Think Tank Is the AFL world ready to admit some truths about Charlie Curnow and Carlton FC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I have two points to make.

1. On form, Carlton is a top 2 favourite for the premiership. I'll still give Collingwood the number 1 position for now but no other team has a better claim than us to number 2 in the power rankings.
2. Charlie Curnow is the best player in the world. Look at the Coleman medal race and how far ahead he is of every other forward. No midfielder can claim that kind of separation from other mids. If Umps voted fairly and didn't have a positional bias he would be running away with the Brownlow.

A few weeks ago both these claims would have been enough for someone to order a mental health check on me. But now it cannot even be blamed on the bottle of Chandon I have had tonight. These two positions are entirely rational and reasonable.

1. On form, Carlton is a top 2 favourite for the premiership. I'll still give Collingwood the number 1 position for now but no other team has a better claim than us to number 2 in the power rankings.
2. Charlie Curnow is the best player in the world. Look at the Coleman medal race and how far ahead he is of every other forward. No midfielder can claim that kind of separation from other mids. If Umps voted fairly and didn't have a positional bias he would be running away with the Brownlow.

A few weeks ago both these claims would have been enough for someone to order a mental health check on me. But now it cannot even be blamed on the bottle of Chandon I have had tonight. These two positions are entirely rational and reasonable.

The important match was last week. Port and Collingwood put all their focus on that and Carlton, being the irrelevant mob that they are, took advantage.

Still got a few weeks yet before the standard Carlton implosion .

I really hope we get Carlton in an elimination final. It’s been really disappointing having you in our pocket for so long only to have you fail to make finals despite your ever growing brown paper bag list!

I really hope we get Carlton in an elimination final. It’s been really disappointing having you in our pocket for so long only to have you fail to make finals despite your ever growing brown paper bag list!
we'd love to beat u, but u wont be there.

u cant make finals from 9th tho bra

Charlie Curnow is unprecedented

Turn it up ffs. The only “ in form “ that matters is preliminary final form.
The journey 7 weeks leading up
to that day is a long road of hard work with limited injuries to key personnel

Collingwood had an off night. They were due. Don’t get too excited there matey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn it up ffs. The only “ in form “ that matters is preliminary final form.
The journey 7 weeks leading up
to that day is a long road of hard work with limited injuries to key personnel

Collingwood had an off night. They were due. Don’t get too excited there matey.
It is not this game in isolation. It is this impressive win AND the win against Port showing we can match the top teams AND every other win in our streak showing we have consistency and are not just fluking. Of course there is a long way to go and nobody has won it yet. But on form of the 18 teams in the comp I would not trade our position with anyone besides Collingwood

It is not this game in isolation. It is this impressive win AND the win against Port showing we can match the top teams AND every other win in our streak showing we have consistency and are not just fluking. Of course there is a long way to go and nobody has won it yet. But on form of the 18 teams in the comp I would not trade our position with anyone besides Collingwood
My suggestion is you quell your expectations by tomorrow morning and calm your farm a tad.

You gotta pray Curnow stays in tip
top condition for the next 8 weeks.

Premiership favourites, time to get the 2023 beer cans printed, how could that go wrong?
Cartlon-Draught-Carlton-FC-Baggers-Can.jpg

It is too early to tell but I am starting to suspect I might have been wrong about Voss.

But I can't fully commit to that yet as he might find a way to middle out from here, and then he'd have Vossed me and thats just not something I am prepared to risk yet.

The important match was last week. Port and Collingwood put all their focus on that and Carlton, being the irrelevant mob that they are, took advantage.

Still got a few weeks yet before the standard Carlton implosion .
Irrelevant mob? Didn't we kick your butts by fifty points two weeks ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back