International Racing 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

God bless the connections/trainers/jockeys who decided BB is a speed horse who is best off leading. God bless them :hearts:

Too bad he's off to stud or they could organise a match race with Protectionist at Flem #oneracewonders

I dunno who's idea it was but it was terrible all the same. Can the lot of them.

Joe Moreira ride cold with cover X2 = 2X outstanding wins.

I must be reading too much into this yea? :$

Too bad he's off to stud or they could organise a match race with Protectionist at Flem #oneracewonders
Think it's like we were talking about the other night - we train speed horses, not stamina.

If they ran him in the King's Stand he'd be a dual hemi G1 winner. Anyway, whatever. Compared to the Spring Carnival this International betting is quite cheap :p

Jockey-CRAIG_WILLIAMS-82106-366x500.jpg

Think it's like we were talking about the other night - we train speed horses, not stamina.

If they ran him in the King's Stand he'd be a dual hemi G1 winner. Anyway, whatever. Compared to the Spring Carnival this International betting is quite cheap :p

Newmarket's actually a faster track than Ascot so less stamina should be required. The Aussie horses just don't handle the steep hill for some reason.

Decent win from TERRITORIES (godolphin blue settling last - second to Gleneagles in the 2000 Guineas) in a Group 1 in France today. Beat Dutch Connection who won the Jersey at Royal Ascot

Why do Aussies run so poorly in the July Cup?
By Sam Walker 12:47PM 14 JUL 2015
WORLD CLASS: an analysis of the international scene according to Racing Post Ratings

BRAZEN BEAU became the latest in a long line of southern-hemisphere flops in the July Cup on Saturday, leaving the race at the mercy of leading British sprinter Muhaarar.

Antipodean trainers have never won the July Cup despite many successful raids on the Royal Ascot sprints and Brazen Beau joined an illustrious list of July Cup losers including Ortensia, Shea Shea, J J The Jet Plane, Takeover Target, Scenic Blast, Exceed And Excel and Choisir.

There are various reasons behind the dismal record of southsiders. The first is that the July meeting falls outside the southern-hemisphere racing season. It's similar to trying to get a European horse to peak in February after being on the go since May.

It is possible to get a horse to peak out of season but that generally requires sacrifices elsewhere. Ortensia, for instance, missed most of the Aussie 2011-12 season before starting her 2012 campaign in Dubai in March. She managed to peak in August, winning the Nunthorpe.

More: http://www.racingpost.com/news/hors...1915399/latest/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Confirmed pretty much what we all said, but thought it was an interesting read anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even a six horse field doesn't stop them running 4 mins late :$

I'll go for the filly with the form against the boys.

Just realised it's a fillies race... I meant Storm The Stars

Nah its for all 3yos and there's no fillies running. :D

Ampere looked unlucky that - traveled well into the straight but couldn't get out when the winner (ERUPT) got first run.

Yeah fave was always in a shithouse position.

Winner had a nice turn of foot to put the race away though, looked good.

Nah its for all 3yos and there's no fillies running. :D
LOL the Skyform I was using said they were all fillies :drunk:.

Thought it seemed strange. I thought Storm The Stars was just taking on the Derbies cos she missed a run in the Oaks or something lel.

Assume this is the same type of logic that Gai used when runing Grand Armee first up in a Newmarket

Pity that you don't discuss the topic at hand - Its easier to take pot shots at people you don't like !

Pity that you don't discuss the topic at hand - Its easier to take pot shots at people you don't like !

Have posted plenty of FACTS on the topic in which you just produced inane dribble with nothing to back it up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back