IQ Test

Remove this Banner Ad

I got 162. I've done a few online IQ tests and I usually score around 140-170. I'm not sure how official any of them are though. A lot of the questions in that test seem to be the exact same sort in each section, such as the rearranging letters one.

I think IQ tests are usually weighted towards older people. I remember when Eddie hosted the National IQ test on Channel 9 about 6 or 7 years ago I got one more question right than my boss did, but ended up with a lower score overall.

It's always the spatial relations questions that get me. Numbers and language are my strong points.

Even done by a 'professional' you can't accurately gauge an adult's IQ because of the massive effect education and culture have. Even when done correctly at an early age the Americanization of English testing means that even incredibly intelligent individuals get incorrect marks for what are correct answers as the answers have to be EXACT. E.g. some tests include (included, been a while) a picture of a bucket, you ask the child what it is, they say bucket, you mark that answer as wrong. Why? Because the answer is pail, not that any Australian child would call it that. Online IQ tests are generally a pointless excercize in maximizing advertising space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

must be rigged, too many pie fans scoring over 60
We got edjakated readin all them Eagle's posts...lol

You should have a go, but I would not too much faith in "the" particular test...basically maths and some pattern recognition.

Go try the MENSA

http://mensa.org.au/faq/qualifying

these are the most universally regarded but even these are of debatable value.

146 for me.

LOL at the Cadaver for sale advert..."how much is your body worth?" lol

It says I'm worth $4,530 :D

Time to make the sale.

My Mrs does the whole cadaver thing for uni. Not her favourite thing to do to say the least.

I was wondering what an IQ test was and I took one and got 126 :confused: Apparently thats above average. My Dad took it he got 107 but his 53 and I am 16 so that could have played a part. anyways here's the link if you want to give it a go.

http://www.free-iqtest.net/

The Stanford-Binet is the most reliable and widely used IQ test. It's administered in about 50 different languages and contains different questions based on your place of origin to avoid culture biases.

The average IQ is 100 with a standard deviation of 16 (used to be 15 for fellow psych readers). Meaning that around 97% of the population falls between the IQ range of 68-132. Given that, this test is yielding unusually high results so its not accurate so far as normal results are concerned.

It has been pointed out that this test is quite mathematically and spatially laden, I tend to agree with this. This can also skew results.

Also be aware that the Stanford-Binet and other tests like the one linked test 'academic' capacity - mainly reading writing and arithmetic as well as a little cultural knowledge.

There is a litany of tests out there that test other forms of 'intelligence', such as artistic abilities or music appreciation and understanding.

As a rule of thumb, these tests (and big eds tv test a few years back) are just for fun. Let me know if you folks have any other testing questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back