Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shunned the mirror years ago. I used to turn around and face away from them. Makes you much more aware of what position your body is in and what it's doing - particularly for compound and olympic lifts.
I think it's a horse for courses scenario - havign my form watched by an osteo, I do have a slight tendancy to raise my left shoulder slightly higher than my right on lat raises, and my hip position was incorrect for split squats (left leg forward, right leg forward form is fine).

I always watch what I'm doing for these movements in the mirror now that I know what to look for.

i was doing incline dumb bell chest press last night. music/video was playing. then i thought about this thread and complaints about gym music.

then i thought, i never notice the music as i am focused on training and isolating muscle groups accordingly.

so i type this with a question. what music should be played at gyms?
My gym's stereo just recently had a sign put in front of it spelling out a very firm message to not touch it. Had always enjoyed turning it down completely when I had the place to myself at 11pm on a Friday night. It was obnoxiously loud at the time too, insult to injury.

What is worse is when you can STILL hear "my life is a rollercoaster, inside of a maze..." in the fuggen background WHILST you're wearing your inner ear headphones. It's annoying, and bloody bad for your hearing.

I've got to the point where I walk in with my headphones on, sigh and then take them off and put them in my bag.

If you keep cranking your ipod to drown out the gyms music, you're just killing your hearing.

Been posted here before but today there were 2 guys using adjustable benches as part of a circuit when there weren't ANY others available. Had to wait for >10 minutes for them to finish...

TVoes3i.png

Was doing posterior deltoids, sitting on a bench chest down...This bloke walks past as I fly the dumbbells out, I hit him, he says nothing, grabs a dumbbells and walks away. Yay for roided up twats who think they own the gym :hearts::thumbsdown:

Radio at my gym is at a reasonable level during the week, different story on the weekend though. You'd almost think you're at a nightclub or something. Not many people turn up on weekends and a young girl works there and she turns it right up to the point where it's just pointless putting earphones in because you can never hear your own music over the radio. So i feel your pain Dark Sharks.

Is that all they were using?

Circuit training should be either banned during peak periods of setup in a seperate room.
One guy would use the bench (for ******* bicep curls I might add, just resting plates on there o_O) would do a set of curls, then disappear to the other side of the gym for 5 minutes. The other bloke was far worse though, 5 machine circuit... o_O:rolleyes::cry::mad::thumbsdown:

One guy would use the bench (for ******* bicep curls I might add, just resting plates on there o_O) would do a set of curls, then disappear to the other side of the gym for 5 minutes. The other bloke was far worse though, 5 machine circuit... o_O:rolleyes::cry::mad::thumbsdown:

Right, I can imagine the rage felt by everyone else affected by their ignorance.

Did they leave a towel on the bench?

I find the ignorant cross trainers often dont bother with a towel, so when they disapear it makes it easier to start using the bench.

Right, I can imagine the rage felt by everyone else affected by their ignorance.

Did they leave a towel on the bench?

I find the ignorant cross trainers often dont bother with a towel, so when they disapear it makes it easier to start using the bench.
Unfortunately this bloke was clever enough to leave his towel on the bench, was seriously tempted to flick it on to the floor though.

I know it gets mentioned alot but leaving weights on the floor is a massive issue at my gym.. or if they pick them up they put them onto a machine so you will have a 5kg plate;10kg plate;2.5kg plate; 20kg plate ect... so to get that 5kg plate you need to take off a number of plates.. I've spoken to the gym about organising weights similar to other gyms ive been to, eg 5kg plates here 10kg there ect. It isn't a big issue I guess better than having them on the floor.. I spend maybe 10mins of each session cleaning up the gym since at any given time there can be 20-30 weight plates on the floor.. not to mention the dumbbells that are never racked..

I have started to get aggressive in my suggestions to people about putting weights away.. but then I feel like a douce and its not my job.. just hate having to hop around a jungle..

What is worse is when you can STILL hear "my life is a rollercoaster, inside of a maze..." in the fuggen background WHILST you're wearing your inner ear headphones. It's annoying, and bloody bad for your hearing.

I've got to the point where I walk in with my headphones on, sigh and then take them off and put them in my bag.

If you keep cranking your ipod to drown out the gyms music, you're just killing your hearing.

Quoted for being the worst line in Popular Music - it makes "sugar, sugar" and "Yummy, yummy,yummy" appear like Beethoven's fifth. On music - anything metal, RATM, some Gangsta Rap - I even have the Soviet National Anthem on mine - sung by the red army choir

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it gets mentioned alot but leaving weights on the floor is a massive issue at my gym.. or if they pick them up they put them onto a machine so you will have a 5kg plate;10kg plate;2.5kg plate; 20kg plate ect... so to get that 5kg plate you need to take off a number of plates.. I've spoken to the gym about organising weights similar to other gyms ive been to, eg 5kg plates here 10kg there ect. It isn't a big issue I guess better than having them on the floor.. I spend maybe 10mins of each session cleaning up the gym since at any given time there can be 20-30 weight plates on the floor.. not to mention the dumbbells that are never racked..

I have started to get aggressive in my suggestions to people about putting weights away.. but then I feel like a douce and its not my job.. just hate having to hop around a jungle..

I ******* hate that - these dickheads who do drop sets and leave the ******* weights on the floor

i am in the northern hemisphere at the moment. the gymnasium here is rarely occupied. a few months ago i worked out in this hotels gym and i was the only one there for over an hour. it was good.

no music.

view of the pool

enough dumbells, and other cable machines. tredmill here and there.

Would have thought they'd be picking up with the weather fining up? That said, hotel gyms can hit or miss. Stayed at crown Melbourne a while ago, was empty everyday except when one of the one direction boys wanted to train. Place was packed with teenage girls occupying every piece of equipment, even though they didn't have a clue what it did. I didn't even know who the guy was till my missus pointed him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back