Cancelled
Jan 22, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
So I've moved from QLD to VIC

Health insurance goes up $7 a month

Car insurance goes up $37 a month

This is bullcrap, income hasn't changed at all.

It's an unfair system, I don't care where anyone lives, it should all be one price for what option you choose. I'm so pissed off.

Just want to say I love the fact that your post was bookmarked by an ad for NRMA tradesperson insurance above it and another for AAMI life insruance below.

Welcome to Victoria - The place to be charged 20% more for the same shit in other states.

I work at a medical clinic.. it bulk bills everyone with a medicare card so luckily, for the most part, I rarely have to take money off people who are crook and needing to see a doctor..

Obviously if someone doesn't have a medicare card (95% of the time they are travellers/overseas visitors) I have to charge them $70 for a standard consultation... Whenever this happens, I'll print out a tax invoice outlaying the item number they were charged and tell them if they have health/travel insurance to go take it to them to hopefully get some reimbursment...

The amount of times I've had patients come back in a couple of days later to say they need a print out of the doctors notes because the insurance need to know why they were there before they refund them money is ridiculous!
I mean, they've taken out an insurance policy, so why don't those f*cking companies fork out the cash...

None of these people are coming in to pay $70 (or more on the weekend) to see a doctor just because they felt like it... it's because they need medical attention..

Insurance companies are scum

the other thing i love about car insurance is when morons run up the back of you and the insurance still jack your price up

It's nice to know though if some loser makes you crash causing your car to be a write off, you get back what you paid for the car.

I work at a medical clinic.. it bulk bills everyone with a medicare card so luckily, for the most part, I rarely have to take money off people who are crook and needing to see a doctor..

Obviously if someone doesn't have a medicare card (95% of the time they are travellers/overseas visitors) I have to charge them $70 for a standard consultation... Whenever this happens, I'll print out a tax invoice outlaying the item number they were charged and tell them if they have health/travel insurance to go take it to them to hopefully get some reimbursment...

The amount of times I've had patients come back in a couple of days later to say they need a print out of the doctors notes because the insurance need to know why they were there before they refund them money is ridiculous!
I mean, they've taken out an insurance policy, so why don't those f*cking companies fork out the cash...

None of these people are coming in to pay $70 (or more on the weekend) to see a doctor just because they felt like it... it's because they need medical attention..

Insurance companies are scum

The only positive out of these things is if it's dental.

When I lived in Maidenhead there was a push from locals to try to get rid of the SL (Slough, you can see it in the opening credits of The Office) postcode and replace it with WM (Windsor and Maidenhead) because they claimed it would bring insurance premiums down.
It never eventuated and still pleases me that when the Queen is at Windsor Castle, she has a Slough postcode.
Slough is also pronounced Slow, John Betjimen wrote of it, "Come, friendly bombs and fall on Slough!", Slough is a synonym of bog and the local Virgin Cinema once described itself as "the only Virgin in Slough". It is a pretty terrible place to honest.
Edit - When Hull beat Slough to the dubious honour of crapest town in Britain, the locals were actually upset.
Notice the old 'hood is now nominated for the revised edition of Crap Towns.
http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co...-voted-for-in-top-100-crap-towns-16072013.htm
It was a pretty crap place too.

The differences from state to state can partly be attributed to the differences in stamp duty imposed by each state.

The reason given by both is that it's because I now live in a more populated area, to me that is not a valid excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when i moved to melbourne from adelaide, my home insurance went down $11 a month, and my car insurance went down $20 a month

come at me

:mad:

You'd think they would charge less for everything just to keep people in Adelaide

So I've moved from QLD to VIC

Health insurance goes up $7 a month

Car insurance goes up $37 a month

This is bullcrap, income hasn't changed at all.

It's an unfair system, I don't care where anyone lives, it should all be one price for what option you choose. I'm so pissed off.

Been to a pub yet?

It's more expensive here too.

Not up to you. Why don't you believe population should be considered? Stands to reason that the more cars on the road the higher the risk of an accident.

At least you can shop around for insurance. We can't do that here and it pisses me off.

At the end of the day, if i have a deal that i'm paying for, and another person has the exact same deal but are paying less because of where they live, is BS i reckon. When did i say it was up to me??

Its not just state to state differences, my car insurance went up just by moving closer to the city. They insure against risk, if you move from a quiet area with very low percentages of car theft and traffic accidents to inner city the risk of you claiming insurance increases dramatically.

How is it any of their business?? I flipping hate Insurance. I have Income Protection and I'm too scared to visit the Doctor, because whenever you renew you feel guilty answering their questions about why, what, when, why??? Its easier to just not go. Most blokes I know who have had Income Protection have been denied it when they needed it anyway, or have had it reduced significantly. Happy to take the premiums though..:rolleyes:

How is it any of their business?? I ruddy hate Insurance. I have Income Protection and I'm too scared to visit the Doctor, because whenever you renew you feel guilty answering their questions about why, what, when, why??? Its easier to just not go. Most blokes I know who have had Income Protection have been denied it when they needed it anyway, or have had it reduced significantly. Happy to take the premiums though..:rolleyes:

Easy to bag insurance companies, but they obviously need some sort of substantiation or proof for the claim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back