHAWKER said:
we should've taken the missing piece in ryan o'keefe instead of blooding new talent when we were ready to challenge again this year.

Its already been well established that he wasn't keen to come to Hawthorn and we couldn't have afforded him even if he were.

It would have ben a short-sighted decision to take a bloke on the eve of 30 for short-term gain, only to blow our cap and have to part with a couple of other needed players.

He wouldn't have made the difference this year anyway.

I'm far happier heading into 2010 with Schoenmakers than the Swan veteran.

You ********.
Kennedy was one of the best young players on the ground today. If you want to ignore senior players errors and blame him for the loss, Id be more than happy to take him at Geelong.
Will be a player.

Embarassing that a cats supporters can see what some hawk supporters can't. Kennedy was great today and has well and truly earnt the right to keep his spot in the side.

FFS will some of you guys look at the positives instead of bucketing on individual players. Sure Hodge made a few skill errors, but he was also crunched early in the game, at least he stayed out there and put in. And the Shoe got caught a few times today, but he is still wearing the L plates and looks to have plenty of upside, and the game was being played at too frenetic a pace for an inexperienced player.

The fact is we totally outplayed Geelong for the majority of the game and looked like a top four team (at last..), the way we played the second and third quarter you would think we should have been 8 or 9 goals in front.

Credit to the Cats for fighting back, i thought they were buried when Goo kicked the early goal, and our guys were queuing up for shots at one point.

After watching the display of skill and ability (!) that was Carlton/Collingwood on Friday night i think we have at least made a statement in the past few weeks. We should be up there, and if we do not make the finals this year, which is likely, then we will be back far stronger for 2010.

yeah i thought kennedy played well today...yeah he messed up big time handballing to buddy, but overall you can see he played well, contributed positively on many occasions and should improve further..

Murphy however i think is one of the biggest disgraces to ever wear the hawthorn jumper...it sounds derelict to say this, but he is the closest thing to a girl ive seen on the field. He is out marked by anyone and everyone, but that is just one aspect that is totally unacceptable. Its too much to see him play each week.

yes there are more that don't cut it for hawthorn and never will but he may be the worst ive seen..

good to see buddy back in form on a more positive note

Hey guys, heres the thing, Geelong (Supposedly the greatest team, but still only 1 GF (against a poor team to) beat the a team thats in 10th spot by 1 point, whoppeee, if they are so good they should have beaten us by 5 goals or more. The fact is, if we lost to Saint Kilda by 1 point today I would be happy, cause they are the team thats on song this year.

Remember, Hawks are still reigning Premiers and do'nt dare F****N forget it, especially all those Melbourne Media types (Caro and her cronies)

HAWTHORN till I die

Carn The Hawks

yeah i thought kennedy played well today...yeah he messed up big time handballing to buddy, but overall you can see he played well, contributed positively on many occasions and should improve further..

Murphy however i think is one of the biggest disgraces to ever wear the hawthorn jumper...it sounds derelict to say this, but he is the closest thing to a girl ive seen on the field. He is out marked by anyone and everyone, but that is just one aspect that is totally unacceptable. Its too much to see him play each week.

yes there are more that don't cut it for hawthorn and never will but he may be the worst ive seen..

got to agree murphy is worse than useless

We shouldn't be in this position, simple as that. Even if we did happen to make the finals, we'd be making up the numbers and maybe only get through the first week before we're out. We don't deserve to be there, especially on the back of what other teams do.
No team, would want to play an up an about hawthorn in a final on the mcg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey
i was just kidding
i just knew ud be filthy with the world at the moment
and for the guy who asked why does it concern me its because
u have just given us our first finals in 8 years so for that i thank
the Hawthorn Football club

Couldn't agree more.Murphy single handedly cost us 3 goals in the last quarter with weak attempts at spoiling. Dead set chicken. Put someone in who at least puts his body on the line for the jumper. Disgraceful.:thumbsdown:

This is a game that got away (we lost it, they didn't win it - is that the Geelong line I just used) and it was totally through poor decision making.

