Is Chris Scott the Saltiest Coach in the AFL?

Is Chris Scott the Saltiest Coach on the AFL?

• Yes

Votes: 124 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 27 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve seen him whinge about all sorts of things

Wce loss

Shit Chris Scott has got some competition now. Re-open the thread because “Damien Hardwick” (referred to in full to avoid causing cultural insult) once complained about the umpiring in a match where the umpiring was one sided. Call the fire brigade!!!!

I’m yes. Tigers are very beatable.

Just go straight up the guts against Biitchmond and they crumble

Not a lot of evidence of this crumbling occurring, aside from a couple of games on different shaped grounds.

Seems like teams have gone down the guts like last night and found the challenge too much without having the dimensions right.

All the media calls him that and they're hardly mates with him. For your information, I have directly spoken to him on several occasions through my coterie group and a very close friend is a friend of his and knows his family well.
Shut your sooking face

It’s true

Same as Essendon fans wanted woosha gone ...now he’s the messiah

It’s a winning business

Winning means high fives back slapping butt kissing

Losing .......anger sake em.......there is no inbetween

You don't get it. You have 4 losses and won't finish over 140%.

Chris Scott is right to point out the bullshit and not let it affect his players. It wasn't to insult Richmond. Stop trying to pretend Richmond are something they're not.

We can't say Richmond aren't a juggernaut? But also at the same time can pretend they are? That's blatant hypocrisy. I got pissed of about the whole not booing Goodes thing at our home game either. This is along a similar line.

Create a fictitious mental advantage for them and the moment someone calls it out, sook it up and put it in a protected safe space.

You don’t get it, you have 8 loses, on the brink of falling out of the 8 with a coach that will never beat Richmond lol.
We sit on top beat your insipid mob last night. We are on top, deal with it you salty flog.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is that a bad thing from an opposition fans perspective though? Cat fans don't wanna hear how good their opponant was, they just wanna know how they'll beat them next time.

FMD, STOP THE PRESS, AN AFL COACH IS ARROGANT. Lol.

He's a more successful coach than Hardwick after all.

Lmfao more successful coach, oh please stop it. It hurts when I laugh

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chris Scott may do well to reflect back on his comments after Essendon upset them earlier this season:

"The other side of that – it's always ungracious to talk too much in these sorts of situations about how poorly we used the ball and fumbled and were just beaten in the contest, without acknowledging how good the opposition were .."

Yes I’ve met him and attended a leadership course with him

Same
What day of the course then Dave did you feel comfortable to call him Woosha? It's only that I've met Damien a couple of times at Richmond functions and am a little uncertain how many more times would be appropriate until I can call him Dimma :think:

Don't agree with that our lapses and getting to cute kept them in the game score flattering them.

We were the better side for most of the night (despite what Scott believes), but Hardwick admitted we got caught on the hop by some of the tactics. They tried the corridor on more than most opposition. Plus we got a bit tired and didn’t score for the last 15 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What day of the course then Dave did you feel comfortable to call him Woosha? It's only that I've met Damien a couple of times at Richmond functions and am a little uncertain how many more times would be appropriate until I can call him Dimma :think:
Lol

We were the better side for most of the night (despite what Scott believes), but Hardwick admitted we got caught on the hop by some of the tactics. They tried the corridor on more than most opposition. Plus we got a bit tired and didn’t score for the last 15 minutes.

Richmond were the best side for most of the game agree

Richmond are like hawthorn were when they were so good ...they play brilliant burst footy that kills you

That's not fair. You will almost certainly win the flag this year.

That’s buying the media narrative. We’re odds against for the flag; obviously the bookies believe we’re less than a 40% chance. Only foolish Richmond supporters are setting themselves up for that sort of disappointment.

That’s buying the media narrative. We’re odds against for the flag; obviously the bookies believe we’re less than a 40% chance. Only foolish Richmond supporters are setting themselves up for that sort of disappointment.
you're right, it doesn't matter how good a season you have, its that one day that it has to all come together, odds/favouratism mean diddly as Adelaide found out last year.

you're right, it doesn't matter how good a season you have, its that one day that it has to all come together, odds/favouratism mean diddly as Adelaide found out last year.

Six games left. What if Jack’s remarkable run of availability comes to an end? We might be able to cover him for one final, but I reckon it would sink us in the end.

I agree.

Why do people get annoyed with coaches who give it to journos?

I wish there were more of them. It's like watching someone flip it at a parking inspector.

Gold!

Exactly.

Imagine being a coach who is reminded to "maintain the corporate image".
Every coach knows which journos snipe them in the media, and there really is no accountability for journos.
Random journo can write / express whatever they want at anytime they want, and a coach has no recourse outside of a 2-3 minute window at a press conference.
I'd go for it too.

Someone on here mentioned Malthouse used to have a staffer sit in the back of the room and gesture when his 6 minutes was up, and he walk out of the room at 6 minutes.

The after match press conference adds nothing in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Six games left. What if Jack’s remarkable run of availability comes to an end? We might be able to cover him for one final, but I reckon it would sink us in the end.
wash your mouth outi;)

I see GWS as a big threat but as you say a lot can happen, we have given ourselves the chance for b2b but no one is going to hand it over on a silver platter.

Making him a more successful coach, only a complete muppet would disagree.
More successful than who, if your comparing him with Hardwick which I wasnt actually doing, then they are about on par, with Scott slightly ahead depending on how things go this year.
Scott started with a ready made team that's undeniable, Hardwick started with an absolute basket case, Hardwick has taken Richmond to 6 finals series in 9 years if you include this year(we can't miss finals) for 3 wins so far including a flag, Scott has taken his ready made team to either 6 or 7 finals series depending if they make it this year for 6 wins and one flag, but half those 6 wins and the flag were almost a gift from Bomber, won in his first year as coach.
Since 2012 there is nothing in it, 3 wins in finals to Scott and 3 wins and a flag to Hardwick. Scott still needs to show he can rebuild a team.

Clarkson of course is the master of them all, having rebuilt twice and winning 3 flags in a row all other modern coaches pale in comparison.

I just feel Scott is a little over rated at times, it would have been interesting how he would have gone had he taken over a less successful team, as his brother did.

Back