Delisted Jack Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

i feel like posting pictures of frank grimes

homers_ennemy.png

frank-grimes2.jpg

206644.jpg

enemy.jpg

Report from Peter The German.

He played wing/half-back and was good. Jack used the ball well and without being outstanding, (and) was a solid contributor.

Looks to be a few weeks away from senior selection at least. Great news to see him get through a full game.

I remember hearing on the radio the other day that he was probably 3 weeks away from seniors. I dont mind honestly. I'd love to see him play, as he's a great young talent who should be part of our future, but at the same time they shouldnt rush him for the sake of it. He's still young, and back injuries can be career killers.

i reckon another 2 weeks at least for Casey before he is considered for selection although quite a few guys will be coming back around that time (whealan, bell etc)

Really hope he can have a solid year

First game for the year today against the Eagles, and obviously second for the club for our "second" Jack.

God, I was impressed. Everything in defence was moved through either him or Bennell and nearly every kick of his hit a target (stats say 82% efficiency). For a second-gamer to be given this much responsibilty while also minding Mark LeCras is massively impressive.

Very good signs.

If we can unearth a few more young kids like this guy, we will win a flag. He will be elite, mark my words. Loved watching him play today, made a few errors but gee in your 2nd game of AFL you'll take them. He looked as though he had about 50 games under his belt today. Unfortunately 2 bad clangers resulted in 1 goal and 1 that should have been - a kick out from full back and a kick across the centre square. #16 onto the jumper for me.

Third-quarter fade fatal, says Grimes
By Matt Burgan 10:10 AM Sun 17 May, 2009

MELBOURNE half-back Jack Grimes says a poor return of just one goal in the third quarter was the chief reason the Demons did not bag the four points against the Western Bulldogs at the MCG on Saturday.

The Dees ultimately went down by just seven points, making the three goals they conceded in the third term costly.

Grimes, who had 25 disposals in just his third AFL match, said the drop in scoreboard pressure against the Dogs proved the difference.

"I don't think we stopped what we were doing in the third quarter, but they just got a bit of a run on," Grimes told melbournefc.com.au after the game.

"We could have let them go in the third quarter, but we bounced back [in the final term]."

While the Demons trailed by 12 points at three quarter-time, Grimes said the belief in the Melbourne camp was strong at the final break.

"We still thought we could win the game," he said.

"When the Bulldogs picked up their intensity and were starting to get on top of us, last year we probably would've conceded. But this year and today we fought back with a never-say-die attitude.

"The side didn't lie down at any stage. It would've been easy, especially in the last quarter when they got a couple of goals in front, to think the game's gone. We kept fighting and we tried to implement the game plan we had going."

The impressive youngster looms as an integral part of Melbourne's future. Having worked his way back from an injury-marred 2008, Grimes said it was frustrating when he sustained a back injury on the eve of the season proper, after an impressive pre-season.

But now that he's played his second successive match, he is looking to become more consistent.

"I had a full pre-season and then got injured. It didn't take me as long to come back as it did last year because I had a good base behind me”, Grimes said.

"My first priority is still to make sure my body's right. Even though I'm out there playing again, there is a lot of rehab and a lot of stuff I've got to do to make sure my body stays right – that's the main thing.

"I've got to stay out there on the park and get a few games in a row, because that's where you get your confidence from."
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/76954/default.aspx

"Melbourne. J. Grimes. 3 Votes"

Oh how sweet it was t hear those words come out of AD's mouth, knowing full well it definetly won't be the last :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 2 - Melbourne vs Collingwood

Stats
Kicks - 14
Handballs - 9
Marks - 9 (3 contested)
Efficiency - 70%
Goals - 0
Behinds - 1
Tackles - 2

Contested Possessions - 7
Clearances - 0
Inside 50's - 3
Assists - 0
Clangers - 1

The Game
Most of us expected a slaughtering at the hands of collingwood today. But it wasn't to be.

Grimes played an excellent game today. he rotated between the HBF (playing on Lokyer) and the center. he was courageous going back the the flight on numerous occasions, he was deadly by foot and poised in traffic.

my one gripe was again no clearances - but he gets a game next week to redeem himself

Rating 8/10
Was is Grime Time? Yes it was

Round 3 - Melbourne vs Adelaide

Stats
Kicks - Jack Grimes
Handballs - Jack Grimes
Marks - Jack Grimes
Efficiency - Jack Grimes
Goals - Jack Grimes
Behinds - Jack Grimes
Tackles - Jack Grimes

Contested Possessions - Jack Grimes
Clearances - Jack Grimes
Inside 50's - Jack Grimes
Assists - Jack Grimes
Clangers - Jack Grimes

The Game
Jack Grimes

Rating Jack Grimes/10
Was is Grime Time? Jack Grimes

thank you for your time... Jack Grimes

Round 3 - Melbourne vs Adelaide

Stats
Kicks - Jack Grimes
Handballs - Jack Grimes
Marks - Jack Grimes
Efficiency - Jack Grimes
Goals - Jack Grimes
Behinds - Jack Grimes
Tackles - Jack Grimes

Contested Possessions - Jack Grimes
Clearances - Jack Grimes
Inside 50's - Jack Grimes
Assists - Jack Grimes
Clangers - Jack Grimes

The Game
Jack Grimes

Rating Jack Grimes/10
Was is Grime Time? Jack Grimes

thank you for your time... Jack Grimes

on microsoft word, click "edit" and choose "find and replace"

find "jack grimes" and with "kevin rudd"

because all kevin rudd talks about is himself

Round 4 - Melbourne vs Richmond

Stats
Kicks - 12
Handballs - 8
Marks - 7 (2 contested)
Efficiency - 90%
Goals - 0
Behinds - 0
Tackles - 2

Contested Possessions - 7
Clearances - 0
Inside 50's - 1
Assists - 1
Clangers - 1

The Game
Jack had a good game. he played his usual role across half back, which I have now begrudgingly accepted as the position where he will spend the majority of his time.

Although his stats were quite good he didn't really have that big of an impact on the match

Rating 7/10
Was is Grime Time? I guess[/QUOTE]

When will this kid be released into the midfield?

A lot of teams experiment come 2nd half of the season, and I wouldnt be surprised if young Jack gets a run through the middle (pending on situation the Dees are in). He was drafted as a midfielder and his elite kicking skills have been used in that quarter-back role. I love watching this kid and I think he can become the best midfielder at Melbourne, Scully and Trengove included.

Has he had any stints in the midfield this year?

Not sure if he has had any extended run in the midfield (maybe a quick rotation or two) but I think DB is happy with him settling nicely into the running HB role, which is virtually an extension of the midfield these days anyway. Not sure if there will be much room for him in the middle in a couple of years with scully, trengove, gysberts,moloney jones etc

A future captain, was in AA contention until he done his hammy and never played a game after that. If he can get over his injury's AA selection could come his way next year. 8\10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back