Our poor decision making, particularly in the last quarter, was the result of the pressure Geelong put us under. Plus I reckon the players were a little spooked that the Cats might come at them too. We were hunted, which resulted, unfortunately, in us not handling the pressure.

The Cats won that game; it was a brilliant effort from a mature team.

They learned their lesson from last year's grand final; they did to us what we did to them last year.

Here we go again playing the blame game again..

kennedy has not kicked a goal yet in his 8 games and you expect him to go and kick us the winning goal.

Thomas murphy again too slow and should of spoiled the Bartell mark who was had a shocking day him self

Guerra kick in to a Cats player.

Hodge kicking to a Cats player.

Ellis had a shot for goal and decided to kick it to a player closer and turned it over.

Roughhead kicked 2-3 behinds that were dead setters..

But hey if you feel better blaming a kid in his 8th game and yet to kick a goal then go for it...

Couldn't agree more.Murphy single handedly cost us 3 goals in the last quarter with weak attempts at spoiling. Dead set chicken. Put someone in who at least puts his body on the line for the jumper. Disgraceful.:thumbsdown:

He did not!and he does put his body on the line against mooney he and mooney collided and who got up and got possession of the ball MURPHY!

Can't believe the OP is blaming Kennedy. The game was won at three quarter time, we lost it with the 25 minutes prior to Kennedy's opportunity.

I thought he was very good yesterday and his stoppage work has allowed Mitchell to play in other roles.

The exposure that Kennedy, Schoey, Renouf, Shiels and Dowler got yesterday is better than five or six normal games at AFL level.

They'll all be a lot better for it.

Hey guys, heres the thing, Geelong (Supposedly the greatest team, but still only 1 GF (against a poor team to) beat the a team thats in 10th spot by 1 point, whoppeee, if they are so good they should have beaten us by 5 goals or more. The fact is, if we lost to Saint Kilda by 1 point today I would be happy, cause they are the team thats on song this year.

Remember, Hawks are still reigning Premiers and do'nt dare F****N forget it, especially all those Melbourne Media types (Caro and her cronies)

HAWTHORN till I die

Carn The Hawks

Spot on. Okay, we lost to Geelong by 1 point. 2009 was never going to be our yeat anyway, and our premiership aspirations have long since disappeared. All this does is keep the whingeing Cats fans happy and lull them into a false sense of security.

A 1 point loss to the so-called second best team in the competition isn't such a bad result. Okay, it's annoying losing to the whingers, especially after having the game in our grasp. but when it's all said and done, it has cost us nothing.

We'll save our wins against Geelong for when it really matters most ... the finals.

I'm sorry but this just sums up 2009.

At some point young players like kennedy etc are a liability.

This has basically killed our season.

what was at stake was huge and yet a player like kennedy can just screw it all up in a second.its so crucial.and for supporters so heartbreaking.I'm gutted i was so sure we could win this one.

even if we drew the game that would of helped us.A loss doesn't:thumbsdown:

You either want to win or not.Not enough hunger:thumbsdown:

Totally out of line. How many minutes are there in a game and you pluck out one decision. Then you follow it up with etc. What you cant even mention the names of the others you think are liabilities. Seriously if you think that is the moment the game is lost we may as well only have games that are a minute long.

There are 22 men in a side all of which at times make mistakes. Perhaps it shouldnt have come to the point where Kennedy was put in this position. They are simply boys and from their mistakes they will learn but some supporters will still be ignorant!

Feel sorry for the young kid. Yes, he probably should've had a shot himself, but like they said on TFS, if he'd had a shot and missed, and Geelong raced the ball down the other end and kicked a goal, people would probably be asking why he didn't pass it off to Buddy.

Probably should've had the shot, but if a guy like Buddy, who had kicked some of the best goals I've ever seen yesterday, was screaming at me to give him the ball, I'd have passed it to him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back