Is this where Collingwood falls away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Frontrunners all year until the Power showed everyone how to counter their gameplan, and now have dropped 3 out of 4.

Historically mentally weak as a club. So many wobbles. Would anyone be surprised Bombers beat them again next week?

Calling it now: Pies wont win again in 2023.
Geez this aged well. Nostraidontknow*alldamus.

Yes very bad signs for Collingwood, heart-breaking, really feel for their supporters.
Don't think "Flies" McRae's message is getting through anymore? Maybe time to get another overweight housewife in to "inspire the boys".
Was that McReery's mum they got mother's day? Ripping speech, I woulda run through a wall for that woman if only I wasn't stuck to the couch eating a Dorrito.
Melbourne could do with a pep talk from her I reckon. Simon Offmyheadwin dies seem to be able to deliver any message to the players nowadays.

Have to make history if they win it from here. I don't think its likely. I think they went too hard too early. The past is littered with unbeatable teams early in the season who faltered and ran out of steam at the business end of the year. Richmond did it in 2018 and learned to time its run in 2019 & 2020, Geelong did it last year, Melbourne in 2021. I think both Port and the Pies will struggle from here on while Brisbane and Melbourne have timed their runs beautifully. Hell, Carlton and GWS may even go deeper into the finals than the Pies.
Made History. Job done.

wobblers must be feeling a bit nervy….

Premiers in July.

It has to be this year - with Pendlebury, Sidebottom another year older.

Looking the goods until form started to drop off 6 weeks ago. A few key injuries. Losses to the arch enemy & others.

Fluky performance against the worst form team in the competition.

First massive test of their finals coming up.

Will Moore play? Looks like Daicos will miss again.

Getting very nervy for The Wobblers.
Premiers in July and September.

CCurnow? Is he that Coleman medalist that goes missing during a finals series?

Any coincidence that C Curnow goes missing for all of September, whilst CCurnow3votes goes missing at 5.28pm on the afternoon of the Grand Final?
None whatever. Curnows are well known for melting away to nothingness when the heat is on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what astute decisions they turned out to be...

Sometimes a club has to make the tough calls after a mistake has been made. Will Carlton have the balls to acknowledge a similar mistake was made with Harry? And does he have any value in the trade market?
So , does Brisbane bite the bullet with Hipwood as well ?
Reportedly on similar coin for arguably less return yet you don't seem to be targeting that particular player in the same way you are always having a crack about McKay?

So , does Brisbane bite the bullet with Hipwood as well ?
Reportedly on similar coin for arguably less return yet you don't seem to be targeting that particular player in the same way you are always having a crack about McKay?
Because I'm replying to a Carlton poster who made a comment about Grundy and Treloar.

And yes, Brisbane might want to reassess Hipwood's worth, and what gaps they could address if they were to use his salary elsewhere.

Frontrunners all year until the Power showed everyone how to counter their gameplan, and now have dropped 3 out of 4.

Historically mentally weak as a club. So many wobbles. Would anyone be surprised Bombers beat them again next week?

Calling it now: Pies wont win again in 2023.

Probably the biggest backfire I've ever seen. Literally nothing came close to coming true. Well done.

Probably the biggest backfire I've ever seen. Literally nothing came close to coming true. Well done.
Note to self. In future take everything Juddernaut08 says with a gigantic vat of salt. His opinions on Collingwood are about as reliable as a plumber's estimate.

Because I'm replying to a Carlton poster who made a comment about Grundy and Treloar.

And yes, Brisbane might want to reassess Hipwood's worth, and what gaps they could address if they were to use his salary elsewhere.
McKay is best 18 at Carlton. Its a no brainer for mine

And what astute decisions they turned out to be...

Sometimes a club has to make the tough calls after a mistake has been made. Will Carlton have the balls to acknowledge a similar mistake was made with Harry? And does he have any value in the trade market?
I get your point, because the Grundy and Treloar calls were the correct calls to make, expensive, retrospective calls but it is better late than never. In this sport, you don't have to necessarily lie in the bed you make, you can mitigate your risk exposure by making tough calls like those made by the Pies.

However, McKay is a different story - he is very important for us, Curnow is only 193cm and whilst very athletic he isn't exactly quick either. Harry is verrrrry quick and is probably the biggest key forward in the comp at 205cm or whatever he is, he provides a focal point, a marking option down the line and drags defenders away from the vastly more talented and intelligent Curnow. Unless Lemmey (our next developing KPF option) is AFL ready in a year or two then McKay's deal has been an intelligent decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back