Is Cricket DEAD? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is Cricket DEAD? Part 2

Last post from the last thread:

Apologies: my comment on Dravid may not have been conveyed too well and what I was meaning was Dravid seems to now be struggling against good bowling in helpful conditions; this pales in comparison of Dravid in his prime, of course.

Dravid is right alongside Tendulkar and maybe Gavasker as the best batsmen away from home India has ever produced.

Sorry TB, I misread your comments.
He's certainly on the downward curve. Sporting conditions are always going to highlight that, but his English form showed he still had something to offer. Perhaps that time has now passed? I'd suggest much like Ponting, he'd be the second to last of the old brigade they should be setting aside.

Overall, the belting India is receiving is a blessing in disguise. I don't know what their talent is like batting wise, but they have not been performing, look at Gambhir, no century in 2 years. Shewag is a shadow of the player he was. They need to make wholesale changes and soon. Pity 20/20 is probably more important at the moment.

Re the Kholi, looks like a tosser and that interview confirmed it.

On another note, scenario, if Australia beats India 4-0, then we travel to the Windies for a 3 match series. That will make it 7 wins in a row. Given Gayle and Dwayne Bravo will not play, the Windies will struggle.

On another note, Kieron Pollard who pulled out of the big bash due to a hamstring, is playing in the WI regional 20/20 for T&T. He made 51 not out off 15 balls. I really hope the WI selectors give Pollard a go at test level, has a good technique I believe.

Highlights in the link
http://www.espncricinfo.com/caribbean-t20-12/content/story/549043.html

Morning Grizz.

So does part 3 provide conclusive evidence that cricket isn't dead... despite the attempts of the administrators to kill it?

Overall, the belting India is receiving is a blessing in disguise. I don't know what their talent is like batting wise, but they have not been performing, look at Gambhir, no century in 2 years. Shewag is a shadow of the player he was. They need to make wholesale changes and soon. Pity 20/20 is probably more important at the moment.

Re the Kholi, looks like a tosser and that interview confirmed it.

On another note, scenario, if Australia beats India 4-0, then we travel to the Windies for a 3 match series. That will make it 7 wins in a row. Given Gayle and Dwayne Bravo will not play, the Windies will struggle.

On another note, Kieron Pollard who pulled out of the big bash due to a hamstring, is playing in the WI regional 20/20 for T&T. He made 51 not out off 15 balls. I really hope the WI selectors give Pollard a go at test level, has a good technique I believe.

Highlights in the link
http://www.espncricinfo.com/caribbean-t20-12/content/story/549043.html

Shows we're moving the the right direction, but I think it'll be a flattering result if it eventuates

Morning Grizz.

So does part 3 provide conclusive evidence that cricket isn't dead... despite the attempts of the administrators to kill it?

I think it proves (on here atleast) that the passion for Test Cricket is alive on well whether we are winning or not.

Morning Grizz.

You'd hope so. You know where I stand on this Langers: Clown cricket in its two variations can vanish and I wouldn't care, test matches are what it's all about. Actually, I prefer One Day games to the ADD version of the game.

So, to answer your question: I think there's been much interest in the test matches. Epic deeds, like Clarke's triple, and great stories of overcoming adversity, like Hilfy, and astonishing feats, like Warner, are what it's all about. I'd have much preferred a 5 test series though.

Yep... absolutely shows the passion and interest is still there, particularly for test cricket.

What's the bet we'll be talking about being totally over the cricket once the endless tri series ODI's get underway.

You'd hope so. You know where I stand on this Langers: Clown cricket in its two variations can vanish and I wouldn't care, test matches are what it's all about. Actually, I prefer One Day games to the ADD version of the game.

So, to answer your question: I think there's been much interest in the test matches. Epic deeds, like Clarke's triple, and great stories of overcoming adversity, like Hilfy, and astonishing feats, like Warner, are what it's all about. I'd have much preferred a 5 test series though.

I agree.

In an ODI, you can can be 2-20 after 10 overs and still get back into a position to win the game.

In T20, there's no comebacks and more results are decided after 2 overs. Its rubbish.

Yep... absolutely shows the passion and interest is still there, particularly for test cricket.

What's the bet we'll be talking about being totally over the cricket once the endless tri series ODI's get underway.

Yes. Too much of the crap. Then they play a few Clown Cricket matches don't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just did the ICC Ranking predictor before.

Assuming we beat India in this series (which we will) and we beat West Indies (which we should), we move to equal 3rd on the table with India.

Surprised that we won't overtake India, considering they lost 4-0 in England and may well do the same here. And they did only beat the West Indies 2-0 at home so surely that wouldn't have gained many ranking points from that?

Fantastic that we have some Test match fans here.

What is people's thoughts on the T20 World Cup every two years; two Test series; and the ridiculous amount of ODIs (such as Australia touring England for 5 games this year)? It annoys me to no end.

Tests are all that matter to me.

One Day games are a diversion. I don't mind watching them and they fill time, but I don't feel passionately about them.

Sometimes in sport, beltings become mundane, but this is very enjoyable. To use AFL analogy it's like the sense of satisfaction an Essendon supporters gets from belting Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn or Hawthorn supporters get from defeating Essendon or Geelong.

I know its early days, but its interesting looking at the averages with the change of openers from Hughes/Watson to Warner/Cowan.

Hughes

Last 12 months: 27.69
Career: 34.58

Watson

Last 12 months: 20.22
Career: 38.12

----------------------------------------

Warner

Cowan

Sometimes in sport, beltings become mundane, but this is very enjoyable. To use AFL analogy it's like the sense of satisfaction an Essendon supporters gets from belting Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn or Hawthorn supporters get from defeating Essendon or Geelong.

I thought you were a good bloike until you wrote this!:D

Hahahahhahahaha he dropped it, that was a keepers catch!

I wasn't neccesarily speaking on behalf of myself go hawks ;) For what it's worth, if I had a 'second team' as such it would be Hawthorn because of playing in Launceston. :thumbsu:

Anyway, back on topic, I think Sharma has to replace Kohli in Adelaide. Something has got to change on the batting front. It's a worry that Sharma, Raina and Kohli struggle against the short ball.

I wasn't neccesarily speaking on behalf of myself go hawks ;) For what it's worth, if I had a 'second team' as such it would be Hawthorn because of playing in Launceston. :thumbsu:

Obviously a troll and not a real Essendon supporter if your rolling lines out like that ;) :D

I can think 17 other teams before I would have Essendon as my second team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back