It was 6 months ago today

Remove this Banner Ad

6 months ago we were criticising Malthouse for trading our talented forwards and bringing in recycled reserves players. Now we're praising SOS for, trading our talented forwards and bringing in recycled reserves players.

We've also criticised the club for holding onto guys for too long - sort of what SOS has done by bringing in four players that he is not yet ready to admit he may have been wrong about.

Our last rebuild also started with an inexperienced coach and a raft of early draft picks which we used to draft KPPs as much as we drafted mids. Sure I'm optimistic, but I haven't bought into the 'embracing modern footy' mentality - yet to see us do anything that we haven't already.
No point having talented forwards if they have s**t attitudes or don't try. I'd rather have a downgrade on the talent for someone who at least gives their all at our stage in development.

Yet at least with Menzel I don't feel we'll lose much, with what we've brought in and especially with one C. Curnow now in the wings.

Sure things remain to be seen, but the collective overall changes in the footy club and especially the inclusion of Bolton are a good reason for optimism.

OK. I'm interested in discussing just the topic, not getting into this.

Okay. Well this quote related to your contention that we chose the front runner as coach and just brought in 5 guys to validate it. Let's discuss.

Him, Bradley Cooper and George Clooney apparently.

Anyone else's missus have 3 free passes?

Ex had one. Um, are they supposed to declare their free pass beforehand?

Ex had one. Um, are they supposed to declare their free pass beforehand?

Hers seem to keep changing... I do entertain the occasional fantasy that George Clooney is actually my daughter's father and we're due a rather large child support cheque.

I'll sick with Monica Bellucci and Sophie Marceau, ... preferably together. (Love me an accent)

No more so than:

This isn't a Malthouse or SOS discussion, I'm just surprised that so many seem to be buying into what the club is selling - we've been down this road before, we're just hoping to take the right turns this time.

They are doing a great job then, as all they have to offer at the moment is hope. We have brought into the draft as suggested and a young coach with new ideas who can grow with a young team and we aren't paying him a squillion dollars. All good to me so far. If it fails, at least we have tried something out of the normal for our club, there is no messiah complex coming into play.

We now, at least can go to the football and watch young boys become, hopefully stars of the game. We can watch players play and fight for their jumper and hopefully we get to see these boys become a team and play for each other.

So yes, the club is selling "HOPE" and I will buy into it.

I hope people don't hound me down for this, but I still feel for Michael Malthouse, yes he made mistakes, and in hindsight it was the correct decision to sack him at that time, however I still believe that he did some good things at our club, he helped bring in Sam Doc and Baby Spida to the club (two of my favourites) and actually kick started this painful, but necessary rebuild and finally got us to embrace the draft.

I can forgive Mick a lot for his grumpy/temperamental and weird behaviour in his last few weeks, when you consider the physical and emotional toll on his ailing wife and life partner.

I think deep down it was probably a relief to him that he got put out of his misery and sacked.

And if anything, he broke the all time games coached record with us. Which I am pretty certain will never happen again (never say never but its a long shot)

The rot at this footy club started years before MM took over, and i would like to think people will be kinder to him in years to come.

Very happy at the new lease of life at our footy club obviously. Trigg and Loguidace I have complete faith in, another female board member, old monogram back, more fan/member interaction, its a everything coming up Milhouse vibe at our footy club, despite the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton and Malthouse just weren't the right fit. That's not taking away any of MM's coaching achievements, because he has many and they are to be respected, but hiring him was a mistake. It's a shame that his career ended on a negative note and neither he nor the club handled themselves particularly well throughout, but it's over now.

I'd love to draw a line under it and move on.

Over simplified with omissions just to pad out a personal opinion I would suggest.

Wish this was Reddit where you could give 'gold.' Brilliant post. Perfectly said from top to bottom. Well analysed.

Who said George Clooney! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Many years ago, I was out with a young lady at the movies. We walked past a giant poster of George Clooney, I jokingly said, "I look a lot like him, don't you think?"... She replied, "um no !!! If you looked like George Clooney, I would be a very very happy girl"...
Insulted and slightly hurt, I replied, "if I looked like George Clooney I wouldn't be wasting my time with a bitch like you!"

Shortest date ever!

Many years ago, I was out with a young lady at the movies. We walked past a giant poster of George Clooney, I jokingly said, "I look a lot like him, don't you think?"... She replied, "um no !!! If you looked like George Clooney, I would be a very very happy girl"...
Insulted and slightly hurt, I replied, "if I looked like George Clooney I wouldn't be wasting my time with a bitch like you!"

Shortest date ever!
Cold, cruel and brutal........(don't ever change!!!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back